• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT31| The Courted Oryx (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

Finally got to 300.

Got the fusion rifle from the raid but I could care for it so I fused that with my Stillpiercer & fused the hand cannon (which is terrible) with my Red Death.

It's 4:30 AM here.

My hands are shaking still, my arms and neck are tired out.
My butt hurts and I am pretty sure I've been way too loud and this time of night for my neighbors.

But fuck it, ORYX IS DOWN thanks to the awesome fireteam that took me in!

I'll upload our kill tomorrow, I hope the recording turned out well,I am too tired to check.
Fuck work, Destiny is more important.

Thanks to Messiek, Coy,Liffie, Tiger, and Blu! Awesome guys.

PEACE

OUT

Nice man. It feels good to kill that bastard.

MrDaravon

I'm gonna be real honest, having done everything but the final part of the Raid I found everything past the very first part to just be tedious. I get that they want full teamwork and coordination and all that and that's fine and I can respect that, but I feel they take it way too far. On all of the boss fights I never felt satisfaction, just relief that we didn't have to do it again. Also really not happy with all of the
jumping puzzles
. Again just tedious and way too long. I'm honestly actively dreading even having to do it again next week to get one full clear done, I probably will be done after that. Even if new strats are found for boss stuff I just have zero desire to ever do the in-between parts ever again. I know groups of people who probably are going to be outright not able to do certain parts of the Raid just from a skill perspective which again is something I can respect if that was their intention, but this just doesn't interest me at all. Unless the Hard mode version (or however they handle it) offers super crazy loot that I can't live without I'm probably gonna be 100% done with doing this Raid after I get one full clear after the reset.

Mindlog

Need to decide if I want to finish off my exotic sword quest tonight or leave it at legendary so it won't take up an exotic slot.

Did anyone ever figure out whether it'd be possible to obtain the legendary one again so we can have an exotic/leg of each element? I like the sword, but I'm not sure the special move is worth the exotic slot.
I'm stuck here too.
I like my legendary sword. I don't want to have to lose my exotic slot just to equip it :\

Armsday is the big day so a night to sleep on it.

Edit - Did anyone figure out the quest without looking at a guide? Specifically opening the door. I feel like I missed a clue somewhere. After reading I just chipped them all down.
Wait a minute...you can fuse two different types of weapons together?? I thought they had to be the same type. Damn.
You can also fuse armors cross classes. Extra pair of 290 Boots for your Warlock? Use them to help your Titan.

Houndi101

Hey everyone.

I bought the game last week and been playing through the weekend to make a lvl 37 Titan, been doing quests, bounties and random Strikes. I was just wondering how realistic is it going through the older raids when I hit 40, or are they still super hard if you're not like a well oiled machine with your team? Just out of interest and wanting to see all the content.

Are there gaffers on PS4 who would be up for this?

Oh yeah, is this divided to euro and US or can we all mingle?
Anyway if you're up for any Destiny shenanigans feel free to add Houndi101
I'll look into the clan stuff when I get home tonight

SnakeEyes

Banned
If you get
45 Calcified Fragments
you get a
310 Exotic Scout Rifle called the Touch of Malice.
And since normally it'd take you at least a week to get this particular fragment and people have found a workaround you can see why it's in such high demand right now.
I'm currently 35/50, and as long as I can find a quick 10 tonight, I should be sweet.

KxoZz

Soooo, my Warlock has 42/50 Fragments, but destinyghosthunter says I have 43. Which means I must have found one on my Hunter that I don't have on my Warlock.
Is there any way I can tell which character has which Fragments?

R0ckman

Oh man, finally beat him with a dedicated but still fun group can't wait to run some more with them.

The guns actually look kind of gross now that I think about it... :p

Wow all,

I had to buy a luggage to check in for bringing home goodies and so I got a 2 pack, 1 is a carry on for my ps4 and Rofl, talk about perfect measurement

GarlFfph.jpg

LTWood12

Huge thanks to DJRuthless, Kadey, Dave, and T-44 for helping with the Court of Oryx quest and the nightfall. Those two activities put me in range.

R U I N W O N G S B O Y Z
hPZwj6n.jpg

Mindlog

Oh yeah, is this divided to euro and US or can we all mingle?
Anyway if you're up for any Destiny shenanigans feel free to add Houndi101
I'll look into the clan stuff when I get home tonight
Keep an eye out for Hawkian noobie raids. The old raids are very forgiving now and still fun to go through. You can easily participate at level 37 :]

My last Raid clear had GAF from just about every corner of the world. No worries there.

The active clans are fun, but the best way to get a group together is just to post in here. It's actually kind of slow recently because everyone is honed in on what they want to do. Tomorrow will see an explosion of people looking for groups. Welcome and have fun.

Actually, do any of the strike-legendaries drop in the lvl 36 playlist?

Just need a quick yes or no, so I know how much effort I can expect to exert to grind for this goodies.

R0ckman

I'm gonna be real honest, having done everything but the final part of the Raid I found everything past the very first part to just be tedious. I get that they want full teamwork and coordination and all that and that's fine and I can respect that, but I feel they take it way too far. On all of the boss fights I never felt satisfaction, just relief that we didn't have to do it again. Also really not happy with all of the
jumping puzzles
. Again just tedious and way too long. I'm honestly actively dreading even having to do it again next week to get one full clear done, I probably will be done after that. Even if new strats are found for boss stuff I just have zero desire to ever do the in-between parts ever again. I know groups of people who probably are going to be outright not able to do certain parts of the Raid just from a skill perspective which again is something I can respect if that was their intention, but this just doesn't interest me at all. Unless the Hard mode version (or however they handle it) offers super crazy loot that I can't live without I'm probably gonna be 100% done with doing this Raid after I get one full clear after the reset.

The issue with this raid especially at the final boss is that there is not enough window room for error, which is fine, but the element of error is too individualized so there is also hardly room for team synergy to take place. If member A is weak in one area but has to do that role, member B is put in a position where he can't offer support.

Imagine the vault of glass if you could not go through the time gates to help those that go in. If the weaker team member with a lower light level is randomly chosen your fate is in their hands. You can do nothing to help.

Shiv47

Hey everyone.

I bought the game last week and been playing through the weekend to make a lvl 37 Titan, been doing quests, bounties and random Strikes. I was just wondering how realistic is it going through the older raids when I hit 40, or are they still super hard if you're not like a well oiled machine with your team? Just out of interest and wanting to see all the content.

Are there gaffers on PS4 who would be up for this?

I only did each year 1 raid once on each difficulty, so I'd be happy to play them again. The super hardcore types probably won't too interested in the near future as they'll be working over the new raid. You should be able to get through the old ones without too much difficulty when you know what's going on. Noobs can do it in an hour or two with a guide.

MrDaravon

The issue with this raid especially at the final boss is that there is not enough window room for error, which is fine, but the element of error is too individualized so there is also hardly room for team synergy to take place. If member A is weak in one area but has to do that role, member B is put in a position where he can't offer support.

Imagine the vault of glass if you could not go through the time gates to help those that go in. If the weaker team member with a lower light level is randomly chosen your fate is in their hands. You can do nothing to help.

Right, which is only part of my personal problem with it, and I think that's to an extent by design. I don't think they want people getting carried, everyone needs to be 100% on point and if that means potentially excluding some people from being able to complete the Raid they're probably okay with that. I would just have less of a problem with it if I didn't feel like every part of the Raid from beginning up until the last boss (which is the only thing I didn't do) is just overly long and tedious. It's like they went way in the opposite direction of the previous raids. The raid itself is interesting, I just didn't find any part of it particularly fun to be honest. We'll see what people come up with in the meantime, but unless people find warp pipes no amount of boss strats are going to really make me want to trudge through a lot of those parts again. I'm glad that most people seem to really like it, it just may not be for me. The Raid right now is basically what I would have expected out of the Hard mode version or something.

Ugh, these patrol quests are so boring. Sometimes it doesnt even register that I killed a Champion.

All by myself in Rocketyard, twiddling my thumbs. Not sure if I can do this solo

I have been in the Rocketyard alone, waiting for Stirok, Banner of Oryx for like 20 mins with nothing happening. Am I doing something wrong?

BraXzy

Touch of Malice get.

Damn that gun looks amazing.

I'm not a big fan of the hive aesthetic on anything, but I love the gyro thing going on.

Also, did you notice that as your ammo depletes, the black ball of whatever grows. Also also, when you're on your last bullet and using your life to shoot, you can sometimes hear some weird murmuring. Pretty creepy!

I have been in the Rocketyard alone, waiting for Stirok, Banner of Oryx for like 20 mons with nothing happening. Am I doing something wrong?

When it says "Taken are invading the area", one of the Taken spawns will be a yellow health bar enemy and it will say something about a Taken Lieutenant is on patrol. You need to run around and find the yellow health bar lieutenant and kill it. This will happen two more times, then it will say something about another enemy invading. This will be Stirok (or whatever champion is in your zone). You'll have a limited time to kill it before it despawns. It's tricky to do alone, but very possible.

When it says "Taken are invading the area", one of the Taken spawns will be a yellow health bar enemy and it will say something about a Taken Lieutenant is on patrol. You need to run around and find the yellow health bar lieutenant and kill it. This will happen two more times, then it will say something about another enemy invading. This will be Stirok (or whatever champion is in your zone). You'll have a limited time to kill it before it despawns. It's tricky to do alone, but very possible.

I have killed a couple, but problem is they are not spawning in Rocketyard. Worked fine in Skywaych and the Divide.

Top Bottom