• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT31| The Courted Oryx (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

Impulsor

Doing it wrong.
It stuns Oryx easier than any other method.

Yeah, we would go two nightstalkers, two gunslingers, one with night hawk. Start with full super, get up to:

The part where you gotta stagger him, run up to the platform, shoot him with the super while the rest was firing too, stagger him, jump down, shadowshot to the minions, orb fest, supers ready, detonate the orbs, deal with the missiles or the echo, whatever it was, then rinse and repeat.

Flawless victory! *after a couple thousand wipes lol

Raid end-boss spoilers:
Touch of Malice breaks the the last two phases of the raid. You can fire that last bullet that does double damage without losing health within the aura. It completely destroys the daughters and it easily stuns Oryx. It almost makes those parts of the raid a joke. Crazy.

Good to know, should work the same way with blessing of light bubble.

Zocano

Can anyone give me some examples on how each class plays like? I've been staring at the class select screen for too long.

Honestly they mostly feel the same aside from the jump. Hunters have like a standard jump/double jump/triple jump. Titans have super rocket boosters. Warlocks fart their way across the air and move like turds.

Aside from specific use cases, you won't be doing much entirely differently. Each class has a really high DPS output subclass now and each has a specific niche as far as utility (Titans give group shields and weapon damage, Warlocks can speed up cooldowns, and Hunters can provide group invisiblity). Honestly as far as group teamwork, Titans probably have the most to provide while Warlocks give you a safety net (self-rez) and Hunters are just the dumb lone wolf dps man.

I mostly just picked the class I thought looked the coolest at first (Titan).

You will probably end up making a character of each class anyway.

Doing it wrong.
It stuns Oryx easier than any other method.

Best of all is
using a heavy machine gun. I think only shooting his round core within the blue light actually really stuns him. You can get more consistent damage on the core with a machine gun compared to snipers. Touch of Malice trumps all of course.

There's nothing wrong about
sniping, Nighthawking or machine gunning Oryx to stagger him, as long as he goes down any method is fine by me. Soon we'll all be 310 Light and we can stagger him with a Sidearm ;)

GlamFM

Banned
Can anyone give me some examples on how each class plays like? I've been staring at the class select screen for too long.

Jumps and supers are basically the biggest distinctions.

I´ve fully leveled up all 3 classes and consider the Defender Titan to be the MVP in PvE.

Either way - you can´t go wrong.

Impulsor

There's nothing wrong about
sniping, Nighthawking or machine gunning Oryx to stagger him, as long as he goes down any method is fine by me. Soon we'll all be 310 Light and we can stagger him with a Sidearm ;)

Yeah, really in the end we just adapted to what we had, each team is going to add small variations to it.

For example:

We would only use three guys in the platforms instead of all four because I had enough platforms to get to the orb each and every time, the fourth guy would help with the ogres and minions as needed.

And as I said, we would run up to the platform after Oryx smashed his fist and gunsling the eff out of him, run back, detonate, keep on shooting.

Intense, I couldn't sleep well because of the adrenaline

Stupid Court of Oryx fragments. Can't seem to get 2 of the 4 you get from level 2 and I've had terrible luck finding Stolen Runes. I'm done with the ToM quest otherwise.

So quick Raid question:

On Oryx, when you stagger him and detonate the Ogre Orbs, what's the minimum detonation count to damage him? I know we detonated at least two, but it didn't seem to damage him.

Carbonox

Yeah, we would go two nightstalkers, two gunslingers, one with night hawk. Start with full super, get up to:

The part where you gotta stagger him, run up to the platform, shoot him with the super while the rest was firing too, stagger him, jump down, shadowshot to the minions, orb fest, supers ready, detonate the orbs, deal with the missiles or the echo, whatever it was, then rinse and repeat.

Flawless victory! *after a couple thousand wipes lol

This is exactly what we did. Though we had two with Nighthawk just as a backup (they wouldn't BOTH shoot, only one would at any needed time) especially if we had to fight
the Echo

Impulsor

So quick Raid question:

On Oryx, when you stagger him and detonate the Ogre Orbs, what's the minimum detonation count to damage him? I know we detonated at least two, but it didn't seem to damage him.

You MUST
detonate all four, and run to the bubble and get there alive, a trick I noticed is that if Oryx sees the bubble bearer, he shoots him instead of any other player. Make the bubble bearer clear adds too once you stagger him, helped a bunch. Also, they gotta detonate at the same time or near the same time, I noticed that when spaced out, only the first ones to detonate hurt him, while the late ones did not.

This is exactly what we did. Though we had two with Nighthawk just as a backup (they wouldn't BOTH shoot, only one would at any needed time) especially if we had to fight
the Echo

Hunter master race. Its just that one of our Nighthawk hunters only had the year one version. But he was ace anyway.

Yeah, really in the end we just adapted to what we had, each team is going to add small variations to it.

For example:

We would only use three guys in the platforms instead of all four because I had enough platforms to get to the orb each and every time, the fourth guy would help with the ogres and minions as needed.

And as I said, we would run up to the platform after Oryx smashed his fist and gunsling the eff out of him, run back, detonate, keep on shooting.

Intense, I couldn't sleep well because of the adrenaline

Right, it is all about adaptation and teamwork. It's just what works for the team being it
sniping, golden gunning or whatever other method there is. I actually think it's fun that there are multiple methods rather than standing on a ledge firing Gjallarhorns. Personally, I like that this raid is very teamwork oriented, but I also can understand some frustration as many parts require almost perfect execution.

I understand the adrenaline rush though, did you get some good loot?

Bogeypop

Stupid Court of Oryx fragments. Can't seem to get 2 of the 4 you get from level 2 and I've had terrible luck finding Stolen Runes. I'm done with the ToM quest otherwise.

Was going to try asking again if anyone wanted to do CoO or at worst go look for people on LFG, but I'm pretty tired and going to call it a night. If you still want to do some CoO tomorrow let me know, I also still need two Fragments from T2.

Waldini

Has ... has Bungie actually removed some Exotics that were supposed to come with TTK? I'm looking at the armoy and there's a couple I haven't seen yet.

... also strange that there is no mention of the Sleeper Simulant yet.

Impulsor

Right, it is all about adaptation and teamwork. It's just what works for the team being it
sniping, golden gunning or whatever other method there is. I actually think it's fun that there are multiple methods rather than standing on a ledge firing Gjallarhorns. Personally, I like that this raid is very teamwork oriented, but I also can understand some frustration as many parts require almost perfect execution.

I understand the adrenaline rush though, did you get some good loot?

I got some awesome loot. I got the best experience I could ever possibly get with Destiny and DestinyGAF, I got the:

Scout Rifle from Oryx, Cloak from Daughters, Shards from Golgoroth, the asshole dropped something for everyone except me lol, but who cares, getting him again today or tomorrow. Missing first boss as I joined late, will get him today though.

Truly incredible. I'm gonna remember this for a veeery, veeery long time indeed.

Also the raid drops are terrible. First 2 loot drops on all 3 characters have been nothing but shards :(

The smart loot definitely works in two ways, first off to boost you to 290 for raiding and then to hold you back so you don't shoot past 300. I had my first armour drop last night 308 gloves which never budged my light level as my boots are 285

I need to try the Court to boost my levels I have a reciprocal, stolen and 2x Antiquated Runes which I presume is enough?

I got some awesome loot. I got the best experience I could ever possibly get with Destiny and DestinyGAF, I got the:

Scout Rifle from Oryx, Cloak from Daughters, Shards from Golgoroth, the asshole dropped something from everyone except me lol, but who cares, getting him again today or tomorrow. Missing first boss as I joined late, will get him today though.

Truly incredible. I'm gonna remember this for a veeery, veeery long time indeed.

Congrats that's some good loot! I was fortunate enough to do all raids blind and it's definitely the best experience in the game.
I got shards until Golgoroth. Golgoroth himself dropped a 307 chest piece, shards from the daughters. Oryx dropped the scout rifle and pulse rifle with Firefly for me, pretty much surprised about a pulse with Firefly. The double drop is probably because I had 25 shards in my inventory.

The smart loot definitely works in two ways, first off to boost you to 290 for raiding and then to hold you back so you don't shoot past 300. I had my first armour drop last night 308 gloves which never budged my light level as my boots are 285

I need to try the Court to boost my levels I have a reciprocal, stolen and 2x Antiquated Runes which I presume is enough?

You need to charge the stolen and antiquated runes. Basically, you need to do 3x reciprocal to charge one stole rune. To charge an antiquated rune you have to do 3 stolen runes.

Well, I made it through security with my ps4! They gave me a hard time first of all for not taking it out of my luggage. Then they gave a hard time because of the TAPE on the outside of the ps4 box. That's just a thin cardboard enclosure that surrounds the actual ps4 box, smh, and the tape just tapes the that together . 1 TSA agent didn't want to let it through but luckily another said it's fine. Its not like I'm flying from another country!

Anyways, happy week 1 yall. Out of 6 characters, 3 on each system, I was only able to play with 1 character and only made it to light 275. I haven't done CoO or raid, obviously. Very lackluster week for me but at least I got a start. The hype is pretty low for me since I feel behind and haven't experienced most especially the raid. But Week 2 is going down!! Can't wait to dive in fully.

Impulsor

Congrats that's some good loot! I was fortunate enough to do all raids blind and it's definitely the best experience in the game.
I got shards until Golgoroth. Golgoroth himself dropped a 307 chest piece, shards from the daughters. Oryx dropped the scout rifle and pulse rifle with Firefly for me, pretty much surprised about a pulse with Firefly. The double drop is probably because I had 25 shards in my inventory.

I'm light level 294, when I get the raid artifact I may rise up to 296 even, I need better boots and chest and I'll shoot up a bit. And better ghost shell.

But now it's different, I already beat the raid so now I'm gonna go at it with another mentality. Relaxed.

Acidote

Things to do tonight:

Entropy's Pinnacle mission
1xHeroic Strike (for the quest)
1xNightfall (weekly and subsequent quest)

CoO for the 300 artifact, I'm stuck al 289 light thanks to my l266 artifact. I have 5 of the lesser runes and one medium rune. How do I start the quest, completing one of the lesser runes?

So I need 3 reciprocal/stolen in my inventory or they charge on each completion

Ideally you want a full fireteam of 3, because you get the Summoner's Exhaustion debuff after putting a rune in, so you can't put the next one in for one turn. Then, another fireteam member will put the next rune in etc. but it will count for the quest and rune charge as long as you clear it iirc.

Raybunny

You need to charge the stolen and antiquated runes. Basically, you need to do 3x reciprocal to charge one stole rune. To charge an antiquated rune you have to do 3 stolen runes.

Good morning Bunneh gaffers!

Still need more data to analyse that 20+ shards mechanic. Today will be a good day for that with the reset. Maybe the 20 + shards will guarantee you at least 2 drops.

If I don't find a group for raid today I will be helping ppl with their fragments. I know the location of almost all of them so we could get 2 Fireteams ( using the loading door method) and get those.

Thanks Ruth for helping me on the last quest. That one is a
"bichy"

That emblem is really nice:
20150922095346.jpg

Ideally you want a full fireteam of 3, because you get the Summoner's Exhaustion debuff after putting a rune in, so you can't put the next one in for one turn. Then, another fireteam member will put the next rune in etc. but it will count for the quest and rune charge as long as you clear it iirc.

That is not right. The exhaustion will dissipate after a few seconds. I used + reciprocal runes in a raw a couple days ago. To test it out put a T3 rune, fail the event ( you won't loose the rune) and check the debuff timer.

Ambitious

Well, if the weekly reset doesn't trigger my ToM quest, I suppose I have no choice but to post on the Bungie Help Forum. Which will probably only lead to super helpful replies like "you need to collect 45 calcified fragments first!!"

Good morning Bunneh gaffers!

Still need more data to analyse that 20+ shards mechanic. Today will be a good day for that with the reset. Maybe the 20 + shards will guarantee you at least 2 drops.

If I don't find a group for raid today I will be helping ppl with their fragments. I know the location of almost all of them so we could get 2 Fireteams ( using the loading door method) and get those.

Thanks Ruth for helping me on the last quest. That one is a
"bichy"

I'll be farming hadium flakes and hunting fragments after, I think I have 23 of them.
Might also attempt an antiquated rune (still need to charge it) if there's enough people around.

//ARCANUM

Weird question here. I haven't played Destiny for probably 10 months, I loaded it up to see how it's different and noticed I have missions available from The Dark Below and from House of Wolves. I didn't buy these or the season pass or anything. I *am* game sharing with a friend so it's possible he purchased them and thus I have access? I don't see any way of telling if that's the case (he's asleep now or id just text him lol). When I go in to manage game, there's no download for the expansions or anything. So do I now own them because he does? (i do not have access to taken king content)

Rtas

so after 8 hours of a blind run, got to crotas daughters and stopped there. I have a stupid amount of shards, and one piece of 300 raid armor.

Marvel

could never
I would like to pick up where we left off with the
Daughters
but too early and stuff to do :( reset I should be good to go.

Top Bottom