• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT31| The Courted Oryx (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

I'm really loving Susanoo in the crucible. Also Tlaloc is surprisingly awesome in PvP for me. Tried it for the hell of it and I'm liking it a lot.

Shotguns can burn in hell. Susanoo fucks then up though.

maomaoIYP

I'm on leave from Thursday till Monday, hopefully I'll be able to join a raid group with some gaffers! It's tough when you're living all the way across the other end of the globe.

So as far as year one exotics that are year two now. I am maxed on marks and need to spend some. Should I go.

Suros, Juju, or Red Death

??

I can't seem to decide. A few armor peices for my warlock would be an ok way to spend marks I guess but running multiple characters now isn't as important as it used to be.

exYle

I'm really loving Susanoo in the crucible. Also Tlaloc is surprisingly awesome in PvP for me. Tried it for the hell of it and I'm liking it a lot.

Shotguns can burn in hell. Susanoo fucks then up though.

My thoughts exactly. Tlaloc is absolutely fucking amazing, I find myself playing Sunsinger so I'm not tempted to use my super and then I just barrel through things. And Susanoo makes me like fusion rifles again

So as far as year one exotics that are year two now. I am maxed on marks and need to spend some. Should I go.

??

I can't seem to decide. A few armor peices for my warlock would be an ok way to spend marks I guess but running multiple characters now isn't as important as it used to be.

I'd go Suros or Red Death. Suros was my raid MvP, saved me from death so many times. Red Death would be the same deal.

Have all the previous strikes been revamped for The Taken King? I quickly glanced at the description for each of them but there doesn't seem to be any difference. Are the enemies randomized now or something?

hyp

sword brothers down just in time for the reset. holy shit that battle was hectic as hell. chaperone better be dope!

pyrandes

Got CoO donein a group of random found and got two more artifacts duet it (296 and the quest)
Not a bad way to end the night.... unless I can get a last minute NF in.

Doodis

So I leveled the gunsmith to 1 but he's not showing any foundry requisitions. I've also tested out all his guns. Is this a glitch?

xir

Likely to be eaten by a grue
got the dead orbit quest at rank 25, when it says wear the armor does that mean full set, any piece, or class item only?

papercamm

If anybody is interested in doing a raid or nightfall with me, I'm PaperCamm on Xbox one. Kinda lonely on there since all my friends either got it for PS4 or stopped playing.

Kensuke

Raid end-boss spoilers:
Touch of Malice breaks the the last two phases of the raid. You can fire that last bullet that does double damage without losing health within the aura. It completely destroys the daughters and it easily stuns Oryx. It almost makes those parts of the raid a joke. Crazy.

BLCKATK

Does anyone know how rare it is to get a Wormsinger rune? I've only gotten one so far, was wondering if it was possible to farm more of them.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community

??

Year 2 Suros is a monster.

Year 2 Suros is a monster.

Yep, it would probably be the best primary gun if it wasn't for the Supercell

Got upto the
sisters
last night, now I've done upto
warpriestx2
i'm pretty confident I can reach the same stage pretty quick, just need to hit final boss to get that down. Is Nighthawk definitely a thing for it, I managed to get one from my Draksis farming

zewone

Got upto the
sisters
warpriestx2
i'm pretty confident I can reach the same stage pretty quick, just need to hit final boss to get that down. Is Nighthawk definitely a thing for it, I managed to get one from my Draksis farming

Man o man, Nighthawk is the shit
for Oryx.

We had myself and one other Gunslinger. We were doing almost 17,000+ damage (make sure to turn on GG accuracy for some reason to get the most damage).

We were easily able to stagger him with basically just the 2 of our Supers.

My thoughts exactly. Tlaloc is absolutely fucking amazing, I find myself playing Sunsinger so I'm not tempted to use my super and then I just barrel through things. And Susanoo makes me like fusion rifles again

More reason for Warlock master race.

Edit: top of the page, yeah Warlock master race

Got upto the
sisters
warpriestx2

IMO
you're better off all sniping with WoL to ensure Oryx is going down. It's really easy to hit his hand with all the shaking going on. Nighthawk is ok though for the Echo or Ogre.
Tears was using the Nighthawk yesterday but it took only ~20% health of the
Echo.

zewone

IMO
you're better off all sniping with WoL to ensure Oryx is going down. It's really easy to hit his hand with all the shaking going on. Nighthawk is ok though for the Echo or Ogre.
Echo.

Doing it wrong.
It stuns Oryx easier than any other method.

Kensuke

IMO
Echo.

Best of all is
using a heavy machine gun. I think only shooting his round core within the blue light actually really stuns him. You can get more consistent damage on the core with a machine gun compared to snipers. Touch of Malice trumps all of course.

Trying to get past
Golgorth
for the second time just for the fragments and is such a pain with an LFG group. Really want to start next week's raid with ToM

Top Bottom