• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT31| The Courted Oryx (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

Tecnniqe

Banned
I assume that's because of the rotating tier 3 CoO?

Yes, if it rotates on turn we'll have all 50 in 4 weeks as this week rotation gave "XLVII - Apocalypse Refrains" if im not
mis
taken.

I added you

I've got a rune if you wanna run it again
2 randoms came along and we wrecked it twice, however they left now but i got 2 other randoms so if you got a spare rune go ahead, i used mine for fragment with randoms :D

Fee

Would it be faster to team up with someone with Keen Scout, so they can point out chests for you while you guys roam?

Honestly, the fastest way to farm flakes is to just spawn into patrol, check the 4 rooms in that beginning zone and then reset and do it again. I did about 35 last night in about 30ish minutes.

guybrushfreeman

Unconfirmed Member
I just beat mini Crota with a group of 6. They were randoms to me but I don't know about them, I think at least some had chat. It's basically just normal Crota with a really short timer.

Kill all the adds that spawn and then kill the sword bearer. After someone has the sword everyone attack mini crota at once to stagger him, once he gets up wait until he can be damaged and do it again. You get two staggers per sword spawn and then you just repeat.

Kill adds, get sword, stagger, wait, stagger, repeat. The big problem is a lack of communication between players in CoO. If you're on party chat it should be easy. Also you really need to kill all the adds or the person with the sword probably won't make it. It seemed like only the person with the rune got the fragment which sucks. I got a card and legendary engram though. With chat it looked easy. The problem with randoms is getting the timing right.

Edit: beaten, damn this thread is fast.

"Only" a ghost. I'd kill for that. Most people like me are stuck with a 280 ghost, the raid ghost is at least 20 higher than that. Since we have 10 slots, that's 2 light levels instantly.
Not exactly, it's a weighted average. There was a reddit thread that figured it out with linear algebra. The weight for ghost, class item, and artifact is 8%.

Owensboro

You earn rep by doing quests or playing Crucible. Gunsmith rep is done by testing his guns. As for starting out, since you're 34, just start with the story for TTK and go from there.

Perfect! Thanks! I was worried there was some kind of Vanilla Destiny "do public events to start stockpiling materials" kind of thing I was going to miss. I'm pumped about getting back into the game, and can't wait to tackle the raid (hopefully "blind" the first time!).

Go to the tower and collect your veteran quest items. Choose one of the the 3 factions to earn rep with at the tower. Grab bounties.

Take your main through the TTK story missions (first one starts on Mars - new area on Phobos)

Keep going back to the tower between missions to collect more quests. Always equip the new gear you get from engrams that increases your light number. Even between every engram.

Run the strikes after the story missions. Do the individual ones from the map, then do the TTK strike playlist.

Do crucible throughout if you are into that... at the very least do the daily one for 15 marks. Once your light is around 240-250 (i think) you can do the daily missions too.

Cool. Thanks for the quick write up!

Second question: Is there any reason to keep all my old Legendary & Exotic weapons other than sentimental value? For instance, I'd keep a Fatebringer because I don't think you can re-buy one from a Kiosk, but I can shard my No Land Beyond because I'll have the "blueprint" for it and can rebuy it at any point, correct? Does the same thing apply to armor (VoG armor can't be rebought, but any Exotic armor piece can)?

Thirdly: Is there any reason to hang on to old currencies (Ascendant Shard/Energy, Radiant Shard/Energy, etc...)

I just beat mini Crota with a group of 6. They were randoms to me but I don't know about them, I think at least some had chat. It's basically just normal Crota with a really short timer.

Kill all the adds that spawn and then kill the sword bearer. After someone has the sword everyone attack mini crota at once to stagger him, once he gets up wait until he can be damaged and do it again. You get two staggers per sword spawn and then you just repeat.

Kill adds, get sword, stagger, wait, stagger, repeat. The big problem is a lack of communication between players in CoO. If you're on party chat it should be easy. Also you really need to kill all the adds or the person with the sword probably won't make it. It seemed like only the person with the rune got the fragment which sucks. I got a card and legendary engram though. With chat it looked easy. The problem with randoms is getting the timing right.

Edit: beaten, damn this thread is fast.

Mini Crota?

We did Tier 3 last night (and got trounced) but only saw a wizard and and ogre twice in a row

Afrocious

Got off work early. Since I'm raiding at 5, gonna do some Court to find a Fragment. If anyone needs raid help, I'm down however.

Anywho

OBJECTION_by_Phoenix_is_Wright.png

noomi

Anyone else having way more fun in Court of Oryx than the Prison of Elders?

It's just so.damn.good.

Yes, if it rotates on turn we'll have all 50 in 4 weeks as this week rotation gave "XLVII - Apocalypse Refrains" if im not
mis
taken.

Gotcha, well. I'll be collecting them all eventually in that case :D

I'm at The undying mind for the Hunger pangs quest plz help!

Solo'd it last night

giphy.gif

shaw515

Neo Member
So I am almost light 290 and somehow I have yet to have any good sniper drop. I will shortly have exactly 150 marks...would the 1000 yard stare be a good purchase?

ZOONAMI

So, question for folks with more than 1 character, are you doing all the story quests or just getting to 295+ to be able to raid? My hunter is 287 now and 290+ with my Warlocks gear. I'm at the quest where I have to starting killing specific Taken Champions...it's brutal waiting around.

I wonder if the best course it to just work on main toon and keep the other ones for NF and raid runs.

My plan is to mainly use my alts for crucible and strikes/nfs/raids.

Mindlog

I'm seeing a lot of discussion on VoG vs. KF, so I'll chime in.

I think this raid is a substantial step up from VoG, which I'd agree was the best content in the game pre-TTK. The biggest criticism I had of Destiny's raids going into King's Fall- that the game had a tendency of deferring most of the responsibility to one or two key people in the big boss fights while the rest were largely along for the ride- was addressed so thoroughly in King's Fall that I have to wonder if it was one of the defining goals when approaching the creation of the raid.
Agreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed.
My favorite feature. It feels like every potential position was put under a microscope and examined for engagement. Is this boring? How do we make it better?
(Raid encounter spoiler.)
The Warpriest relic is the perfect embodiment of that philosophy. Holding the relic in there is such an amazing contrast to holding the relic during the Atheon fight.

DjRalford

Anyone else having way more fun in Court of Oryx than the Prison of Elders?

It's just so.damn.good.

Gotcha, well. I'll be collecting them all eventually in that case :D

It's a fantastic and fun concept, I was running reciprocal runes solo yesterday for a while though as every instance I loaded had no one running it, then joined Langoit and ibench to run some more and a stolen.

Just need the lvl 3 rune and the quests done, although I already have a 300 artifact.

EL CUCO

So I am almost light 290 and somehow I have yet to have any good sniper drop. I will shortly have exactly 150 marks...would the 1000 yard stare be a good purchase?
There's a quest that awards you a level 250 1000 yard (Taken Wars: Earth), you would have to infuse obviously, but I'm really happy with the vendor version.

kidko

Yeah! Somehow I've gotten two of them and they are both great. I loved LDR and this one feels great too.

Justinh

Honestly, the fastest way to farm flakes is to just spawn into patrol, check the 4 rooms in that beginning zone and then reset and do it again. I did about 35 last night in about 30ish minutes.

Oh, I was just curious since returning to orbit and returning seems like a lot of wasted time. I had a bunch last night but spent 75 on some shard things from eris. I'm guessing that was a bad move...

I have 2 thousand yard stares. And there really good. you get one as mission reward I believe. the problem with running most if not all the content in a few a short days is you forget where you get things lol

SpecX

Yeah! Somehow I've gotten two of them and they are both great. I loved LDR and this one feels great too.

Same, loved LDR and kept it throughout HoW and 1000 Yard so far feels identical. Swapped out my sniper though for the 300 light fusion rifle I got, but might infuse the sniper with it.

kidko

Second question: Is there any reason to keep all my old Legendary & Exotic weapons other than sentimental value? For instance, I'd keep a Fatebringer because I don't think you can re-buy one from a Kiosk, but I can shard my No Land Beyond because I'll have the "blueprint" for it and can rebuy it at any point, correct? Does the same thing apply to armor (VoG armor can't be rebought, but any Exotic armor piece can)?

Thirdly: Is there any reason to hang on to old currencies (Ascendant Shard/Energy, Radiant Shard/Energy, etc...)

Your understanding of the old stuff is correct-

You can shard the Exotics and rebuy them - one caveat here is that the stats (STR/INT/DIS) won't be the same on the armor so keep that in mind if you are particularly attached to any armor pieces for crucible.

There is no way to "rebuy" any legendary stuff, though I suppose you could run the old raids again and hope for them to drop again if you're talking about raid gear.

Old currencies can be traded to the Speaker for motes and glimmer freely at this point.

E92 M3

It always cracks me ups that randoms can barely do a CoO and some still want matchmaking for raids. Hopefully matchmaking for raids will never be brought up again.

An in-game LFG would be much better.

I haven't seen the other raid weapons but I'm disappointed with the fusion and pulse. I've already used the fusion to infuse my 1000 yard stare and I'm heavily leaning towards putting this pulse towards one of my gunsmith weapons tomorrow (assuming they are 290 and I like them) or Suros Y2. My Apple of Discord I got from the freaking Vanguard quests is better in almost every way.

maomaoIYP

The tier 3 is real easy. It's basically a mini crota fight.
I hammered it out like 4 times with different sets of randoms just now. My CoO quest is complete, and I've only ever gotten one tier 2 rune and no tier 3s.

Dante316

It always cracks me ups that randoms can barely do a CoO and some still want matchmaking for raids. Hopefully matchmaking for raids will never be brought up again.

An in-game LFG would be much better.

1000% agreed, people are quitting on Heroic strikes, what good will matchmaking do on a raid that requires communication.

Top Bottom