• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT31| The Courted Oryx (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

1000% agreed, people are quitting on Heroic strikes, what good will matchmaking do on a raid that requires communication.

well, I launched the heroic playlist this morning and got echo chamber, so I noped out at the beginning. loaded back in and got it again, and again. so I just did it. took 30 minutes, sheesh.

The tier 3 is real easy. It's basically a mini crota fight.
I hammered it out like 4 times with different sets of randoms just now. My CoO quest is complete, and I've only ever gotten one tier 2 rune and no tier 3s.

do you need a sword?

edit: sorry about the double post. hasnt happened in weeks lol

R0ckman

It always cracks me ups that randoms can barely do a CoO and some still want matchmaking for raids. Hopefully matchmaking for raids will never be brought up again.

An in-game LFG would be much better.

I think LFG is garbage, for some reason DGAF has spoiled me, I can stay in a raid for hours if I have the time, but I tend to see that if my group needs to resort to LFG or something similar, we get people who just say "**** it" and rudely quit. At least on GAF people are like, "hey I gotta go", or "I only have one more in me."

DarKshodaN

1000% agreed, people are quitting on Heroic strikes, what good will matchmaking do on a raid that requires communication.

Yes, but i don't get why there is no Matchmaking in the Nighfall Weekly Strike, there are now even more easy then before.
Never had Problems with Randoms in any Activity so i dont get it.

Always hate to look for a Group for it,just want this quickly done and move on

Are you subscribed to the conspiracy theory that the guy transferred a Last Word with an app?

Because I'm certain transferring items doesn't bring up the prompt on the feed.

its not the first time its been done. I watched a video where someone was trolling his friends with a ghallahorn from the gorgon chest doing the item transfer. it pops up on the right, just like all loot does

Tecnniqe, pick up your Welcome Emblem at the Tower.

Is that so.

welcome emblem?

ocean

Banned
Touch of Malice so close.

Just need the Calcified Fragments from 4 Tier 2 bosses and the current Tier 3 boss.

Every time I load into the Court my instance is empty :(

Let me know if someone is doing CoO in a populated instance please so I can join!

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
CoO is such a great activity. Even when I'm not planning to do it, if I see a fight going on in the distance I immediately jump across the chasm to join...kinda like a sneak attack.
I love it when I have a clear Shadowshot angle from like 200 feet away. I fire it off at the tightest group of adds I can make out and then even if I can't make it there in time to kill the boss I still smile to myself. "I helped!"

Ambitious

Touch of Malice so close.

Just need the Calcified Fragments from 4 Tier 2 bosses and the current Tier 3 boss.

Every time I load into the Court my instance is empty :(

Let me know if someone is doing CoO in a populated instance please so I can join!

Have you gotten your Boolean Gemini in the meantime?

Is it just me, or is MM broken in the strike playlist? It's really hard getting a streak going since it's only once repopulate a dropped random. Last night someone dropped at the very start of a strike and myself and the other random two manned it. At the end when the boss was right at 1-3% I saw a message appear that a new guy joined. Such rage followed.

off topic rant -

i hate my mom. i don't want to and i shouldn't but i really fucking cannot stand her. I moved my PS4 away from my brother this morning so I wouldn't wake him up while I played. I wasn't making any noise but she randomly shuts the whole power grid off because she doesn't like me playing while he's sleeping. He has absolutely no problem with it and i have a hard time believing the clicking of the controller is driving her up a wall, so the only explanation is that she's running out of reasons to piss me off in the mornings.

I moved in with her during the spring while i got personal stuff sorted out. The first day she was all excited and nice and "motherly" and I thought "eh, i missed this thing maybe this will be a good change of pace."

lolnope.

Literally the day after she's been at my throat ever since - mostly for the absolute dumbest shit conceivable. Meanwhile, she's the most obnoxious, unaware hypocrite i have ever met; the kind of person who has their mind made up about everything and everyone before she even knows anything about it. The very definition of "pot calling the kettle black". It's even worse because I'm bipolar and I have a constant trigger in my ears every single day. This is not healthy, but every [obvious] alternative is impractical at this point.

/1stworldproblems

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
So what's is the strategy for Sabre?

We can't figure out where to stand or where there are safe spots to regain health.

LTWood12

off topic rant -

i hate my mom. i don't want to and i shouldn't but i really fucking cannot stand her. I moved my PS4 away from my brother this morning so I wouldn't wake him up while I played. I wasn't making any noise but she randomly shuts the whole power grid off because she doesn't like me playing while he's sleeping. He has absolutely no problem with it and i have a hard time believing the clicking of the controller is driving her up a wall, so the only explanation is that she's running out of reasons to piss me off in the mornings.

I moved in with her during the spring while i got personal stuff sorted out. The first day she was all excited and nice and "motherly" and I thought "eh, i missed this thing maybe this will be a good change of pace."

lolnope.

Literally the day after she's been at my throat ever since - mostly for the absolute dumbest shit conceivable. Meanwhile, she's the most obnoxious, unaware hypocrite i have ever met; the kind of person who has their mind made up about everything and everyone before she even knows anything about it. The very definition of "pot calling the kettle black". It's even worse because I'm bipolar and I have a constant trigger in my ears every single day. This is not healthy, but every [obvious] alternative is impractical at this point.

/1stworldproblems

I'm really sorry Zoba. Hope you can get into a better situation in the near future.

DarKshodaN

Still need CoO Tier 3 for a quest, and 2-3 Tier 2 runs. Its always empty when i go there , also i only have Tier 1 runes so... :p

Anybody up for it? mic not charged, so i can not use it

Lightlevel 295, if this is important .

PSN ID: darkshodan84

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane

We can't figure out where to stand or where there are safe spots to regain health.
It's pure chaos, you basically just have to learn each individual hazard. No spot at all is safe for the entire duration of the fight. Stay airborne a lot and keep the sniper shanks under control, they're nasty.

edit: Much love Hudsonbro

off topic rant -

lolnope.

/1stworldproblems

sorry to hear this Zoba. I know it can be rough living with parents after you've moved out. and came back home I did the same thing in my early twenties. I dont know how old you are or if you have a job or anything. but I would be working on getting my own place with roommates as soon as possible.

The cover areas change (as does his crit spot) as the fight goes through its various phases. If you have a void special weapon, though, you can wreck him in seconds (in the Nightfall this week).

Is it just me, or is MM broken in the strike playlist? It's really hard getting a streak going since it's only once repopulate a dropped random. Last night someone dropped at the very start of a strike and myself and the other random two manned it. At the end when the boss was right at 1-3% I saw a message appear that a new guy joined. Such rage followed.

I don't know if it's broken, but the heroic playlist is miserable if you're going solo. I think it's a 50-50 proposition on if someone is going to bail at the start, and if you're lucky you get a replacement when the strike is almost over. It's a difficult playlist and it just sucks doing it alone. I've never been able to do more than 3 or so in a row before quitting. Hopefully it's going to be an activity where you can find GAFers looking to run it frequently.

LTWood12

It's pure chaos, you basically just have to learn each individual hazard. No spot at all is safe for the entire duration of the fight. Stay airborne a lot and keep the sniper shanks under control, they're nasty.

edit: Much love Hudsonbro

Is that the nightfall this week?

I love Hudson more.

Afrocious

off topic rant -

lolnope.

/1stworldproblems

bro that sucks.

if you need an ear, hit me up.

LiK

off topic rant -

lolnope.

/1stworldproblems

that sucks. i cannot believe she would do that just to let him sleep. tell her to buy him some damn earplugs.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I don't know if it's broken, but the heroic playlist is miserable if you're going solo. I think it's a 50-50 proposition on if someone is going to bail at the start, and if you're lucky you get a replacement when the strike is almost over. It's a difficult playlist and it just sucks doing it alone. I've never been able to do more than 3 or so in a row before quitting. Hopefully it's going to be an activity where you can find GAFers looking to run it frequently.
I love em. Will be down to run lots. Fun and rep and engrams and 3oC chances. Woo!

Top Bottom