• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT31| The Courted Oryx (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

ocean

Banned
can you guys explain Coo more?

i find the explanations and different runes to be confusing.

i did join in on events with randoms out if the blue by running into this are and jumping in the fight.

is that okay even if dont use rune or have no idea what Eris is talking about?
There are 3 "Tiers" of runes, with difficulty and payoff scaling accordingly.

Eris is asking you to do 6 Tier 1 (Reciprocal Rune), 3 Tier 2 (Stolen Rune) and 1 Tier 3 (Antiquated Rune).

Reciprocal Runes you should have plenty of. They drop from numerous chests in the Dreadnaught, Eris sometimes gives 'em to you, and sometimes you don't even know where you got them. These are simple events which you can easily do with an extra person or two with you at the Court.

Stolen Runes are a little rare. You can buy them from Eris at Rank 5, or get super lucky with one dropping from a Tier 1 chest. They're slightly harder than Tier 1, but shouldn't be a problem for a good 3 man team.

Tier 3 is a different beast. They are rare (unless you Raid on multiple characters - Raid chests drop these like candy). Some will drop "charged" (ready to use), while others require you to complete 3 Stolen Runes to charge up. These are intended to be done in a populated instance with 5-8 people. It can be 3 manned but it's really tricky.

Everyone who plays these things gets engrams from enemies, XP, Eris rep, Public Event clears for Grimoire, and random drops like Wormspore.

Only the player who actually used his Rune to begin the event gets the chest loot though. It's a few blues for a Tier 1. A bunch of blues and ammo or Wormspore or runes for a Tier 2. A Tier 3 gives you a really good chance at a Legendary Engram or a ton of blues and random assorted crap.

But for the Eris quest, there's no requirement that you use runes yourself! If you need a Tier 3, a friend of yours can use his Antiquated Rune and if you're around to help it'll cross it off your to-do list.

Once you've done the 6 1s, the 3 2s and the 3 Eris will give you a 300 Artifact. And along the way to doing all those you'll have racked up a whole bunch of engrams :)

X-Frame

How does the Agonarch Rune actually progress? Do I specifically need to kill the 7 individual named enemies to fill it?

For example in at 4/7 and I believe I did last Tues, Wed, Saturday and today.

Does this mean I will need to kill the specific enemies I missed or can I re-kill the same ones if they come up again and charge it?

Ambitious

CPgl5qNUsAAD8PC.jpg:large

I can't decide. How useful is the Susanoo's transfusion perk in practice?

LiK

Sure man whenever. Btw why didn't you buy anything from Xur last weekend? Just inspected you (DestinyStatus can be creepy sorry) and you don't seem to have any Y2 Exotics equipped! That was a great chance for some 280/290 gear to bump your level and increase the quality of your subsequent Blues. Don't miss out this weekend :)

all I have is the Taikonaut helm from the engram he sold... :\

I don't have any coins left to buy anything next weekend.

LunaticPuma

dresses business casual
Other than the 3oC, has anyone seen an exotic engram in the wild?

It's be really nice if they happened naturally on rare occasions.

Ramirez

I also managed to Nighthawk the CoO tier 3 Wizard last night while I had the damage buff active, plus a melt was applied. Killed her from like 60% health, lol. Night stalker is great, but I still think Gunslinger will always be my favorite class in PVE and PVP.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I finished the 25 guardian kills last night for sword quest. That did not go as smoothly as I would have liked.

Other than the 3oC, has anyone seen an exotic engram in the wild?

It's be really nice if they happened naturally on rare occasions.

Someone posted a video of one dropping before Xur came around last week but I'm not sure what the deal was with that.

noomi

How does the Agonarch Rune actually progress? Do I specifically need to kill the 7 individual named enemies to fill it?

Does this mean I will need to kill the specific enemies I missed or can I re-kill the same ones if they come up again and charge it?

You need to kill one taken target each day.

When you load into the Dradnaught. right where you spawn, the area to the right... keep killing mobs until you see taken show up, kill a bunch of the the taken enemies, and eventually a yellow bar names enemy will show up. That's the one you need to kill.

There is also another area at the Mausoleum that will spawn taken targets.

You can do this on each one of your characters, so you can get 3 a day.

I actually plan to finish the old quests from vanilla destiny and TDB just to get them out of my abandoned quests kiosk. At some point tho. Not right now.

ocean

Banned

You only get 1 charge a day unless you:

1. Transfer via Vault to another character for an extra charge or two if you have two alts
Or
2. Join someone who is doing the Agonarch challenge. The yellow bar named enemies in that encounter will charge yours up even if you hit the one a day cap.

I did it with Ruthless and Ray yesterday. Theirs were at 4/6 I think and mine was full. By the time we finished the event they both had theirs fully charged and were able to open the rewards chest with me.

I am almost to 280 light on my warlock.
Haven't touched my hunter yet (still at 34)

Got a friend to buy destiny for the first time so i get to start my third character!
Excited to try Titan!

So much to do!

Also CoO is a new addiction.

haha nice, my friend actually just bought destiny as well. Gonna power level him and do the new story missions and quest with him on my warlock. Atleast getting my third character to the new cap wont be as bad. :)

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
I also managed to Nighthawk the CoO tier 3 Wizard last night while I had the damage buff active, plus a melt was applied. Killed her from like 60% health, lol. Night stalker is great, but I still think Gunslinger will always be my favorite class in PVE and PVP.

I do like all that the Nighstalker can do but I'm gradually coming back to Gunslinger too. If anything, with all the new classes its easier to main Gunslinger than ever.

Finally got myself a Touch of Malice!

Oh dayum!

I wss reading about what it takes to get it. You guys are crazy

Im just having a blast taking my time with the new shit.

I havent even unlocked the new patrol. Too busy killing champs on the old ones lol. Taken King is soooo good

Phear

So Three of Coins did nothing for me yet. Used 9 (one by one always before an Ultra-Kill) and didnt get a single exotic drop....

wanna help me through some EASY quests tonight? they're very easy so you should have no trouble.

If you promise to use a mic and swear more than Fig I can help you. We can do court of oryx.

So Three of Coins did nothing for me yet. Used 9 (one by one always before an Ultra-Kill) and didnt get a single exotic drop....

It's RNG so...

Either way, I used 20 coins and got 4 exotics. That's 1 in every 5. Unless bungie did stealth patch this, I'd say the odds are ok.

Namikaze1

My Warlock would be raid ready if it wasn't for this shitty 200 Artfifact holding me back. Aside from the ghost (277) everything else is 280+.

Fake edit: oops forgot I had a 285 ghost in the vault.

ocean

Banned
BTW Tier 3 changed this week, no longer will we fight Ogre XL. Now it's Mini Crota. Also gives a new Calcified Fragment, so we can have 46/50.

Or failing that, if you're shooting for Touch of Malice getting this one means you can leave 1 that you find annoying or can't get for a later time and still have the requisite 45 for the weapon :)

noomi

BTW Tier 3 changed this week, no longer will we fight Ogre XL. Now it's Mini Crota. Also gives a new Calcified Fragment, so we can have 46/50.

Or failing that, if you're shooting for Touch of Malice getting this one means you can leave 1 that you find annoying or can't get for a later time and still have the requisite 45 for the weapon :)

Oh snap! For reals? Might as well pick this one up then, thanks for the heads up Jav.

No, just random Ultras i came across through normal play.

I think it has to be a boss, try Scourge of Winter. Get to Draxis at the end.

Tovarisc

I hate it so much how shitty game is with filling up area instances within Dreadnaught. Getting randoms with you to CoO is such pain.

ocean

Banned
My Warlock would be raid ready if it wasn't for this shitty 200 Artfifact holding me back. Aside from the ghost (277) everything else is 280+.

Fake edit: oops forgot I had a 285 ghost in the vault.
This was exactly me on my Titan last night. Teamed up with Nooblet, Ruthless, Ji66a and some helpful randoms and did a CoO, went to Tower to grab quest, came back to CoO, did 6 Tier 1s, the 3 Tier 2s and the Tier 3, went from a 200 Artifact to a 300 and became Raid ready on alt :)

It goes by surprisingly quick if you can get randoms to invite more people to the instance.

X-Frame

You need to kill one taken target each day.

When you load into the Dradnaught. right where you spawn, the area to the right... keep killing mobs until you see taken show up, kill a bunch of the the taken enemies, and eventually a yellow bar names enemy will show up. That's the one you need to kill.

There is also another area at the Mausoleum that will spawn taken targets.

You can do this on each one of your characters, so you can get 3 a day.

You only get 1 charge a day unless you:

1. Transfer via Vault to another character for an extra charge or two if you have two alts
Or
2. Join someone who is doing the Agonarch challenge. The yellow bar named enemies in that encounter will charge yours up even if you hit the one a day cap.

I did it with Ruthless and Ray yesterday. Theirs were at 4/6 I think and mine was full. By the time we finished the event they both had theirs fully charged and were able to open the rewards chest with me.

Thanks, yeah I know how to spawn the mini-event, I am just curious if charging the rune is dependent upon specific named enemies?

Meaning, if I already killed enemy A, B, E, and F -- can I re-kill those enemies again in the same rune or do I need to kill C, D and G?

PuMa

I haven't used all that many so far, maybe 35. My longest dry streak was 10. Very crappy. I think it averaged out to about 1 every 5 or 6 though.

Namikaze1

This was exactly me on my Titan last night. Teamed up with Nooblet, Ruthless, Ji66a and some helpful randoms and did a CoO, went to Tower to grab quest, came back to CoO, did 6 Tier 1s, the 3 Tier 2s and the Tier 3, went from a 200 Artifact to a 300 and became Raid ready on alt :)

It goes by surprisingly quick if you can get randoms to invite more people to the instance.
I need to do the story first on her. -__-

Got lucky with my Hunter. She ended up getting a legendary artifact through an engram.I just fed hers my Titan's useless high leveled artifacts to get her raid ready.

Top Bottom