• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT31| The Courted Oryx (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

Lee

That's why I don't think there's going to be an emergency patch, if one at all.

Even if they didn't see THIS coming (Draksis/Gatelord farming), they did see Court of Oryx coming. 3oC and CoO go hand in hand.

If anything, people SHOULD be doing this on CoO:
- 2x bosses that go down quickly in groups of 9(?)
- dreadnought loot (artifacts, wormspore, runes, etc.)
- quest completions

Except CoO doesn't work. They aren't counted. At least not tier one/tier two bosses. Those ultras don't use up 3oCs nor do they seem to drop exotic engrams.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
That's why I don't think there's going to be an emergency patch, if one at all.

Even if they didn't see THIS coming (Draksis/Gatelord farming), they did see Court of Oryx coming. 3oC and CoO go hand in hand.

If anything, people SHOULD be doing this on CoO:
- 2x bosses that go down quickly in groups of 9(?)
- dreadnought loot (artifacts, wormspore, runes, etc.)
- quest completions
Yeah but you can run out of runes

Wallach

That doesn't seem to be valid. It makes no sense. Don't pick up the engrams because it resets the stack...but still pop a ToC because you won't get any drops if you don't.

It's not valid, but the thread moves fast enough that even people actively reading it missed those posts, heh.

Some kid on triples stream just said "what is this whack ass song" in response to Smooth Criminal.

I feel old.

In other news, does the exotic buff work for court of Oryx?

Rehsa

Man 13 pages into the new OT already! Can't wait to try my luck with Xur tonight after work. Debating if I want to watch a stream of the raid or not. It will probably be a while before I can attempt it myself, but I might want to still go in blind if there are enough people left who hasn't done it. The temptation is real :O

Good luck to all the raiders!

If you're below 290 light this is such a good way to get infusion fuel too. Any dupe you get, just use it as fuel instead of dismantling.

stb

Is it 100% confirmed that exotic engrams go to the postmaster if you don't pick up?

They SHOULD, but just pick them up. The whole "leave the engrams down and it tricks the game into stacking the buff" thing appears to be junk science.

So the stacking doesn't work if you kill the boss

Or

Stacking doesn't work if you pick up the engram

Which is it?

I think people are just parroting one unsubstantiated claim because they're excited. There hasn't been any data to confirm or refute this in a concrete way. That said, it makes zero logical sense that the buff is used (goes away, gives engram) but doesn't (stacks). Schrödinger's buff?

neoism

so seriously would someone please tell me is the focused light thing glitched or something i linked it to my psn it said i was all set... how long does it take to show up ?? been an hour or two..

guybrushfreeman

Unconfirmed Member
What's the longest without a drop with the three of coins so far? I hit 10 and a couple of others seem to as well...Anyone want to share their good RNG?

LTWood12

They SHOULD, but just pick them up. The whole "leave the engrams down and it tricks the game into stacking the buff" thing appears to be junk science.

I didn't leave anything on purpose. I had to get off in a hurry and leave everything there. Just blues.

Ophelion

I'm not sure the Three of Coins is available in non-TTK?

I think it probably would. It's just that all the rewards it yields are only of any use if you have TTK. So people without the expansion could grind exotics, but it would just sit there taunting them till they buy the expansion and reach level 40.

Jinjo

Oh my. Got all best subclass specific helmets for Hunter (Graviton, Nighthawk & Third Man), Saint-14 for Titan and The Stag for Warlock. Okay with this for now. 25 3oC ready and about to hit up Draksis. Awwww yissss mothafucking exotic bread crumbs.

Wallach

So the stacking doesn't work if you kill the boss

Or

Stacking doesn't work if you pick up the engram

Which is it?

It's neither. There is no trick. The dude who started this tangent thought the IX on the buff was the stack size. Now we're stuck in the telephone game because the thread is moving a hundred posts a minute.

Tecnniqe

Banned
Its an even sadder day for VacationGAF/Vita-lessGAF.

Give me you account and ill farm an hour for you :D
Trust me?

Should I use a 3 of coins before every kill?
Use coin before you enter door, kill him, if engram drop, dont pick it up.
Once you respawn use coin before you enter the door agian, kill him, if engram drop, dont pick it up.
Once you respawn use coin before you enter the door agian, kill him, if engram drop, dont pick it up.
And so on...

EloquentM

aka Mannny
Stack supposedly reset if you pick up an engram.

I just never picked them up to begin with cause there's no reason to.

It's neither. There is no trick. The dude who started this tangent thought the IX on the buff was the stack size. Now we're stuck in the telephone game because the thread is moving a hundred posts a minute.
Lol well hopefully that 1/5 chance is at least accurate

this is crazy i'm at about 1/4 and am losing track but notables are the jade rabbit, hereafter, tielesto, suros, monte carlo, invective and new warlock robes

Edit i fill my inventory then when i'm done send stuff to my vault then run around and pick everything up

Thank you ToC. You make me not feel as bad about wasting 62 SC this morning.

UrNPABi.jpg
This sniper should go well with my blinding/supressing/crowd control Nightstalker build. :)

Not sure this engram farming is the game breaker that everyone is making it out to be. I've farmed about 25 engrams now, and almost half have been special weapons, which means tons of dupes. Even if I wasn't just unlucky, dupes are going to rapidly make this a pretty frustrating method to obtain exotics.

Also, you can basically look at it like 7 strange coins plus a few minutes of farming for an engram in a random slot (possibly weighted, but who knows right now) versus 19 strange coins for an engram in a known slot. It won't be that long before the Xur engrams will be more efficient in terms of probability.

Did 17 a little earlier and got 3 drops. Going to do another 21 and that'll be that because I'm out of strange coins (damn Xur tricking me intro buying helmet engrams).

what makes draksis the best boss for this? wouldnt any boss work? like the level 2 boss on earth. I hear people doing gatelord becuase you can escape to orbit and keep the CP

stb

This.

I really, REALLY wish GAF had "sticky" posts.

I'm not sure the Three of Coins is available in non-TTK?

It is. I'm already doing it. Got one exotic engram with my first 3OC.
Do I have to use another 3OC after every kill or after every exotic drop?

Edit: I just don't know if the exotic engram will give me TTK weapons, even when I open them after I got the DLC:

Top Bottom