• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT31| The Courted Oryx (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

Tecnniqe

Banned
3 manning it is nightmare, we tried with Liquids and Jiza. Also CoO is empty every time we try to load into instance :(

Between the ads, crazy knight and needing to take scrotas shield all down at once and have the swordbear ready to hit instantly as the shield goes down to finish within the time limit it sure is.

Skele7on

Banned

jaaz

Other than the 3oC, has anyone seen an exotic engram in the wild?

It's be really nice if they happened naturally on rare occasions.

I saw two drop off of WarPriest. My friend had a 3oC activated, so I assume one drop was from the coin and the other was the regular drop.

Baliis

Was able to do the raid up past the second boss and had a crazy kill for it. Super sloppy attempt, but the last one for the night and
He went into enrage, blinded everyone, taken thralls everywhere, everyone just spraying and praying basically and he went down. Oh man the shouts when the grimoire card popped up for him.

Ambitious

Between the ads, crazy knight and needing to take scrotas shield all down at once and have the swordbear ready to hit instantly as the shield goes down to finish within the time limit it sure is.

I've watched a bunch of randoms while patrolling and noticed a named Ultra knight. Does this mean you have to use his sword (like in Crota's End) instead of your own?

Trickster

I had a blast killing fools with my sword's holy. No-ammo sword kills on Crucible are my new favorite sport.

But wait till you see the garbage they put together for the next step.

Probably doesn't help that I intensely dislike Destiny pvp. It's like 50 flavours of bullshit, truly some awful stuff.

Oh my god, how come these people don't get it. I've killed the knight. I've gotten Crota Jr. on his knees. I've slammed him with the sword. They see him getting damaged.

"We're just gonna shoot him with primaries, save our rockets for the important stuff."

Jesus christ, people are stupid.

nbraun80

Been having fun again so far, TTK sucked me back in. Haven't played in about a year currently a 281 warlock, would like to get some new people on my friend list since most have don't play anymore. On X1: nbraun80, anyone add me. usually play at nights into the early AM.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Chaperone kinda became my favorite weapon in the game.

The damage isn't even that good. Its just so much fun to use.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
probably like 150-200 max. I haven't gone and seen it yet, but gear you get will probably be very useless unless you're going for pure fun.

Thanks. I'm level 33 and light 155, this is my first run through the game though. I'd like to do all the raids eventually just for completion sake. If there's anyone willing to carry me through let me know.

Is there a way to find out which fragments you're missing in which character? Stupid me found two on my alt but not my main so I can't go off grimoire anymore.

Skele7on

Banned
Thanks. I'm level 33 and light 155, this is my first run through the game though. I'd like to do all the raids eventually just for completion sake. If there's anyone willing to carry me through let me know.

then that's cool, when you're ready I'm sure some of us will take you.

It's the second best raid out at the moment.

Should be 30x5 = 150 Recommended Light for VoG hard mode.

I thought it'd be something along those lines, I was just being extra cautious.

Waldini

It's been a week and still a hell of a lot of stuff not found grinded yet just chill.

With duplicate engrams, meh stop farming Exotic engrams if you want to remain disappointment free, simples.

There's a shit-ton of people playing this game and most of them report getting alot of duplicate Exotics. I REALLY doubt that all of them are ingame though ;)

That's what I deduced from taking a look at the armoury after decrypting so many exotic engrams: some of them probably aren't in the loot tables yet.

I'm all for Exotics being put behind Quests. Some of them are really tedious though. Kill that, return to ... kill that ... return to. Why not kill EVERYTHING and THEN return? XD At this point I've got the feeling alot of Exotics wont even get put in the loot table for TTK but a DLC after that.

Baliis

quick question: during CoO, some bosses have white shields, what breaks them?

Depends on the boss. The double knights have to be pulled close, the Ogre you have to hit with a cursdd thrall, the centurian you have to kill all his minions

DY_nasty

The conditions/mechanics of that particular fight. Certain bosses will only be vulnerable after certain things happen. The two knights for example - their shields will only drop when they're lose to one another.

Skele7on

Banned

LOL protip their is a hint where your ammo is.

it'll be either kill all adds
kill cursed thrall near them
or if two knights get them together.

There's a shit-ton of people playing this game and most of them report getting alot of duplicate Exotics. I REALLY doubt that all of them are ingame though ;)

quests man it'll be behind one, also some guns are super classified....

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
then that's cool, when you're ready I'm sure some of us will take you.

It's the second best raid out at the moment.

I thought it'd be something along those lines, I was just being extra cautious.

I've got a full day off today which is rare so if anyone is around today I'm all for it.

DY_nasty

Chaperoners: what mode(s) did you play to complete TLW portion?

Rift and Control. With objective based maps, you can kinda predict where people are and where they won't be looking a bit easier... TLW is pretty much a gamble in any fight within its range now. You have to blindside people with it in order to feel any kind of consistency imo

I'm not gonna pretend like it was easy though. Some people will simply run out of patience trying to get it and I wouldn't blame them either.

ocean

Banned
Depends on which boss.

Twin Knights lose their shields when they're right next to each other.

Big bad ogre you need to blow up Cursed Thrall just next to him so their explosion takes the shield off (randoms can fuck this up majorly by killing all the cursed before they're near)

Some you just have to clear all the ads

There's some wizards who respawn unless you kill them all in quick succession

Note: Tier 2 can give you some combinations of these encounters

Only took 3 pvp games to get my 25 sword kills. But goddamn was those 3 games the worst fucking time I've had yet in TTK.

Don't make shit quests like this Bungie, please.

Surprisingly I actually had fun with it and the kills came much more naturally than I thought they would. Every time I got the heavy I would get 2-3 kills on average and the progress was consistent. I wasn't one of those guys running around the map wacking people with the hilt of the blade.

rNilla

Hmm, I still haven't even played Rift yet. Maybe I should check it out. I messed around in Rumble to get a feel for the percentages but otherwise I have yet to give this an honest try. Control is usually my go to. Thanks for the feedback!

Top Bottom