• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT31| The Courted Oryx (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

Didn't see anything in the OP, so I might as well ask:

What's the general advice for staring out this expansion? Anything that should be tackled absolutely first? Is there an explanation of how to get various reps up the quickest (this Armsday thing, for instance)? I just want to maximize my playtime since I don't get hours and hours to burn playing games anymore.

For reference, I have 3 characters at 34 but just haven't been able to pull myself away from MGS:V yet to give it a go. I'm thinking I'll get to Destiny this weekend (hopefully).

You earn rep by doing quests or playing Crucible. Gunsmith rep is done by testing his guns. As for starting out, since you're 34, just start with the story for TTK and go from there.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Hmm well go look at that Exotic at the kiosk now, before dismantling it. Is it showing that you need marks?

if I found a year 2 exotic, can I dismantle it and pick it up again for glimmer and shard. or do I have to buy it via marks?

Looked last night and its a exotic shard and glimmer I believe. But I didn't dismantle so unless it changes back to marks. Gotta try. :p

kidko

Didn't see anything in the OP, so I might as well ask:

What's the general advice for staring out this expansion? Anything that should be tackled absolutely first? Is there an explanation of how to get various reps up the quickest (this Armsday thing, for instance)? I just want to maximize my playtime since I don't get hours and hours to burn playing games anymore.

For reference, I have 3 characters at 34 but just haven't been able to pull myself away from MGS:V yet to give it a go. I'm thinking I'll get to Destiny this weekend (hopefully).

Go to the tower and collect your veteran quest items. Choose one of the the 3 factions to earn rep with at the tower. Grab bounties.

Take your main through the TTK story missions (first one starts on Mars - new area on Phobos)

Keep going back to the tower between missions to collect more quests. Always equip the new gear you get from engrams that increases your light number. Even between every engram.

Run the strikes after the story missions. Do the individual ones from the map, then do the TTK strike playlist.

Do crucible throughout if you are into that... at the very least do the daily one for 15 marks. Once your light is around 240-250 (i think) you can do the daily missions too.

edit: oh and of course explore the dreadnaught. It's fun and interesting. Collect the mats from chests. Find your way to the arena in the center of a large chamber where you'll likely come across other guardians killing bosses. You can join in freely and collect engram drops and xp. This is the Court of Oryx and you can read op on that that to learn how it works (also Eris has a quest for it you should grab)

E92 M3

If you go to the Ghosthunter website, do some of them still show as not found? Like, more than 5?

Indeed.

if I found a year 2 exotic, can I dismantle it and pick it up again for glimmer and shard. or do I have to buy it via marks?

Yep shard and cash-money

Touch of Love

family-guy-and-touched-by-an-angel-gallery.png

latest

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
True, but I'd rather just get another legendary / exotic drop than waste the resources on infusing.
I mean how are you gonna just "get" those particular guns to drop? And such a drop wouldn't necessarily have the same perks...

If you like the guns it's not remotely a "waste of resources" to infuse them, just a use of resources, lol. That's what they're for. Level ~280 blues are dropping for me constantly at this point. That's a cost of 3 marks to infuse it once and get it to viable levels and see if I like it enough to continue raising up even further.

Juraash

It's shit anyway. :p

Have you come across any full auto Scouts? I used the Vision of Confluence like 90% of the time so I'm pretty addicted to that full auto perk. I hate that Bungie has remove the reforge option because I have a 294 rare which is awesome in PVE but I just can't get used to the lack of no full auto. I have an auto rifle Does Not Bow which is 299 and has really low recoil so I'm using that as an alternative but I'll try out the Boonlean.

I have not come across any to my knowledge. But I'm one of the crazies who likes them when they aren't full auto. So I haven't been actively looking on any of my scouts to see if they rolled it.

Don't pick up more than 1 fragment before Eris tells you to find 5. If you do, they are lost to you.

It would be nice if Bungie could acknowledge their fuck up and if they're possibly working on a fix.

This must be an isolated case cause I did the same and it did not glitch for me, nor did it for many others who picked up fragments earlier.

Tovarisc

LFM King's Fall @ 1st boss

Looking for one more player to come into raid and go for full clear. Requirement is that you have 290+ light.

PS4, ID: Tovarisc

Does anyone know if the stat rolls on exotic armor from the blueprint kiosk change on a daily or weekly basis?

I have my year 1 Obsidian Mind that had an insane stat roll on it, so I can buy the year 2 version whenever I want once I have the marks. But the roll doesn't look that good. Does that ever change?

420bits

TY Inco and Rolyeyes. That was some scrubtacular NF game and loot. Very hard on Remoteplay, sorry.

Up til the room before the boss there was some crazy lag going on, one of the best nightfalls in a long time :D

Some sweet drops from it as well 296 gloves with reloadspeed to scoutrifles!

GG all

So, question for folks with more than 1 character, are you doing all the story quests or just getting to 295+ to be able to raid? My hunter is 287 now and 290+ with my Warlocks gear. I'm at the quest where I have to starting killing specific Taken Champions...it's brutal waiting around.

I wonder if the best course it to just work on main toon and keep the other ones for NF and raid runs.

cilonen

Glimmer and shard once you've already found and owned a Y2 version. marks if you've only unlocked the blueprint from having the Y1 version.

You can't buy a previously owned Y2 exotic and use it to infuse though, it won't show as being able to dismantle for infusion.

Baliis

I agree with everyone on Suros V2. It was amazing during the raid sections I did last night. The King is BACK.

Are people using spinning up or the shoot slower when zoomed perk for it? I feel like spinning up might be better, but the pace of the shots with the second perk is so nice when shooting trash during bosses. On the second kings fall boss
every time the acolytes came out on the right side, its just a steady pop pop pop of head shots as they go down, so satisfying.

I mean how are you gonna just "get" those particular guns to drop? And such a drop wouldn't necessarily have the same perks...

If you like the guns it's not remotely a "waste of resources" to infuse them, just a use of resources, lol. That's what they're for. Level ~280 blues are dropping for me constantly at this point. That's a cost of 3 marks to infuse it once and get it to viable levels and see if I like it enough to continue raising up even further.
Best to keep gear that have good stats and infuse em than start over leveling new ones reapidtaley.

Susanoo and Tlaloc forever

This must be an isolated case cause I did the same and it did not glitch for me, nor did it for many others who picked up fragments earlier.
It happened to Robinson as well, and I think Ikkarus and Blaze too.

Might try to farm the remaining fragments just for confirmation.

I think it's that Engrams that appear decoded in the game world are not sent to postmaster.

E.g. if you try to collect a special weapon engram, but your inventory is full for that slot, if it says "[special weapon name]" on the right, it will not be at postmaster. If it says that it's an ENGRAM, it will be at postmaster.

Can someone confirm?
Anecdotal, but I've had non-encoded items from court of oryx show up at my postmaster.

Can engrams out in the wild roll > 300? I have a 297 1000 foot stare and 306 fusion that I'd like to use for infusion. If possible, I'd like to use the fusion on strikes and hope it would force a 307+ to drop, but if that's of the table, I'll just infuse now.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
Are people using spinning up or the shoot slower when zoomed perk for it? I feel like spinning up might be better, but the pace of the shots with the second perk is so nice when shooting trash during bosses. On the second kings fall boss
every time the acolytes came out on the right side, its just a steady pop pop pop of head shots as they go down, so satisfying.
What's the dps difference between the two perks. Obviously bullet for bullet spinning up is out classed but does it make up for it in speed by catching up in overall dps?

noomi

We wont know until 4 weeks

I assume that's because of the rotating tier 3 CoO?

Can engrams out in the wild roll > 300? I have a 297 1000 foot stare and 306 fusion that I'd like to use for infusion. If possible, I'd like to use the fusion on strikes and hope it would force a 307+ to drop, but if that's of the table, I'll just infuse now.

I haven't seen it yet, but I know you wont get 300+ drops unless you are 300+ light level.

Navy Bean

CoO is such a great activity. Even when I'm not planning to do it, if I see a fight going on in the distance I immediately jump across the chasm to join...kinda like a sneak attack.

Is anyone else having trouble getting their class items to change colors with shaders?

None of my new Titan marks do. And I've heard Hunter cloaks don't either? This is so terrible. I'd rather we go back to Exotics not shading, if this is the alternative.

I got the sniper rifle and hunter cloak from doing the raid yesterday for the first time. We didn't try to beat Oryx so we'll try today.

Anyone else keeps calling Oryx Crota?

Top Bottom