• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT31| The Courted Oryx (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

kidko

Focus Fire. It's like shooting tennis balls of doom. I also don't reload much to easier proc Suros Legacy

Spinning up is fun in CoO when perfect aim is less important and ammo is plentiful. For more range, shooting Vex in their glow holes, etc, I switch to Focus Fire.

phen0m24

Everyone that's saying Suros 2 wrecks everything, are you using spinning up or focus fire?

Probably the minority but spinning up is cool

When the gun starts shooting as fast as Thunderlord but yet is really stable - that's just fun

Yellow bar wizard? What yellow bar wizard?

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Easiest exotic ever.

hbkebk.jpg

nowai

Soooo did anyone here get the Chaperone? Was just talking with a friend whose friend had gotten it and was apparently saying it's the new Thorn, it completely wrecks in PvP and guy was getting 25+ kills a game with it?

Yep, I got it and promptly maxed it out with motes.

It's pretty wonderful. Looks great and makes a little whip crack when you reload.

It also spins like Arnold in T2, so you know...best.

Mindlog

I made several mistakes in several encounters that require 'perfect execution.' The raid is actually very forgiving. Not lying when I say I enjoyed it all, but I can completely sympathize with those that suffered eye fatigue.
That moment when you
are the Oryx relic runner for 4 hours straight and your hands hurt, your arms hurt, your eyes hurt from the constant black and white bullshit and you are falling half asleep cause it's 4am and every single jump you take has to be perfect over and over again and you need to get the relic to the knight without dying to a wrong double jump or getting stuck on adds and then you pull out your golden gun and you can't miss that shot or else DPS might not be enough.
Jesus Christ man.

Oh btw whatever happened to the group I helped with the first boss last night? Did you guys get past second boss? Did my tip help?
(The following spoilers contain mechanics of the final raid encounter. Avoid them if you don't want to know about the raid.)
I was the
relic runner for one
group, but we never attempted it for very long. I can imagine how dizzying that could get. The Team Sexy
relic runner had been
at it for hours and was exhausted, but decided to give it a few more tries. Two attempts with Jigga and we got it :D

(Video of the final raid encounter. AVOID if you don't want to be spoiled.)
This is Team Sexy's first? Oryx kill from my perspective. I was the one in the middle just helping in general and I made several mistakes. Didn't turn fast enough to help stun an Ogre. Waited for spawns on one side when I should have been killing them on the other. Bouncing off a rock that brought my mortar dangerously close to my teammates. Throwing my grenade into a Titan Bubble was on purpose in case adds walked in.... Most of these mistakes, others and my aim can be chalked up to being very tired at the time.
*RAID SPOILERS**RAID SPOILERS**RAID SPOILERS* Our victory from my perspective.*RAID SPOILERS**RAID SPOILERS**RAID SPOILERS*

Constructive criticism is require to improve things since bungie "do" read the feedbacks from GAF. Just saying my personal opinion from what I experience so far which is not bitching and I did finish it as well. Of course there is a possibility it will change but as of now. Don't see anything wrong with that.

Most of what I've read here is not "constructive" criticism, but simply criticism.

The "constructive" part of that phrase means that you provide meaningful solutions or suggestions. Not just "this is bad."

Juraash

Easiest exotic ever.

It's also pretty great considering the relatively small investment in time to get it. I've been enjoying it a lot while I wait for either a rep item or new guns from the gunsmith.

On that note, did his test weapons change today like they did last week? Or was that a symptom of the expansion dropping on Tuesday?

purg3

slept with Malkin
AR's are 100% back in PVE. Having alot of fun swapping between the Zhalo, and The Dealbreaker with focused fire that hits like a mack truck. Looking forward to getting the Titan specific exotic AR from the Gunsmith (I forgot the name).

AR fast reload speed gloves are finally great to have!

I love it, Fabian Strategy is great. Good mag size, crowd control. life support. Front lines is okay, not sure if I really know a difference. But that combined with Immobius is awesome.

Kalamari

I think it's that Engrams that appear decoded in the game world are not sent to postmaster.

E.g. if you try to collect a special weapon engram, but your inventory is full for that slot, if it says "[special weapon name]" on the right, it will not be at postmaster. If it says that it's an ENGRAM, it will be at postmaster.

Can someone confirm?

I have had named weapons arrive in my postmaster.

I made several mistakes in several encounters that require 'perfect execution.' The raid is actually very forgiving. Not lying when I say I enjoyed it all, but I can completely sympathize with those that suffered eye fatigue.

(The following spoilers contain mechanics of the final raid encounter. Avoid them if you don't want to know about the raid.)
I was the
relic runner for one
group, but we never attempted it for very long. I can imagine how dizzying that could get. The Team Sexy
relic runner had been
at it for hours and was exhausted, but decided to give it a few more tries. Two attempts with Jigga and we got it :D

(Video of the final raid encounter. AVOID if you don't want to be spoiled.)
This is Team Sexy's first? Oryx kill from my perspective. I was the one in the middle just helping in general and I made several mistakes. Didn't turn fast enough to help stun an Ogre. Waited for spawns on one side when I should have been killing them on the other. Bouncing off a rock that brought my mortar dangerously close to my teammates. Throwing my grenade into a Titan Bubble was on purpose in case adds walked in.... Most of these mistakes, others and my aim can be chalked up to being very tired at the time.
*RAID SPOILERS**RAID SPOILERS**RAID SPOILERS* Our victory from my perspective.*RAID SPOILERS**RAID SPOILERS**RAID SPOILERS*

Yeah. We had people die during our kill. I think two actually. You can definitely recover on multiple encounters. People just don't have the strats down yet. They have them down juuuuust enough to get by if they are flawless.

zewone

FYI, Jade Rabbit wrecks
Oryx portion
. Unlimited ammo on
the Ogres
if you chain your body and headshots.
Easy with a huge target.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Just got a e-mail from Bungie about a welcome emblem?

wat wat

Also got the same email. Emblem is this.

It's also pretty great considering the relatively small investment in time to get it. I've been enjoying it a lot while I wait for either a rep item or new guns from the gunsmith.

On that note, did his test weapons change today like they did last week? Or was that a symptom of the expansion dropping on Tuesday?

I wasn't even aware the quests ended with this lol. I was only doing them to pass time and get some XP. Nice little surprise since Scouts are my fav.

Test weapons change tomorrow. (16 hours from now)

LTWood12

So I'm going to get the 1000 Yard Stare today. I have a 291 Blue Sniper Rifle, and if I infuse that to it, it'll bring it from 280 to 289. My question is this, should I use the 291 rare Sniper for my first raid, or go ahead and infuse, sacrificing 2 attack to do so.

Tecnniqe

Banned

I wasn't even aware the quests ended with this lol. I was only doing them to pass time and get some XP. Nice little surprise since Scouts are my fav.

Im not welcome then huh Bungie? D:

Homeboyd

A bunch of people from my clan, including me, made the same mistake.
Can you confirm completing the ToM questline and this being a bug for you? aka you've found 45 fragments but the questline only counting fragments found after starting the eris quest? screenshot or something?

Sesuadra

Unconfirmed Member
item Level 279 wuhuuu.

tomorrow I can't play ;_;..

question, in the solar system map in the lower left corner are five symbols. One I can't use which is the one far to the left. what does that do?

Juraash

Scouts are my favorite too and they got a ton of love this time around. As a Warlock on PlayStation I have access to 4 different exotic scouts. They really made up for the fact we only had 1 all last year.

Afrocious

Spinning up is fun in CoO when perfect aim is less important and ammo is plentiful. For more range, shooting Vex in their glow holes, etc, I switch to Focus Fire.

That's a good point. I dunno. I just feel Spinning Up throws away ammo when I could be saving more deadly shots.

Besides I'm a Stormcaller Warlock: I just spam Stormtrance and run around with a sword for Tier 1 and 2 lol

Probably the minority but spinning up is cool

When the gun starts shooting as fast as Thunderlord but yet is really stable - that's just fun

Yellow bar wizard? What yellow bar wizard?

I might give Spinning Up a try in the raid today. I'm quite a conservative player, so I'll see how much of a death machine this thing is.

I feel like Bungie is so scared to make a potentially overpowered weapon to the point that it makes cool guns less fun to use

Agreed. This makes me wonder how the Touch of Malice stands with other weapons.

Top Bottom