• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT31| The Courted Oryx (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

lt519

I'm already overwhelmed by all the new content. if I took a break, it would be worse!

You don't have to feel overwhelmed, just play the content you think is most fun and you will progress in a meaningful way. You'll knock out most quests without grinding by just enjoying yourself.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Man The Chaperone is dope as hell. Only pve so far but this thing is nice. A tad more range would be good but it handles like butter. Maybe my favorite special already

It really is the most fun I've had with weapon since The Last Word. Maybe even more fun tbh.

Its bugged still (perk procs for all weapons equipped, not just chaperone lol), obviously, but it rewards you for gunplay better than any other weapon in the game really.

I've been using it with those solardoublekillprovidesagilityboost boots and omg i've never been this fast in destiny. i can see everything

I thought the Nightfall was random? It's not though? Just like old times but the game just doesn't bother telling you what it is until you jump into it?

LiK

You don't have to feel overwhelmed, just play the content you think is most fun and you will progress in a meaningful way. You'll knock out most quests without grinding by just enjoying yourself.

I know, but I'm not enjoying the quests so far. i'll probably end up just forcing Nami to help me through all of them lol

I actually have a Warlock I haven't done anything on! I've been dreading doing all the quests again but I'd be super willing to do them if I had someone to play it with. Just hit me up with the times you usually play and we can work something out. If there's something that gives us a hard time I can pop out and get my high level Hunter/Titan :)

Or if you're further along, I did the main story campaign on my Titan but haven't done any Taken War or Eris quests on him (just the CoO one for the Artifact)

Uhh don't know the name. I know it starts asking you to do a mission in the VoG and ends asking you to do 5 Heroic Strikes + 1 NF.

Wait are we talking about the same thing? Not the Legendary Engrams you buy from the Cryptarch. I mean the Exotic Engrams Xur sells - it was Helms this past weekend. I decrypted a ton - like 20 - and they were all 290. It is my understanding that 290 is the base for these engrams, but they have a good chance of being 310 of your Light level is 300+. I've yet to see *any* Exotics at random Light - they're either Y1 at 170, Y2 at 280 (from kiosks or the one Xur sells directly), 290/310 from an Engram, or a weird but necessarily higher than 280 value from infusions.

Yeah, sorry. Brain fart. I meant Rahool.

Has anyone had Dunemarchers drop or are they a quest reward? I haven't seen any gameplay with them and haven't seen anyone with them in the wild. I need this exotic.

MrS

Banned
We still on for 7pm right? I'll be on a bit earlier for quick NF/dailies/heroics for marks. Need a better primary or legendary sniper.
I need your help later with this fucking Cosmodrome Champions BS. I need to kill the Taken at Rocketyard. I tried to do it last night but Guardians weren't visiting to Rocketyard to help out. So annoying

Waldini

Queen's Wrath rank 3 achieved!

have you completed both Petra and Variks questlines? Dropped for me when i cleared the Variks questline.

At the moment this Quest appears to be bugged. Several XBL friends are rank 2 (some are 3). Some received it on Rank 2 when completing the Quest, some didn't. I, for one, didn't. I'm 1800 XP away from Rank 3. At this rate, I'll probally have it sometime next year.

At the moment this Quest appears to be bugged. Several XBL friends are rank 2 (some are 3). Some received it on Rank 2 when completing the Quest, some didn't. I, for one, didn't. I'm 1800 XP away from Rank 3. At this rate, I'll probally have it sometime next year.

I'm Petra level 7, probably 6 when Taken King arrived, didn't even think that would matter. Just cleared BOTH storylines in Reef and got the gun.

ocean

Banned
alright, I have you on my list already so i'll ask if I see you on. I haven't been able to do Heroic Strikes because I'm only 226 light atm with certain gear. might actually need to grind with alts just for Legendary Marks.

already missed out with my main raid crew. :(
Sure man whenever. Btw why didn't you buy anything from Xur last weekend? Just inspected you (DestinyStatus can be creepy sorry) and you don't seem to have any Y2 Exotics equipped! That was a great chance for some 280/290 gear to bump your level and increase the quality of your subsequent Blues. Don't miss out this weekend :)

In the meantime I'd say the best time investment you could do is to team up with a friend or two for Court of Oryx. Once you've successfully cleared one Court event (you don't even need to start it, you can join a random's or whatever) Eris have a quest for you.

It's a tricky quest because ideally you'll want more people than you can bring on your Fireteam so you either need to get lucky in finding a very well populated instance, or to find at least 1 random willing to join you party chat so your other friends can join on him. We were doing this for like an hour last night. We had 8 people thanks to some randoms bringing GAFers in.

Doing CoO is probably the fastest way to accumulate a bunch of Blue engrams. It's crazy how many you get of you spend a whole doing it. And if you do the quest (6 Tier 1, 3 Tier 2, 1 Tier 3 - the entire process takes like 30-40 minutes with a good team) you'll come out of it bursting in engrams and have a 300 Artifact waiting for you at the tower.

Plus, CoO with a bunch of people = some of the most fun I've had in Destiny.

The quest lines seem designed to give you items commensurate with the level Bungie expects you to be at when you play them.

I didn't do that crucible quest line (yet) but I will. I am at light level 300 now, and I fully expect to get nothing of value in the way of gear. It was designed to be a fairly entry level quest line.

But at least it will unlock the weekly crucible bounties which is the only reason I want to do it at all.
i am 288 on my main... he gives me a 68 weapon

StUnNeR H2K

Finished the raid last night, and it's at the moment IMO the best thus far. Just hope that in two - three weeks nobody finds any cheese and the difficulty/challenge remains.

SpecX

YES! finally hit 290! Didn't realize my heavy weapon was holding me back and finally got something better to drop. Not my ideal setup but at least I'm there.

can you guys explain Coo more?

i find the explanations and different runes to be confusing.

i did join in on events with randoms out if the blue by running into this are and jumping in the fight.

is that okay even if dont use rune or have no idea what Eris is talking about?

Jinjo

I need your help later with this fucking Cosmodrome Champions BS. I need to kill the Taken at Rocketyard. I tried to do it last night but Guardians weren't visiting to Rocketyard to help out. So annoying

I'll be on 5pm GMT onwards 'till raid time to run NF, dailies, heroics and help you out my friend.

war priest is such a good fight. the mechanics are brilliant.

Now the initial shock of its over, they're all very good, my only complaint
as a warlock :d is to much jumping, the segments are far to long and have little purpose beyond extending raid time, imo

Morning DGAF.

Got my Chaperone when I jumped on today. It seems cool. I will need more time with. Maybe I will bring it in when I finish those PVP quests for Shaxx...lol

I did the NF and got the exotic warlock gloves Xur was selling last Friday :/

rainy_day

I am almost to 280 light on my warlock.
Haven't touched my hunter yet (still at 34)

Got a friend to buy destiny for the first time so i get to start my third character!
Excited to try Titan!

So much to do!

Also CoO is a new addiction.

E92 M3

Hey guys, you know what's funny in an ironic way: Boots are holding me back from being above 300 on my warlock. I've had 286 boots since Wednesday and RNG won't give me anything better.

noomi

Any tips for the Warsat part of the nightfall? I'm trying to 2-man it without a Titan bubble.

2 man will be hard... but have one person stay on the warsat and the other one behind cover, you don't need to both be on it.

Hey guys, you know what's funny in an ironic way: Boots are holding me back from being above 300 on my warlock. I've had 286 boots since Wednesday and RNG won't give me anything better.

I just need a ghost shell, been rocking a 274 for a while now...

Top Bottom