• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT31| The Courted Oryx (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

TP-DK

Smartloot my ass.

Played through the raid twice with my titan, the first time I got:
Gauntlets
Sniper
Auto Rifle

The second time I got:
Gauntlets
Sniper
Gauntlets

And they still had the nerve to take 20 of my shards.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
ahhhh man the raid is so great, I can't wait to get back in there

Court of Oryx is real as hell too, I went from 285 to 289 in like 20 minutes. Need to do a tier 3 for Eris' quest tho.

LiK

Smartloot my ass.

Played through the raid twice with my titan, the first time I got:
Gauntlets
Sniper
Auto Rifle

The second time I got:
Gauntlets
Sniper
Gauntlets

And they still had the nerve to take 20 of my shards.

i was reading an article on Kotaku last night and it appears way too many people are getting dupe drops especially from engrams. seems like a pattern.

Klyka

Banned
When people say "dupes" do they also mean the perks and stats are exactly the same? Cause that's "variations" not "dupes" :3

Also, is it true that CoO tier 3 is now a different fight? :O

PuMa

People complaining about smartloot again...I'm not sure those of you are clear on how it works. Just because something dropped for you, it doesn't mean it's now out of your loot table. It's just a reduced chance now. It can certainly drop again.

This is the comparison I made earlier in the thread:

Roll a d6, d8, d12, then d20. You can roll a 1 each time even though your chance of doing so with each change of the die is less so.

PuMa

ahhhh man the raid is so great, I can't wait to get back in there

Court of Oryx is real as hell too, I went from 285 to 289 in like 20 minutes. Need to do a tier 3 for Eris' quest tho.

Good raiding last night. Very tired today.

I still need to do tier 3 as well. Maybe we can find a group tonight?

Deku Tree

Got my Hunter to 282 light doing almost nothing on my Hunter.

Leveled up to 40 by obtaining my subclass, poping a focused light, equipping the exotic EXP boost item from the CE junk, and handing in 16 saved bounties. This also got my nightstalker subclass halfway through the third exp row.

Today I transferred two legendary armor engrams that I had saved to my hunter and bought a legendary arm piece, and got a legendary cloak from a DO rank up, and then infused all of them with 2-3 high powered warlock armors each (you can get a lot higher powered end result by infusing 2-3 times with your three highest power pieces starting from lowest to highest versus doing it just once).

BAM. 282 light with a 200 Artifact too.

Did the daily story today on my hunter to unlock the dreadnaught.

Now I have another story mission to do. The Dreadnaught patrol is still not open. And I can not see the KF raid on my director.

Next step on my Hunter is to unlock the dreadnaught patrol and do the CoO quest from Eris. Gotta get that 300 Artifact to get to 290+.

So the kills actually don't need to come from the last word? do i need to have TLW equipped or would it even be enough if it was in my inventory?

I only equipped it when I got heavy or had my super up. The percentage bar shoots up a ton if you get killstreak medals. Then once your super is up/out of heavy/ know you're about to die switch weapons so the bar doesn't go down. It wasn't bad at all being a Sunbreaker. It's so easy to get kill streaks with that super lol. It's so awesome to turn a corner and see 4 guys from the other team standing there. Haha.

Top Bottom