• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT31| The Courted Oryx (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

It is. I'm already doing it. Got one exotic engram with my first 3OC.
Do I have to use another 3OC after every kill or after every exotic drop?

Edit: I just don't know if the exotic engram will give me TTK weapons, even when I open them after I got the DLC:

kill and probably no, you'll get HoW stuff.

Lee

what makes draksis the best boss for this? wouldnt any boss work? like the level 2 boss on earth. I hear people doing gatelord becuase you can escape to orbit and keep the CP

Dying and reviving is a lot faster than going to orbit and flying back in. Both would work, though.

People were afraid that dying would trigger the reduced engram drop rate that was added back when people were farming We've Woken the Hive. It doesn't appear to be the case, so Draksis is definitely a faster method.

Tecnniqe

Banned
best loot ever:

CPMg-NxUYAAsLhD.jpg:large
CPMhmYcUEAAE_7v.jpg:large

That Solar buff works with hammer lol...
I think...

Wallach

what makes draksis the best boss for this? wouldnt any boss work? like the level 2 boss on earth. I hear people doing gatelord becuase you can escape to orbit and keep the CP

Folks are using Draksis because if you kill him at the same time you kill yourself, he drops loot but it returns you to the last checkpoint since your death prevents the mission from completing. Draksis' final checkpoint is literally right outside his door so you can immediately kill him again.

Man, I don't even remember the last time the thread moved this fast. Expecting it to slow down considerably when the raid hits.

You fuckers better not spoil anything for me. I'll still be checking while at work.

stb

Also looking forward to the inevitable "ugh! Forgot to clean out my postmaster and the exotic engram farming pushed some stuff out because I never picked them up!" post.

Holy shit! With a sniper telemetry active. It only took 11 Motes of Light to fully max my new exotic sniper rifle. Thank you based Bungie for making MoL convert to XP.

Tecnniqe

Banned
Also looking forward to the inevitable "ugh! Forgot to clean out my postmaster and the exotic engram farming pushed some stuff out because I never picked them up!" post.

Just do all of the farming at the same time and once you run out kill him normally and pick them up. problem solved.

Someone doing one heroic strike?
Need one more for the quest :-S

deoee0, please invite/join :D
Inv me, im up. No mic atm

BahamutPT

So my engrams turned out to be:

• The Last Word (now I can complete the quest!)
  • Monte Carlo
  • The Jade Rabbit
  • Suros Regime
  • Knucklehead Radar (Int/Dis)
  • LBN (Int/Str)
  • An Insurmountable Skullfort (Int/Str)
  • Starfire Protocol (Dis)
  • Starfire Protocol (Int/Dis)
  • Alchemists Raiment (Int)

Wallach

does using 5 guarantee a drop? or is it a crapshoot

Using more than one doesn't do anything if you already have the buff. The way it stacks is that if you kill an Ultra with the buff and don't get an exotic engram, the buff is still consumed but the next Three of Coins you use will have a higher drop chance buff.

draksis has probably died more today and then he did all last year combined. he must be feeling the love today.

you remembered me?

yes, now give me a hug
*BOOM!*

EloquentM

aka Mannny
Anyone got an exotic from using the three of coins? how many did you consume at once?
Lmao that's what the last 30 pages are about

Go to scourge of winters/gate lord
Pop 3ofC
Get boss low
Run at them with a Rl
???
Profit

Every time you respawn start from step 2 again.

stb

Just do all of the farming at the same time and once you run out kill him normally and pick them up. problem solved.

I'm not saying it's unavoidable. I'm saying it's inevitable that someone will do it.

If history is any guide, people "read" how to do stuff like this, get all excited, and forget about the fallout for other systems then come here to post/bitch about it.

Using more than one doesn't do anything if you already have the buff. The way it stacks is that if you kill an Ultra with the buff and don't get an exotic engram, the buff is still consumed but the next Three of Coins you use will have a higher drop chance buff.

so use one at a time?

Top Bottom