• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT31| The Courted Oryx (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

Bogeypop

Anyone have a bunch of Reciprocal and Stolen Runes they want to use? Apparently missing 3 Fragments from Tier 2 CoO. Really want to get that Touch of Malice.

Also have Skyburner's Deployment Codes which supposedly give a Fragment as well, but there's a timed aspect to it and don't want to try it by myself if anyone wants to do that as well before going to CoO.

noomi

So many fragments, was planning on doing them over a few days, but I just couldn't stop.

Need about 5 more, mostly from the raid. Should be able to finish by tomorrow if I really put my ass into gear.

Kaversmed

Do you need to go the heroic strikes for strike specific gear?

Good question. I played a bunch of normal strikes yesterday and never got strike specific gear. Played one heroic strike today and got the warlock helmet Devouring Maw from the S.A.B.E.R. strike.

Dunno if it was just pure luck though.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
7 & 23 on vita haha. Making puns fire team leader. Following his lead on CoO. You left?
Ive been guilted into raiding to the first checkpoint, but I'm in for CoO tonight after and raid tomorrow night too for sure if you're avaiable then. Sorry I didn't know PuMa was planning to go CoO, I poached him D:

LTWood12

Ive been guilted into raiding to the first checkpoint, but I'm in for CoO tonight after and raid tomorrow night too for sure if you're avaiable then. Sorry I didn't know PuMa was planning to go CoO, I poached him D:

No worries! Was planning to play w/ Dave anyway.

rc213

Anyone have a bunch of Reciprocal and Stolen Runes they want to use? Apparently missing 3 Fragments from Tier 2 CoO. Really want to get that Touch of Malice.

Also have Skyburner's Deployment Codes which supposedly give a Fragment as well, but there's a timed aspect to it and don't want to try it by myself if anyone wants to do that as well before going to CoO.

I got a bunch of reciprocal and 2 stolen but only one is fully charged. And a skyburners code.

Not available until after 9pm PST

Earlier today I think I broke Jaxx during a Rift match. At one point I got a triple kill with Titan lightning nade followed by Triple kill with Fist of Havoc. He just stuttered and said something about team and I just cruised to my dunk.

Everyone on both teams was just killing each other around the spark. No one was taking it for some reason. Got 3 Carries 2 Dunks and it ended with Jaxx yelling I know domination when I see it. Lol

BraXzy

What the hell is with not being able to put in my armsday orders? Can I put in an order and get a gun at the same time on Wednesday? Did I lose 2 guns because I didn't order before some reset no one seems to know about?

Yeah I discarded mine for a last minute change yesterday and realised I screwed myself.. ahh well.

Thoughts / speculation on raid weapon lore, very mild spoilers about the weapon descriptions.

So all of the raid weapons have names that are
someone's negative emotions or other perils that befell them
, and the descriptions appear to be
that person's last words after an encounter with Oryx and the hive
. In the Sunless Cell strike, Eris mentions that Oryx
renders down prisoners into chitin and other materials to build ships

Got me thinking, are the raid weapons not just named
after Oryx's victims, but are his victims? I.e. Raid weapons are people! Raid weapons are made out of people!

BraXzy

HOLY CRAP!

With the Touch of Malice, on the T3 Court of Oryx, I was critting 18k per shot when I had the ogre buff x3 and last bullet. Killed the Ogre in 5 seconds :O

Fee

Does anyone have a suggestion as to how to do the Solar kills portion of the exotic sword quest as a sunsinger warlock as fast as possible? I've been at this of a long time and am only at 31%.

Mupod

"I'm going to stop mindlessly grinding quests and find someone to do something I actually want to do"

and then I sat in orbit for 2 hours.

Thoughts / speculation on raid weapon lore, very mild spoilers about the weapon descriptions.

So all of the raid weapons have names that are
someone's negative emotions or other perils that befell them
, and the descriptions appear to be
that person's last words after an encounter with Oryx and the hive
. In the Sunless Cell strike, Eris mentions that Oryx
renders down prisoners into chitin and other materials to build ships

Got me thinking, are the raid weapons not just named
after Oryx's victims, but are his victims? I.e. Raid weapons are people! Raid weapons are made out of people!
Chilling.
The scout rifle has the Kell of Stone asking where "The Great Machine"(Traveler) is. Last words of desperation maybe.

Wilde

Anyone else need to go into the raid and get the first calcified fragment on the pillar before the teleport? Or anyone willing to help out?

It's right at the beginning, so I just need help opening the gate.

This is the last fragment I need to get the Touch of Malace!

ZW33.

Tovarisc

Thanks to ZW33 aka Wilde for letting me join in on Agonarch Rune :) Now I'm just missing one fragment and need King's Fall CP for it, right after 2nd boss.

Bogeypop

Anyone else need to go into the raid and get the first calcified fragment on the pillar before the teleport? Or anyone willing to help out?

ZW33.

Sure I need the fragment.

Thanks to ZW33 for letting me join in on Agonarch Rune :) Now I'm just missing one fragment and need King's Fall CP for it, right after 2nd boss.

Ahh man that's what I get for focusing on the easy Fragments to get while everyone was doing CoO and the other hard Fragments :( Even with the "passing-it-to-alts" trick I'll have to wait until Wednesday for a full charged one.

ZW33.
I do, and I'll join. psn same as gaf.

Top Bottom