• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT31| The Courted Oryx (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

Me and a friend are looking to create a Raid group with some fellow GMT/European GAF bros.

Half the time its hard to join in the fun with most GAF bros due to time differences and being at work etc.

So far there is two of us (both over 290 - I am 295).

We would be looking to raid on Friday and/or on the weekend, basically what ever is suitable for everyone.

Anyone here interested?

bitsurugi

yesterday i was all "woo more quests" but today all of a sudden for some reason i have absolutely no motivation to do anymore grinding in this game.

these calcified fragments especially. running around reading gudies for all these already discovered secrets makes the dreadnaught less of a "loot filled fortress" and more of a tedious room with a million keys and locked doors.

Don't really like how they made this. W/o a guide it's impossible, with a guide is super boring.

While Assassins Creed is a dull game, it has a good mechanic for collectibles:

- you can BUY a map for collectibles.

Why not giving Xur a super expensive ghost, that can pinpoint fragments, like a compass, then, when you are nearby, spawn yellow mobs, which you defeat, and they drop the fragment.

Is that not cooler, than:

- go to youtube
- skip the ''sup guys, here is XY, with another calcified fragment guide''... skip 1 min of boring walking.... watch where the fragment is, repeat in your game.

I love the idea of the fragments, just hate it that it is literally IMPOSSIBLE to find them all w/o guides.

nOoblet16

Good morning Bunneh gaffers!

Still need more data to analyse that 20+ shards mechanic. Today will be a good day for that with the reset. Maybe the 20 + shards will guarantee you at least 2 drops.

If I don't find a group for raid today I will be helping ppl with their fragments. I know the location of almost all of them so we could get 2 Fireteams ( using the loading door method) and get those.
Join mah reset raid
Ifrlfxz.jpg

Lima

Touch of Malice is op during the last two parts of the raid lol. Shit is going to be nerfed before hard mode comes out guaranteed.

bitsurugi

Does nobody really know the location of fragment 43, 44, 45, 47,or 48? Without any of those toy can't get to 45, yet I heard some already have ToM

They will probably drop from T3 CoO new bosses (think they rotate every week like PoE).

It's just my educated guess, since one dropped from T3 and T2 have different fragments for different combinations.

nOoblet16

Touch of Malice is op during the last two parts of the raid lol. Shit is going to be nerfed before hard mode comes out guaranteed.
so people do have it?

They will probably drop from T3 CoO new bosses (think they rotate every week like PoE).

It's just my educated guess, since one dropped from T3 and T2 have different fragments for different combinations.
If people have it someone knows at least one of these locations.

ocean

Banned
I found a pretty organized list of the Fragments I'm missing:

http://destinyghosthunter.net/ghosts/psn/a_javierp/dreadnaught/

And checked out how to get them:

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyThe...fied_fragments_sorted_by_location_and_videos/

A few are simple "go pick it up" but it seems I'm also missing all the annoying crap. Out of the 9 I'm missing, 4 are from Stolen Runes, 1 is the Scent chest, one is the Wormsinger random key one, a Skyburners Security shit, the slow opening chest..

Malice so close and yet so far. These things + Fear's Embrace and it will finally be mine

Alright that makes it 5 of us...need one more. I am getting online now.
Anyone else to squeeze in a bit of raid before reset and then start from the beginning after reset?

Add me on PSN if you don't have me already nOoblet16.

Im trying to clear oryx now but not being succcessful with pubbies. Dont know if we got enough time

Me and a friend are looking to create a Raid group with some fellow GMT/European GAF bros.

Half the time its hard to join in the fun with most GAF bros due to time differences and being at work etc.

We would be looking to raid on Friday and/or on the weekend, basically what ever is suitable for everyone.

Anyone here interested?

I'd be up for it, try messaging langiot as he'd probably be up for it as well, he also has a friend who dependant on wife enrage should be good as well

ocean

Banned
so people do have it?

If people have it someone knows at least one of these locations.
There's 50 Fragments total, 45 of which have been identified. Touch of Malice requires you having 45 for Eris to give you the final quest step. Nothing stops people from getting it now, even if the final 5 Fragments remain as of yet undiscovered :)

Skele7on

Banned
I'm back from my week of grinding, losing world first due to the "gaze" and other ridiculous events such as a member taking a whole hour to pick up his kid due to traffic.

What an amazing week though, a few fragments away from "that" gun.

RexNovis

Banned
Is there any reason to do the story missions at the heroic level? There don't seem to be any listed rewards. Why would they offer the option if there's no point?

Raybunny

Anyone here interested?

I can help out since I am on GMT+1 if you ever need one on Fridays and Weekends, pop a party invite.

There's 50 Fragments total, 45 of which have been identified. Touch of Malice requires you having 45 for Eris to give you the final quest step. Nothing stops people from getting it now, even if the final 5 Fragments remain as of yet undiscovered :)

You got some annoying fragments to get... I will focus on the sword quest as soon I get home then on a dead time I can help out.

Weird question here. I haven't played Destiny for probably 10 months, I loaded it up to see how it's different and noticed I have missions available from The Dark Below and from House of Wolves. I didn't buy these or the season pass or anything. I *am* game sharing with a friend so it's possible he purchased them and thus I have access? I don't see any way of telling if that's the case (he's asleep now or id just text him lol). When I go in to manage game, there's no download for the expansions or anything. So do I now own them because he does? (i do not have access to taken king content)

The expansion packs are automatically downloaded as game patches so everyone has the same files regardless if you do not own the expansion packs. haha from my own personal experiences, you will not have access to the expansion packs if your friend buys it.

I am assuming your friend's Ps4 is the primary PS4. Thus if his PSN account is on your PS4, and you sign in on your PSN account, it wont be able to access your friend's PSN account. If you log in on your friend's PSN account on your PS4, you will be able to access his PSN account.

If your PSN account is on your friend's PS4, you will be able to access his PSN account. Its a way Sony use to prevent many people from sharing their account by just having their PSN account on multiple PS4 and allowing another different user to have access to that account.

p.s sorry if that was confusing :p Personally experiences trying to let my friend borrow my digital copy of Bloodborne.

ocean

Banned
golden rule of Destiny

anytime the game is boring solo, play it with friends
Grouping up can make long tasks fun, like getting Fragments or Sword kills.

But God who in the world thought intense Patrol farming was a good idea? Hell to the no. I won't do something boring and annoying and stupid just for a quest. There's no point in playing a game if you don't have fun while you do it.

All 3 Exotic swords: crossed off my book. Wish I had known before starting the quest that it ended up in such a boring step.

Raybunny

That's what we did though...didn't we?

Yes that's what we did. Except for the part where the
"gazer" destroys the orb alone before taking the Boss attention. Like that the pit team will has a lot more uptime and ammo for the boss.

Same raid same time?

Hi Druv. Yesterday I got your invite but couldn't join since had already plans with 2 other players. I always answer party invites ( unless I am on a raid) so next time feel free to party chat invite me.

But God who in the world thought intense Patrol farming was a good idea? Hell to the no. I won't do something boring and annoying and stupid just for a quest. There's no point in playing a game if you don't have fun while you do it.

All 3 Exotic swords: crossed off my book. Wish I had known before starting the quest that it ended up in such a boring step.

yea these collectathon quests are breaking my spirit.

Bungie should make hadium flakes drop from defeating Taken champions. Come on, reward people for playing your game and not for running around in a goram circle.

Ambitious

We don't want players spend their time in Destiny shooting into a cave
Having them running around in circles for hours is totally fine though

ocean

Banned
I can help out since I am on GMT+1 if you ever need one on Fridays and Weekends, pop a party invite.

You got some annoying fragments to get... I will focus on the sword quest as soon I get home then on a dead time I can help out.
Hey man! Congrats on your Malice :)

Ugh I'd join you for Sword but Patrol since we need the same material but Patrol farming is soul crushingly boring and stupid. Think I'll abandon that quest.

I'll try to get as many fragments as I can solo, I just might need to group up for the T2 CoO stuff

Doh! In so stupid. What messed me up is the patrol map says I have 39 yet I have 41 from grimoire cards. Thought I needed 6 more, really only need 4 more.

Trickster

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyThe...fied_fragments_sorted_by_location_and_videos/

A few are simple "go pick it up" but it seems I'm also missing all the annoying crap. Out of the 9 I'm missing, 4 are from Stolen Runes, 1 is the Scent chest, one is the Wormsinger random key one, a Skyburners Security shit, the slow opening chest..

Malice so close and yet so far. These things + Fear's Embrace and it will finally be mine

holy shit, I never realized how many Dead Ghosts I was missing. 27/94 lol

Wtf at there being 3 ghosts in the reef?! I thought I had searched the place pretty thouroughly, and I found 1

ocean

Banned
yea these collectathon quests are breaking my spirit.
People complained about Chaperone but that shit was fine.

Make quests as difficult and long as you want. Give me an esoteric requirement I don't care. But asking me to spend 2-3 hours running around picking shit up from the floor is fucking absurd and I can't believe they'd ask this of us.

I literally can't conceive of a more boring thing to do in this game.

yea i'm missing a few raid ones and all of the annoying ones. i also wasted a skyburners key because, you know, the key is on a fucking timer.

Make quests as difficult and long as you want. Give me an esoteric requirement I don't care. But asking me to spend 2-3 hours running around picking shit up from the floor is fucking absurd and I can't believe they'd ask this of us.

whoa there, let's not put on the thorn tinted glasses.

Chaperone made me use a shitty last word against people on the shotgun portion of the stage, and then a shotgun against people on the last word portion of the stage. Were it not for the Sword quest i did the day after, Chaperone would have kept its spot as the dumbest quest I've done in Destiny.

People want to complete the quests as soon as they are available, especially when they've already done everything else. These ones are designed to be completed gradually, which makes them incredibly annoying when you binge on them.

The patrol quests are just as bad. The game needs more quests like "Kill 1000 Taken on Mars" or something where you can binge on it without losing progress or going out of your way to use a certain weapon. Like, get 25 kills with a throwing knife? Even I don't want to do that.

Guys I got the vanilla Destiny preordered day 1. Got to level 8-9 and got really dissapointed and never touched it again. But seeing all these posts about new expansion and how great GAF players are even for dads with limited time to play reignited my interest again.

So what is the cheapest way of me getting back in business? I mean there are only 2 options digital and retail, but I'm pretty sure I got one of those year one expansions for free with preorder, but am not sure.

On the other hand I can buy the TTK disc for 550 SEK

So what do you guys think? PS4 btw

Skele7on

Banned

That quest made me miss NLB sooo much.

One quest is truly crushing me is the sword one, my spirit dies collecting filaments

Raybunny

Hey man! Congrats on your Malice :)

Ugh I'd join you for Sword but Patrol since we need the same material but Patrol farming is soul crushingly boring and stupid. Think I'll abandon that quest.

I'll try to get as many fragments as I can solo, I just might need to group up for the T2 CoO stuff

Thanks and abandon WHAT? Whaa What? What is wronnnnng with youuuu? Ill Malice your french accent if you do.

Being serious now, as soon as you are available we can farm those relics together I got 1 each 5-7 mins. Got 3 already in a flash. For the void quest use the old armamentarium ( if titan) for double grenades and go to the Dark Beyond or Warsat and it will be done so fast.

Acidote

Are some calcified fragments tied to Wormsinger Rune and the Skyburners Pass? I have them both and been waiting for my friends to pick up the slack and up their light.

Anyone here interested?

I would be (if I can get my light level from 220 to 280 by then). Are you on Xbox One?

Top Bottom