• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT31| The Courted Oryx (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

Raybunny

Are some calcified fragments tied to Wormsinger Rune and the Skyburners Pass? I have them both and been waiting for my friends to pick up the slack and up their light.

Yes they are.

Using Wormsinger rune an event will start. Killing the named enemie should give you an uncharged worm piece. That piece charged with 50 kills in the "dregboat" will transform into a random named chest key. That first named chest you open will have the fragment you need.

The skyburners pass is a timed event chain that will give you a key for a locked chest. That one also will have the fragment you need.

Yes they are.

Using Wormsinger rune an event will start. Killing the named enemie should give you an uncharged worm piece. That piece charged with 50 kills in the "dregboat" will transform into a random named chest key. That first named chest you open will have the fragment you need.

The skyburners pass is a timed event chain that will give you a key for a locked chest. That one also will have the fragment you need.

i used one of those ruins and never managed to find the enemy. where does it spawn?

Yes they are.

The skyburners pass is a timed event chain that will give you a key for an locked chest. That one also will have the fragment you need.

Aah that's where I got it from. I randomly found a Key of Ut in the patrol spawn area.
Opened that chest and got that fragment.

Raybunny

i used one of those ruins and never managed to find the enemy. where does it spawn?

As you spawn on patrol there is on your right side a little cave. You can activate the rune there and the event will start outside. You will see a hive ship and that is your starting point.

ocean

Banned
That quest made me miss NLB sooo much.

One quest is truly crushing me is the sword one, my spirit dies collecting filaments
Dude Hadium is nothing. Wait for the Exotic steps so you learn the true meaning of bullshit grind.
Abandon WHAT? Whaa What? What is wronnnnng with youuuu? Ill Malice your french accent if you do.

Being serious now, as soon as you are available we can farm those relics together I got 1 each 5-7 mins. Got 3 already in a flash. For the void quest use the old armamentarium ( if titan) for double grenades and go to the Dark Beyond or Warsat and it will be done so fast.
Lol don't Malice my accent wait :p I'll join your party as soon as I get home, we'll work on stuff
Guys I got the vanilla Destiny preordered day 1. Got to level 8-9 and got really dissapointed and never touched it again. But seeing all these posts about new expansion and how great GAF players are even for dads with limited time to play reignited my interest again.

So what is the cheapest way of me getting back in business? I mean there are only 2 options digital and retail, but I'm pretty sure I got one of those year one expansions for free with preorder, but am not sure.

On the other hand I can buy the TTK disc for 550 SEK

So what do you guys think? PS4 btw
Cheapest way to get TTK:

1. If you already own both the previous expansions (which might be the case if you bought the Digital Guardian, Limited, or Ghost Edition at launch), you can buy TTK separately for US$40 directly from the PSN Store

2. If you do not have these expansions, you'd have to buy them individually before being able to buy TTK. This is expensive. A smarter route is just buying the Destiny: The Taken King Legendary Edition, available at retail and digital, for US$60.

Prices will be different in your country's store but this should give you some reference. Also, if you wind up buying the TTK LE, see if you can trade in your old Destiny copy for some credit.

deadduck

A titan with WoL made Oryx so much simpler, not essential but a breathing breathing space.

I don't think I'll keep the raid auto when I get the pulse, but helps on the light level for now.

What a great raid, (oryx ass) hats off to Luke (please don't make us wait another year for one).

Guys I got the vanilla Destiny preordered day 1. Got to level 8-9 and got really dissapointed and never touched it again. But seeing all these posts about new expansion and how great GAF players are even for dads with limited time to play reignited my interest again.

So what is the cheapest way of me getting back in business? I mean there are only 2 options digital and retail, but I'm pretty sure I got one of those year one expansions for free with preorder, but am not sure.

On the other hand I can buy the TTK disc for 550 SEK

So what do you guys think? PS4 btw
Check to confirm if you do have the dark below and house of wolves expansion packs. If so, it migh be cheaper buying a hard copy and just The Taken King. But depends on your area and etc. don't even know what SEK is frankly :p

Edit: ninja'ed by a better post of ocean :)

ocean

Banned
Enemies start spawning in the area that leads to the Cabal ship, where Hive and Cabal are usually shooting each other. I've had no luck with this though, the big guys never drops anything for me.

DjRalford

Friday will probably be late around 11pm ish or so.

Satruday anytime is fine and Sunday would be after 7pm as I will be at EGX Birmingham.

I can do Sunday, as I'm off to EGX for the weekend, I go back to work Monday night so I will be able to play from about 8pm UK time Sunday, after putting the kids to bed, until 2-3am Monday morning.

So the exotic quest converts the legendary sword into an exotic, correct? what benefits does it have when it is exotic that make it worth giving up an exotic slot for?

Ambitious

Anyone down for some Crucible? I need just one more win while being in a fireteam. I have several other Crucible quests as well (e.g. 20 Arc Grenade Kills), so I'm gonna play Control for a while.

gunawi

Me and a friend are looking to create a Raid group with some fellow GMT/European GAF bros.

Half the time its hard to join in the fun with most GAF bros due to time differences and being at work etc.

So far there is two of us (both over 290 - I am 295).

We would be looking to raid on Friday and/or on the weekend, basically what ever is suitable for everyone.

Anyone here interested?

I'm in EU too, so I'm down for weekend raid. Usually available around 9PM GMT.

bitsurugi

I am really glad for the change in the Nightfall. Now i don't need to be there asap, otherwise i miss out on people doing it and the rep boost. Love how i can do it anytime i want and not being in a super hurry. It does not feel like a ''must do first'' chore anymore.

nOoblet16

Yes that's what we did. Except for the part where the
"gazer" destroys the orb alone before taking the Boss attention. Like that the pit team will has a lot more uptime and ammo for the boss.

Hi Druv. Yesterday I got your invite but couldn't join since had already plans with 2 other players. I always answer party invites ( unless I am on a raid) so next time feel free to party chat invite me.

I weakened it everytime though, I didn't shoot it down because I wasn't sure how quick it could be.

ocean

Banned
So the exotic quest converts the legendary sword into an exotic, correct? what benefits does it have when it is exotic that make it worth giving up an exotic slot for?
I kind of hope you're given the Exotic as an extra and not "upgrading" your Legendary tbh. Malice/Sword needs to be a possible combo.
Anyone down for some Crucible? I need just one more win while being in a fireteam. I have several other Crucible quests as well (e.g. 20 Arc Grenade Kills), so I'm gonna play Control for a while.
Given we're 5 minutes from reset, most people who are on will probable be doing Raid/Weekly/NF, might be q but hard to get a Crucible train going now

nOoblet16

One extra move, like solar one has uppercut, Arc does a swipe that releases a wave of energy and void does some sort of slam. But that's about it.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Before I nightfall, I got like... 2 quests to check on lol

I want my fucking shotgun

and I want that fucking sword too - but Shaxx says some shit like
Be ready for a fight, guardian!
when he tells you to wait for the next arms day

i'm also sitting a forklift of legendary marks now but i refuse to let rahool simply fuck me over. i'll buy mats with legendaries first. srs

Ambitious

I kind of hope you're given the Exotic as an extra and not "upgrading" your Legendary tbh. Malice/Sword needs to be a possible combo.

Given we're 5 minutes from reset, most people who are on will probable be doing Raid/Weekly/NF, might be q but hard to get a Crucible train going now

Oh, I wasn't planning to start a train. I just need help with this one fireteam quest. But no problem, I'll do it later. NF, anyone?

ocean

Banned
Is there a website or something with the text on each quest? Not the description on your quest pane, I mean what the handler says above the "Accept" button.

I'm so used to this game being soulless that I never remember to read before accepting. This is the only game where this happens since I play tons of RPGs.

Kinda bummed I've missed several of Eris' lines during the Touch of Malice quest line.

DY_nasty

Is there a website or something with the text on each quest? Not the description on your quest pane, I mean what the handler says above the "Accept" button.

I'm so used to this game being soulless that I never remember to read before accepting. This is the only game where this happens since I play tons of RPGs.

Kinda bummed I've missed several of Eris' lines during the Touch of Malice quest line.
If Eris was as interesting now as she was during TDB, I wouldn't have been raiding out of spite.

DY_nasty

I got that Chaperone
banderas.png
banderas.png
banderas.png
bout to whip up some work

deoee

Is it possible the Boolean Gemini from Petra quest is bugged?

I did everything and waited 1 day - still no quest for me :(

Top Bottom