• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT31| The Courted Oryx (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Whoa so the Court of Oryx has a unique boss for tier 3 each week? That rules! Who was it last week?

All the new loot system does is try to stop duplicate weapon drops. So we don't get #29forever
Can you link me to where they talked about this? Was it in one of the ViDocs or streams? I definitely haven't watched all of those

stb

Alright. Someone link me to what it is you are all referring to when you use the phrase "Smart Loot." I'd like to see how Bungie characterized this system.

Good luck with this.

It doesn't matter what Bungie said; It'll mean whatever people want it to mean.

ocean

Banned
All the new loot system does is try to stop duplicate weapon drops. So we don't get #29forever
2 people in my group got 2x the same weapon from their first Oryx kill :p
And I've seen others report getting the same armor piece or weapon on a character last week and this one.

At least it's better than VoG's no-loot runs :p I think everyone who clears King's Fall leaves with at least 1 piece of gear, usually two (armor and a weapon from Oryx)

Whoa so the Court of Oryx has a unique boss for tier 3 each week? That rules! Who was it last week?

Can you link me to where they talked about this? Was it in one of the ViDocs or streams? I definitely haven't watched all of those
Pretty sure they talked about it in one of their updates. They mentioned how it analyzes what loot you already have so that it minimizes dupes.

Don't other classes not get an exotic at rank 3?
Hunter's my main so I haven't started working my gunsmith rep on the other two, but I suppose they all get something special?

yes, all classes get their own exclusive legendary secondary and exotic primary at ranks 2 and 3

If they said anything I doubt it was "you should get everything within two weeks."

maybe this new system is flawed

ALL my legendary drops are Either Smolder, 1000-yard stare or jabberhakke

and its not that I only got 3-4 engrams. I have had over 15 now and its all the same stuff hahaha its really funny but sad at the same time.

I dunno man, 300+ ghosts/armor seems worthwhile to me :p

What I *am* a bit surprised about is people aren't checkpoint sharing the first loot-awarding checkpoint to skip the initial puzzles.

Which is nice because the puzzles are cool :) but a little surprising given the efficiently minded crowd we tend to be

eh, what i meant is that there's no exotic drop until the end and there's no "fatebringer" drop in the middle. the chests are time consuming and the reward doesn't payoff until the final boss.

E92 M3

I'll believe it when I see it ;)

It will def go up, however I still believe its gonna be very very hard for casual players. Keep in mind we are on GAF and pretty nerdy/hardcore/really enjoy our hobby type of people.

Very true. Maybe after a little bit more playing with the raid and better gear, my opinion will change but as of now..I agree with Zoba and you Epyon MX. But each their own of course!

It's not for casual players, I don't think everything should be accessible to everyone easily. For instance, the exotic sword quest is long and arduous. Most casual players won't get it and I'm not doing it right now because it does take a lot of effort.

LiK

Hawk, are you still farming chests on Dreadnaught? lemme know so i don't need to do it alone. i need it for that Shaxx sword quest.

Sullichin

Does gunsmith have new test weapons today, or do we have to wait until tomorrow for that too? Gotta get that rank 3 for Ace of Spades.

Speaking of Ace of Spades, anyone have it and have impressions?

It's not for casual players, I don't think everything should be accessible to everyone easily. For instance, the exotic sword quest is long and arduous. Most casual players won't get it and I'm not doing it right now because it does take a lot of effort.

time consuming yes, but not hard. are you talking about the material farming or the crucible sword kills parts. because their not hard. just take forever

Looking up my account on bungie.net, it shows that I have zero legendary marks.

But I know I have at least 50 or so.

Anyone else getting that? Did the reset wipe my marks? lol

So just curious but has anyone else noticed the ovals in the HUD? There is one horizontal oval around your crosshair, and another larger one closer to the screen border. You can see it better in certain lighting, but it's always there.

And once you see it, you cannot unsee it.

E92 M3

Do you guys think Sleeper Stimulant will be better than Touch of Malice? While shooting with 1 bullet left the damage is doubled so it's really hard to beat in that department.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
what is everyone's opinion on the jade rabbit. kind of looks crappy.......

I've posted about it before a handful of times. I think it's the best primary in the game, to be honest. Once you get used to it, you can fire forever without reloading.

So there are
3 chests on the raid right? Any of them have worthwhile rewards? The two i got gave shards. Any of them can give exotics?

Shito

Does gunsmith have new test weapons today, or do we have to wait until tomorrow for that too? Gotta get that rank 3 for Ace of Spades.

Speaking of Ace of Spades, anyone have it and have impressions?
I have it.
Just tried it a bit today in court after having unlocked firefly: it's good for this, because the range in court is never too far away, but otherwise it suffers a bit from the hand cannon nerfs. Haven't unlocked Maverick yet, but I think I saw a gaffer say he basically played a whole strike with it without reloading once.
It has great potential. ^^

noomi

omfg what is wrong with this game

2 pulse rifles and another gauntlets on the same character that got a pulse rifle and gauntlets last week and another pair of gauntlets this week.

smart loot is a friking joke

Smart loot has always been iffy, not surprised to hear the same with the new raid.

Anyone have a fully charged Agonarch Rune that can help me out?

Yup, if you can wait like 30min and find a 3rd person for us, mine is fully charged.

Who ever bought it should be able to access the "best" aspect IMO. Nonetheless I do not believe we will come to an agreement so its all good and I do respect your P.o.V :)

Again, this is all only relevant for a little while. Like Skolas and everything else in the game, the "do it perfect or it's a wipe" tier challenge will only last another week or two. Then you can have casual fun runs with 50% the execution demand, 10% the stress, and 1% the thrill.

That's a little dramatic, but point taken. Week one of the Normal raid is kinda like a pre-Hard raid. Hadn't thought of it that way. Also, it's not all about gearing, it's about knowledge. People who cleared week one probably only know one role, but every other raid, people know every role.

Want to know what's sad? A bunch of 34s trying to cheese the Bridge in Crota's End? It's like, come on, guys, it's not that hard and it's really fun!

ocean

Banned
I hope it's 290. And I hope there is no difference between anything above 290 for power advantages in ToO.
Why and why? Top-level PvP and PvE activities should have similar rewards. And why limit level advantages? It defeats the whole purpose of having them at all if you're capping them at an easy baseline.
Last week it was a giant XL Ogre with insane health. There were some acolyte eyes which spawned and have you a stackable buff to Ogre damage so you could beat him. But you were also swarmed by like 4 regular Ogres In the bottom so you had to keep at least some of the buff for guys to deal with those.

Once the Ogre madness was done you rushed the altar to slay a witch quickly. Too slow and she'd gain a shield and re spawn the mega ogre.

This week it's Crota's #1 fan as a boss. There were 5 missing Calcified Fragments, and this week's T3 had one of them. Now there's 4 missing Calcified Fragments. I'm guessing at most 3 of them are new T3 bosses. I mean I guess Heroic Raid should hold at least one last fragment no?

Is the Agnaroch run similar to the wormsinger rune or command beacon where someone in fireteam can get it and everyone else get rewards? If so, can I tag along for an Agnaroch rune and I'll trade services with a command beacon.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Go back to my post. Edited the link.
Thanks a lot. :)

We were also told that Destiny’s loot system will now pay closer attention to the loot you have already received when determining an appropriate drop, so that players will more consistently receive armor and weapons that provide meaningful power growth, items that vary their gear slot from one drop to the next, and fewer drops of items that a player has already attained.
Well without them getting more specific here, this generally has described my experience pretty well so far. Compared specifically to Vanilla destiny I've progressed in terms of total power on a much smoother curve without huge breakpoints based on needing a raid item to drop or Xur to sell an exotic occupying the correct slot to puzzle piece my way to 30.

It sounds like some people are facing abnormal duplicates however so that aspect may well be broken. On the other hand, it certainly doesn't say that duplicate drops are now impossible, and it's pretty early to make a judgement on that kind of thing.

rNilla

Hmm...

53vHSgw.png

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Is the Agnaroch run similar to the wormsinger rune or command beacon where someone in fireteam can get it and everyone else get rewards? If so, can I tag along for an Agnaroch rune and I'll trade services with a command beacon.

You tag along to charge up your own rune. You don't get any rewards yourself.

so is it just me or are NF rewards pretty crappy now. I ve gotten three of coins multiple times and Ive heard of others getting antiquated runes. So we get items that will give is our NF rewards after more work? anybody get anything really good? I havnt seen an exotic drop for anyone in a NF group ive ran with.

Top Bottom