• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT31| The Courted Oryx (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

Im farmed out, need to save some of them coins. Good haul!

CPMb0gSWIAAOktZ.jpg:large

CPMcBJLUYAAW2Lv.jpg:large

alright, im doing it when I get home. ill join the exploit wagon. sheesh

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
It's fuckin' awesome. You get half a magazine back every time you get a double kill on top of the super meter gain, so you can leverage Persistence for very long chains if you have enough targets to shoot at. The chain lightning is pretty much constant if any enemies are standing too close to each other.

Assuming ToC still exist tonight, I'm really hoping I luck into one. Hell, I'll be pumped to get any primary exotic.

guybrushfreeman

Unconfirmed Member
lol RNG gonna RNG I guess but I'm on 10 Vanguard strikes in a row with a 3 of coins each time and nothing, not even a legendary so far. Guess I should've just house of winter farmed....

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
I really hate how stuff like this always causes me to play this game so "defensively" and skittish like. I feel so penalized for experimenting. I feel like I need to always hoard and wait to see what the community finds instead of being rewarded for trying things myself.

Kinda takes the feeling of it being my journey away.

Tecnniqe

Banned
So overall:

• Invective
  • Hawkmoon
  • Zhalo Supercell
  • Suros Regime
  • Crest of a million Alpha Lupi's (Confirmed Alpha Lupi)
  • Alpha Lupi hunter edition
  • Starfire Protocol
  • Don't Touch Me
  • No Backup Plans
  • An Insurmountable Skullfort
  • Helm of the damned Inmost Light
  • Helm of Saint-14
  • The Taikonaut

I think thats about it.

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
So overall:

• Invective
  • Hawkmoon
  • Zhalo Supercell
  • Suros Regime
  • Crest of a million Alpha Lupi's (Confirmed Alpha Lupi)
  • Alpha Lupi hunter edition
  • Starfire Protocol
  • Don't Touch Me
  • No Backup Plans
  • An Insurmountable Skullfort
  • Helm of the damned Inmost Light
  • Helm of Saint-14
  • The Taikonaut

I think thats about it.

I'm really curious what the RNG method is. Like, what if you had gone to orbit (or even reset Destiny) between each chest engram. Would it still have decrypted that way?

stb

I really hate how stuff like this always causes me to play this game so "defensively" and skittish like. I feel so penalized for experimenting. I feel like I need to always hoard and wait to see what the community finds instead of being rewarded for trying things myself.

Kinda takes the feeling of it being my journey away.

Trying to keep up with some of the Joneses here will just make you crazy, man. Sit back and enjoy the game. Some people like racing to the min/max end game, but we're all going to be playing this content for a long time.

flkraven

So after I spend the rest of my strange coins, what is the best way to farm these bad boys now? Vanguard strike playlist? I know I can still run 28 PoE, but that seems like a waste since I cant get drops and stuff.

belmakor

Hm, was just on patrol and found a relic called "DVALIN-RAS8711-FR002" that I'm supposed to take to Banshee. Anyone else found one of these?

Tecnniqe

Banned
I'm really curious what the RNG method is. Like, what if you had gone to orbit (or even reset Destiny) between each chest engram. Would it still have decrypted that way?

We'll never know. All i wanted was Jade Rabbit but ill go for Hawkmoon and Saint :)

Hm, was just on patrol and found a relic called "DVALIN-RAS8711-FR002" that I'm supposed to take to Banshee. Anyone else found one of these?

Yeah they give rep

matmanx1

we are mirror brothers! lol, I got that helm out of the engram and that same lol RL.

I sharded my Dragon's Breath months ago due to the supeiroirty of then Gjlioloororhorn

Congrats on the helmet!

Also, can does this work on Draksis normal or do you have to do it on the Heroic version?

3 exotic drops in a row with 3 coins.

Crap, so I'll never get it? It took me three days. ;_;
What's your Queens rank? People are saying you need to at least be Rank 3 and others are saying they got the Scout rifle the next day after the reset. It's bugged but wait until tomorrow and see.

Lyonaz

Am out of Strange Coins, used 90 ToCs and got:

2x Monte Carlo
2x Hawkmoon
1x Zhalo Supercell
2x Invective
1x Knucklehead Radar
1x Celestial Nighthawk
2x Sealed Ahamkara Grasps
2x Crest of Alpha Lupi

Yeah totally worth it.

Stupid me wanted my first Xur of 2.0 to be a nice surprise, so I went there blind this morning. Of course that resulted in me wasting 62 strange coins on garbage legacy engrams when I should have binged on ToC. Luckily I still bought some of them. Just managed to get three exotic engrams to drop. This is by far the best use of strange coins.

PSA: Surprise Xur is garbage, Bungie will always make some system to fuck players. Go to reddit and GAF every Friday to figure out how not to get screwed.

stb

Luke, you guys had to foresee this. You had to.
Edit: I foresee xur no longer selling this item.

That's why I don't think there's going to be an emergency patch, if one at all.

Even if they didn't see THIS coming (Draksis/Gatelord farming), they did see Court of Oryx coming. 3oC and CoO go hand in hand.

If anything, people SHOULD be doing this on CoO:
- 2x bosses that go down quickly in groups of 9(?)
- dreadnought loot (artifacts, wormspore, runes, etc.)
- quest completions

Anyone know a trick to get the subclass quest to complete when it says fully upgrade X sub class when it was a legacy one already maxed out? Tried switching sub classes a few times. Tried leaving tower and loading back in. Tried moving a few choices within the subclass around. Nothing seems to trigger it.

Tecnniqe

Banned
Year 2 memory for Grimoire....

Yep, in the style of this :D
GrimoireOT31.png

I have never gotten that armor piece yet and I have been playing since beta
You are not worthy of the Alpha Lupi.

Charity bestowed upon those who are worthy of it is like good seed sown on a good soil that yields an abundance of fruits.
But alms given to those who are yet under the tyrannical yoke of the passions are like seed deposited in a bad soil.
The passions of the receiver of the alms choke, as it were, the growth of merits.

Top Bottom