• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT31| The Courted Oryx (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

Ambitious

What the hell? They're character-based? Let me check my Hunter real quick.

edit: 1/50. Jesus fucking Christ. Alright. I've only focused on my Warlock so far. I haven't even unlocked Dreadnought Patrol for my Hunter. So there's only a limited set of fragments I need to check.

I checked all spots but two. Nothing yet.

Waldini

Queen only has 1,000 rep worth of bounties. At this rate it'll take me until next reset to get Boolean.

And that's if Rank 3 really does give it to me, which I'm not sure it will.

I'm not sure it will either. The quest is bugged.

With the 50/50/50 bounty you have to kill enemies in the Hall of Souls. Best way of doing that is by stepping into the Court of Oryx. By doing so (and killing a Witch in the process) you get a drop that auto-completes part 2 and 3 of the Quest.

Besides, I've seen people who are rank 2 who got the gun.

Antinash

DestinyGAF, need opinions: Suros Regime Year 2 or Hawkmoon Year 2. Have enough marks to buy one, but frozen with indecision. Suros was my go-to in Year 1, but I finally got Hawkmoon last week after a year of trying, but at it's Year 1 damage it was pretty much useless to me in PvE. Advice would be welcomed.

Jinjo

Sorry kurt my man, gotta do a couple a things first and eat before I can raid :(

We still on for 7pm right? I'll be on a bit earlier for quick NF/dailies/heroics for marks. Need a better primary or legendary sniper.

ONE ANTIQUATED RUNE from nightfall.

1 fucking rune.

We heard you like loot drops, so we have loot drops so you can have more loot drops in your loot drops.

DestinyGAF, need opinions: Suros Regime Year 2 or Hawkmoon Year 2. Have enough marks to buy one, but frozen with indecision. Suros was my go-to in Year 1, but I finally got Hawkmoon last week after a year of trying, but at it's Year 1 damage it was pretty much useless to me in PvE. Advice would be welcomed.

Howkmewn.

Was faced with the same decision and haven't regretted it for a single second.

recks

DarKshodaN

Suros Regime year 2, it's awesome

I've thought this is the case as well, once you get x amount of drops they stop. Part of a future quest requirement perhaps?

It's very good, and very fun to use. The damage on it feels like the pre-nerf shotguns.... maybe that's why they nerfed 'em in the first place... because of how insane the Chaperone would be if they hadn't

that make sense, and for the first time ever my two favorite guns are specials: Chaperone and Telesto

Mupod

So is it true that being 300 and up makes exotics drop as 310? I'm 297 right now - I might hold off on the nightfall until the end of the week as I will (hopefully) have cleared the raid by then, giving me a very good chance at being over 300.

Regardless, tonight I'm definitely going to focus on getting as far into the raid as I can. I should actually have lots time to play tonight.

Anyone doing Court of Oryx or Taken War: Mars?

I need to do the court of oryx but I'm at work. I'll send you a message later if I see you online.

light level stuff is turning me off to the game, tbh. not sure when i'll get to raid cuz of it.

Yeah, depending solely on RNG to get good stuff and raise LL to get raid ready is awful. At this pace I'll just get the trophies and bail from the game again. :(

That Chaperone quest sounds like it's for noobs. I prefer the more hardcore quests.

I'm not saying that because I'm bitter that I suck at pvp and will never get it or anything, just so you know.

Mupod

Just play the game, you'll always progress.

this is what I like about it. I can even help someone do a random story mission and possibly find an upgrade.

Of course, it slows to a crawl past 295. I did find an upgrade last night (295 handcannon I fed to Zhalo Supercell) running Court of Oryx, but that place is just nonstop engrams everywhere.

ocean

Banned
Leveling up to access new content isn't something new and it's a good thing. It's not a watered down system like HoW's insta max but in a week if play you should be able to bring a character up if you do the quests.

1. Ikora quest line pays out a 300 Special Wrapon
2. Eris Court of Oryx quest pays a 300 Artifact
3. You can use Marks for a 280 Ghost at the Vanguard
4. Xur will sell 280 Light pieces for everyone, as well as Engrams which randomly decrypt at a guaranteed 290 Light - these are fantastic for infusing your Legendary gear

There's no rush to Raid. It will be run many times a week, by many groups, every week for the foreseeable future. Just take it easy and play at your own pace.

LiK

Leveling up to access new content isn't something new and it's a good thing. It's not a watered down system like HoW's insta max but in a week if play you should be able to bring a character up if you do the quests.

4. Xur will sell 280 Light pieces for everyone, as well as Engrams which randomly decrypt at a guaranteed 290 Light - these are fantastic for infusing your Legendary gear

There's no rush to Raid. It will be run many times a week, by many groups, every week for the foreseeable future. Just take it easy and play at your own pace.

you wanna help me through all those quest lines?

level1

Wait, which ikora quest line would that be?

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
that's the vanguard strike questline with ikora

being 100% honest, if that's how you feel take a break lol

ppl in the thread are always down to help (you may have to ask more than once because of how busy it is though)

Ocean, that Xur line is wrong. Even if you are 290 light, his engrams can still decrypt into 265s... It's BS.

shem935

Banned
Hey macello I need to head to work. I was just seeing how much of a pain nightfall was going to be real quick. Sorry for abandoning you.

after going through the grind for Lord Shaxx through the Faction playlists then 5 Eliminations games... he gives me a light lvl 68 Auto Rifle then sends me to the Crucible Quartermaster

oh, maybe he has a reward for me? lets talk to the Crucible Quartermaster, shall we?

get to him, he has more damn Quests to do....gawd

the Crucible Quest is the worst because it gives you double digit light level guns

LiK

What a vague request hahah. Is there a specific quest you need help with?

Ikora and Eris just to get the gear. I wanted to play Raid while it was still new and unknown but it looks like a lot of guys here already completed it so I'll just be that noob that GAF will end up carrying. it was the main reason I wanted to Raid asap.

LiK

that's the vanguard strike questline with ikora

being 100% honest, if that's how you feel take a break lol

ppl in the thread are always down to help (you may have to ask more than once because of how busy it is though)

I'm already overwhelmed by all the new content. if I took a break, it would be worse!

ocean

Banned
I actually have a Warlock I haven't done anything on! I've been dreading doing all the quests again but I'd be super willing to do them if I had someone to play it with. Just hit me up with the times you usually play and we can work something out. If there's something that gives us a hard time I can pop out and get my high level Hunter/Titan :)

Or if you're further along, I did the main story campaign on my Titan but haven't done any Taken War or Eris quests on him (just the CoO one for the Artifact)
Wait, which ikora quest line would that be?
Uhh don't know the name. I know it starts asking you to do a mission in the VoG and ends asking you to do 5 Heroic Strikes + 1 NF.
Ocean, that Xur line is wrong. Even if you are 290 light, his engrams can still decrypt into 265s... It's BS.
Wait are we talking about the same thing? Not the Legendary Engrams you buy from the Cryptarch. I mean the Exotic Engrams Xur sells - it was Helms this past weekend. I decrypted a ton - like 20 - and they were all 290. It is my understanding that 290 is the base for these engrams, but they have a good chance of being 310 of your Light level is 300+. I've yet to see *any* Exotics at random Light - they're either Y1 at 170, Y2 at 280 (from kiosks or the one Xur sells directly), 290/310 from an Engram, or a weird but necessarily higher than 280 value from infusions.

after going through the grind for Lord Shaxx through the Faction playlists then 5 Eliminations games... he gives me a light lvl 68 Auto Rifle then sends me to the Crucible Quartermaster

oh, maybe he has a reward for me? lets talk to the Crucible Quartermaster, shall we?

get to him, he has more damn Quests to do....gawd

the Crucible Quest is the worst because it gives you double digit light level guns

The quest lines seem designed to give you items commensurate with the level Bungie expects you to be at when you play them.

I didn't do that crucible quest line (yet) but I will. I am at light level 300 now, and I fully expect to get nothing of value in the way of gear. It was designed to be a fairly entry level quest line.

But at least it will unlock the weekly crucible bounties which is the only reason I want to do it at all.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Ikora and Eris just to get the gear. I wanted to play Raid while it was still new and unknown but it looks like a lot of guys here already completed it so I'll just be that noob that GAF will end up carrying. it was the main reason I wanted to Raid asap.

Its been one week. Anyone that's completed the raid is the hardcore of the hardcore. That vast majority of the players in Destiny haven't even attempted a raid - let alone Kings Fall in week one.

Its not realistic to keep pace with some of these guys.

Man The Chaperone is dope as hell. Only pve so far but this thing is nice. A tad more range would be good but it handles like butter. Maybe my favorite special already

Queen's Wrath rank 3 achieved!

o6U03vU.jpg

lt519

One more for a blind raid 6PM EST, PS4. We're experienced Destiny raiders and just need one more soul that is ready and hasn't done it before. PM me or send a PSN rarbusto

LiK

I actually have a Warlock I haven't done anything on! I've been dreading doing all the quests again but I'd be super willing to do them if I had someone to play it with. Just hit me up with the times you usually play and we can work something out. If there's something that gives us a hard time I can pop out and get my high level Hunter/Titan :)

alright, I have you on my list already so i'll ask if I see you on. I haven't been able to do Heroic Strikes because I'm only 226 light atm with certain gear. might actually need to grind with alts just for Legendary Marks.

Its been one week. Anyone that's completed the raid is the hardcore of the hardcore. That vast majority of the players in Destiny haven't even attempted a raid - let alone Kings Fall in week one.

Its not realistic to keep pace with some of these guys.

already missed out with my main raid crew. :(

Top Bottom