• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT31| The Courted Oryx (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

btkadams

Ok guys... Long Far Gone (legendary solar fusion rifle) or Conspiracy Theory-D (legendary arc shotgun)? I just finished that vanguard strike quest and get to choose one.

Are shotguns still way better, or did 2.0 make fusion rifles good? Haven't used one yet.

ocean

Banned
What's the consensus on appropriate light level gor raid, and how long does it take to complete?
290 is recommended. You can get by at 285 if you're skilled and with a good team.

For Oryx you really wanna be 295 or above, but again you can maybe cut it at a little less with skill and a good team (definitely no less than 290 for him though).

As for time: anywhere between 44 minutes (current record) and 4-5 hours depending on the group's coordination, skill, experience and level.

coy

Kingslayers! Too excited to take even a victory picture but he's down. Hands still shaking from the excitement. Thanks for setting this up Messiek, for staying Klyka, and Liffie, Tiger, and Blu for keeping it entertaining throughout. This raid is such a blast.

Now in the Tower and randomly run into fig and JGW. Awesome!

Kingslayers! Too excited to take even a victory picture but he's down. Hands still shaking from the excitement. Thanks for setting this up Messiek, for staying Klyka, and Liffie, Tiger, and Blu for keeping it entertaining throughout. This raid is such a blast.

Now in the Tower and randomly run into fig and JGW. Awesome!
Congrats :3

Btw does anyone want to help or need to do the 290 light level shield brother quest?

xir

Likely to be eaten by a grue
anyone unlock the Shaxx weekly bounties with "nightfall level rewards"? curious if anyone did it, and well, what were the rewards

The champion at Scablands summons Lieutenants when he spawns, this let me kill all 6 in one taken invasion encounter.

Fuck 6? I thought it would be 2 like the other planets. What the hell is the reward for the taken war other than rune drops?

It's your job.
Nevermind. I thought I had to kill 6 champions. Lieutenants aren't bad. 6 champions would have been another story.

So how are people leveling alts again? You transfer weapons and you can use high level blues to infuse but that still means you gotta find a legendary for every spot on the alt...

So how are people leveling alts again? You transfer weapons and you can use high level blues to infuse but that still means you gotta find a legendary for every spot on the alt...
Transfer your weapons and ghost. Get engrams. Use extra gear from your main class to infuse the gear you get on your alt. I saved 290+ gear on my Titan for my Hunter when I switch over.

Klyka

Banned
It's 4:30 AM here.

My hands are shaking still, my arms and neck are tired out.
My butt hurts and I am pretty sure I've been way too loud and this time of night for my neighbors.

But fuck it, ORYX IS DOWN thanks to the awesome fireteam that took me in!

I'll upload our kill tomorrow, I hope the recording turned out well,I am too tired to check.
Fuck work, Destiny is more important.

Thanks to Messiek, Coy,Liffie, Tiger, and Blu! Awesome guys.

PEACE

OUT

I need to kill two champions on Mars so our quests intertwine.

And I joined XO on fear's embrace but it didn't give me it. I guess you have to start it from the beginning. Stupid.
I'm on the one after that. I think? I had to kill two champions on Mars and then now I got the one where I have to kill 6 Taken Lieutenants on Mars. Not sure where the Fear's Embrace quest comes in.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I'm on the one after that. I think? I had to kill two champions on Mars and then now I got the one where I have to kill 6 Taken Lieutenants on Mars. Not sure where the Fear's Embrace quest comes in.

I just did the kill 6 lieutenants with you.

What I'm talking is actually a different quest. Kill two champions is Petra. Fear is last Taken War Mars quest.

What's the fastest way to get the shotgun portion of the Tex mechanica quest out of the way? I am fuckin surgeon with a shotgun in crucible if that helps :p

I just did the kill 6 lieutenants with you.

What I'm talking is actually a different quest. Kill two champions is Petra. Fear is last Taken War Mars quest.
We had it the other way around. I had the two champion Petra quest myself when we did it together. You had the 6 lieutenants. Now it's vice versa. I should get the Fear's Embrace after this quest then. We can do it after our quest.

Sullichin

What's the fastest way to get the shotgun portion of the Tex mechanica quest out of the way? I am fuckin surgeon with a shotgun in crucible if that helps :p

Crucible is the fastest I think. I don't like using shotguns in Crucible but it's less boring than farming captains or something

noomi

Alright, I'm out.... got all them fragments, will get the last 4 from raid tomorrow and the
touch of malice is mine!

Nighty night DGAF, see you in the AM

Top Bottom