• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT31| The Courted Oryx (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

ocean

Banned
Thanks, yeah I know how to spawn the mini-event, I am just curious if charging the rune is dependent upon specific named enemies?

Meaning, if I already killed enemy A, B, E, and F -- can I re-kill those enemies again in the same rune or do I need to kill C, D and G?
You can charge it with anyone, it can be repeats

noomi

Thanks, yeah I know how to spawn the mini-event, I am just curious if charging the rune is dependent upon specific named enemies?

Meaning, if I already killed enemy A, B, E, and F -- can I re-kill those enemies again in the same rune or do I need to kill C, D and G?

I don't think it matters as long as you kill one each day.

Jinjo

BTW Tier 3 changed this week, no longer will we fight Ogre XL. Now it's Mini Crota. Also gives a new Calcified Fragment, so we can have 46/50.

Or failing that, if you're shooting for Touch of Malice getting this one means you can leave 1 that you find annoying or can't get for a later time and still have the requisite 45 for the weapon :)

You only get a fragment if you actually used the rune right? Still don't have a tier-3 rune. :(

ocean

Banned
I need to do the story first on her. -__-

Got lucky with my Hunter. She ended up getting a legendary artifact through an engram.I just fed hers my Titan's useless high leveled artifacts to get her raid ready.
I feel ya. The guys were willing to do it all over again for my Warlock to get it too. I loaded on them, did a CoO, went back to Tower and....no quest. I haven't even unlocked Dreadnaught Patrol so I couldn't get that quest :=

LiK

if you want Grimoire, play CoO. I was just hanging out during the higher difficulties and couldn't do shit but got them anyway when other people killed those bosses.

Dave_6

Huge thanks to DJRuthless, Kadey, Dave, and T-44 for helping with the Court of Oryx quest and the nightfall. Those two activities put me in range.

R U I N W O N G S B O Y Z
hPZwj6n.jpg

Glad I could help LT! The NF got a little rough in parts but all these new strikes are tough and absolutely require team work. Love them so far! Sorry I missed your CoO request :( I never logged on here last night once I turned Destiny on.

ocean

Banned
You only get a fragment if you actually used the rune right? Still don't have a tier-3 rune. :(
Yeah you need to be the one who uses it for the Fragment. To get last week's you'll need to wait until that specific Tier 3 encounter comes back to the rotation in a few weeks.

As for where to get them: Raid chests (like candy), Touch of Malice quest (step where you give Eris 50 Hadium Flakes), reward from Agonarch chest challenge thing...

E92 M3

I'm on the same boat. 294 everywhere. 290 artifact. 286 boots. :/

RNG will never stop being cruel.

2 man will be hard... but have one person stay on the warsat and the other one behind cover, you don't need to both be on it.

I just need a ghost shell, been rocking a 274 for a while now...

I found that CoO to be the best place to get a ghost. Would be nice if I got that raid ghost, though >.>

ocean

Banned
if you want Grimoire, play CoO. I was just hanging out during the higher difficulties and couldn't do shit but got them anyway when other people killed those bosses.
I had given up on the Public Events Rank 3 Grimoire but CoO counts as a PE... it will happen :)

Ambitious

1. Defeat opposing Guardians in the Crucible with Thunderstrike.
  2. Return to Ikora Rey in the Hall of Guardians.
  3. Defeat opposing Guardians with Arc Grenades in the Crucible.
  4. Return to Ikora Rey in the Hall of Guardians.
  5. In the Crucible, defeat multiple Guardians at same time with Stormtrance.
  6. Return to Ikora Rey in the Hall of Guardians.

Jesus Christ, they really couldn't have designed those subclass any dumber. How about allowing me to do all steps at once so I can complete the quest in a natural way by simply playing? I mean, what is this? First I need to do Melee kills, then Grenade kills, then Super kills? How stupid is that?

Trickster

Only took 3 pvp games to get my 25 sword kills. But goddamn was those 3 games the worst fucking time I've had yet in TTK.

Don't make shit quests like this Bungie, please.

Jesus Christ, they really couldn't have designed those subclass any dumber. How about allowing me to do all steps at once so I can complete the quest in a natural way by simply playing? I mean, what is this? First I need to do Melee kills, then Grenade kills, then Super kills? How stupid is that?

I did the Void ones for my Warlock. Between this, Shaxx, 3 toons, and ALL the PVE content...I just don't see myself finishing the PVP stuff anytime soon.

Skele7on

Banned
to the randoms sitting by court of oryx last night shooting one thrall for public events.

YOU'RE THE WORST.

IGN gave a negative point for raids not having matchmaking.

Insert well there it is gif here.

ocean

Banned
Only took 3 pvp games to get my 25 sword kills. But goddamn was those 3 games the worst fucking time I've had yet in TTK.

Don't make shit quests like this Bungie, please.
I had a blast killing fools with my sword's holy. No-ammo sword kills on Crucible are my new favorite sport.

But wait till you see the garbage they put together for the next step.

noomi

I found that CoO to be the best place to get a ghost. Would be nice if I got that raid ghost, though >.>

I was trying, but I cannot get a ghost higher than 265 to drop for me :(

Hoping Kings Fall drops a ghost shell for me tonight, would put me to 300 light level.

Next step on Voidmaster quest... 30 multikills with Novabomb. :/ This is gonna take forever. I guess control is my best bet here.

Does it have to be crucible? What about "WEVE WOKEN THE HIVE"

Namikaze1

I had a blast killing fools with my sword's holy. No-ammo sword kills on Crucible are my new favorite sport.

But wait till you see the garbage they put together for the next step.
Next step is fun (Epic Sword Fight step). It's the step after that's not fun.

Ah! It's the same thing for voidmaster and I assume sunsinger's one too. :/

Edit: Crucible only noomi. :(

Strider

Those of you in the group send me a Friend request at Tstrider if I dont have you yet and I'll set up the party chat in a couple minutes.

Waldini

Heh ... He heh ehehehe ... wtf did I just read?
http://kotaku.com/something-s-weird-with-destiny-s-exotic-loot-drops-1732124461

"In direct response to feedback from the first year of Destiny from players who wanted more direct paths to acquiring exotic items, we chose to move many Year Two exotics out of the engram pool to allow players to identify and earn their preferred gear via quests and world drops. That means there is a select lineup of exotic gear available through engrams, and through Xur, which can repeat if players are gathering dozens of exotic engrams using Three of Coins. Throughout the year, we’ll be adding more exotic gear for players to collect, as well, and we’ll be monitoring feedback to determine the right balance between random rolls and direct paths to Year Two gear."

No wonder people get a shit-ton of the same Exotic. Hell, I doubt Sleeper Simulant is even in the game at the moment.

neoism

would someone please tell me what the fuck just happened...?

i was playing pvp and decided to get my last word out of the vault with the app... it did show up and now its not in my vault or in my primary slot...

what the fuck...

So for this new fragment from the tier 3,do you need to present the fragment or can someone? If you need to, best way to get an antiquated ruin? Feel stupid for using multiple last night.

Top Bottom