• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT31| The Courted Oryx (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

spyder_ur

Jesus Christ

Everyone buy the Hung Jury scout from Dead Orbit.

It's a fucking laser. Extended mag, triple tap, firefly.

:O

Yep. Infused mine to 292 so far. Absolutely adore it. Only weakness is the mag size but you can swap that out for less stability.

Yeah I bought it this morning, Better base stats than Boolean Gemini also.

I guess I know what my marks are going to - approaching the cap. Been using Jade Rabbit and really like it, but not totally in love. It's not great for every situation.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Ok Destiny GAF. I'm close to the legendary marks cap. What should I get? Helm of St.-14, Celestial NightHawk, Red Death or Hung Jury?

I'm close to cap too, I'm probably gonna grab a Bad Juju.

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
Actually surprised to hear that you consider the mag size a downside.

With extended mag and triple tap you can get something like 28 shots off if they are all precision. Great for taking on majors and ultras.

You're right. I just find myself running sooner than I expect after switching from Boolean. It was probably more my LL than the guns fault.

I think it's that Engrams that appear decoded in the game world are not sent to postmaster.

E.g. if you try to collect a special weapon engram, but your inventory is full for that slot, if it says "[special weapon name]" on the right, it will not be at postmaster. If it says that it's an ENGRAM, it will be at postmaster.

Can someone confirm?
I definitely have named, decoded blue items from Court in my postmaster. Just maybe not all of them.

MrDaravon

Soooo did anyone here get the Chaperone? Was just talking with a friend whose friend had gotten it and was apparently saying it's the new Thorn, it completely wrecks in PvP and guy was getting 25+ kills a game with it?

GutZ31

Hilariously, it's the entrance. I'm playing with 2 random folks. Not going well at all. Also, it's my first time doing it!
You had me at entrance. Lol.

I would love to help, but I am running on fumes.

Gaf, give this brave soul a proper welcome.

Hilariously, it's the entrance. I'm playing with 2 random folks. Not going well at all. Also, it's my first time doing it!

Ok - you don't have to stay in the circles and only the minotaurs cause the circles to collapse so focus on them. Use a void shotgun or fusion to clear them quick.

Still probably a bit hard to do with three people

That moment when you
are the Oryx relic runner for 4 hours straight and your hands hurt, your arms hurt, your eyes hurt from the constant black and white bullshit and you are falling half asleep cause it's 4am and every single jump you take has to be perfect over and over again and you need to get the relic to the knight without dying to a wrong double jump or getting stuck on adds and then you pull out your golden gun and you can't miss that shot or else DPS might not be enough.
Jesus Christ man.

Oh btw whatever happened to the group I helped with the first boss last night? Did you guys get past second boss? Did my tip help?
This post speaks to me. Pretty much exactly my night lol. The only difference is I was on my Warlock which has the least forgiving jump imaginable. That shit is so intense.

Man, it really is utter bullshit that people cannot get the Touch of Malice because of that stupid Calcified Fragment bug. Game punishing you for exploring and finding stuff early. Awesome.

Cronen

You had me at entrance. Lol.

I would love to help, but I am running on fumes.

Gaf, give this brave soul a proper welcome.

Haha, yeah it's dumb. Understandably, it's tough as hell finding people wanting to do it, with TKK now out.

But yes, any help is welcome GAF!

phen0m24

Man, it really is utter bullshit that people cannot get the Touch of Malice because of that stupid Calcified Fragment bug. Game punishing you for exploring and finding stuff early. Awesome.

Repeat after me, Tears

"I will not explore or find stuff early anymore"

;)

Sucks bro sorry

Fehyd

Banned
So after leveling a hunter I'm getting more interested in crucible. I'm a fairly middling player but I'm curious if anyone has some pointers for a newbie hunter.

Previously a played primarily titan.

It didn't even have to be flawless first week
You're able to afford everyone not making it back from detonating bombs because there's over 30 seconds of running afterwards. You're able to afford not getting every bomb to go off because after the "punishment" wave for not doing enough damage manually he has so little health left anyways. And heck, my group was able to afford one guy going down during DPS portions, with WoL we were able to stagger Oryx with 5. Flawless execution is hardly required.

Exactly. People wanted a big, difficult raid that required teamwork and execution. They got it.

Skele7on

Banned
any word on when the bug for the scout rifle in lost and found will be fixed?

It did sort of screw me last week, luckily a 297 scout dropped 20 mins before raid started.

Really saved my ass.

Atkison04

Repeat after me, Tears

"I will not explore or find stuff early anymore"

;)

Sucks bro sorry

Haha, the raid and the entire expansion really are awesome, but this still angers me quite a bit.

Wait what bug?

Don't pick up more than 1 fragment before Eris tells you to find 5. If you do, they are lost to you.

WTF, I would be furious. Bungie better have a fix for this, whatever it is.

It would be nice if Bungie could acknowledge their fuck up and if they're possibly working on a fix.

Are you kidding me? How am I supposed to know not to pick up the fragments before the quest.

Crap, I found like 8 before I did that quest for Eris.

Theres also this https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyThe...smith_on_increasing_light_level_youre_going/?

Go do Strike normal and then, as soon as you can graduate to Strike Heroic, get into that Heroic playlist. If you're doing those things, like ticking off the quest log that's in front of you and then getting through Strike Heroic, you're going to climb into the 280s relatively quickly.

And then it curves off and becomes a little slower. 290 to 300 is slower, but that's also when you're in range, you're raiding. So you're at level for the raid and you're going to start working your way and getting those raid drops, and those raid drops are obviously better than anything that you've found so far.

A load more boot engrams decrypted today, still none over 285 - The raid wants to give some up tonight or I'm going to cancel my preorder, or something

EL CUCO

AR's are 100% back in PVE. Having alot of fun swapping between the Zhalo, and The Dealbreaker with focused fire that hits like a mack truck. Looking forward to getting the Titan specific exotic AR from the Gunsmith (I forgot the name).

AR fast reload speed gloves are finally great to have!

Top Bottom