• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT31| The Courted Oryx (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

Strider

So I completed the "building the frame" portion of the Eris questline for the Malice. Didn't get the next step in the quest tho. I guess getting all 45 fragments is what triggers the questline? Thought the questline would just continue by telling me I needed to return with 45...

off topic rant -

i hate my mom. i don't want to and i shouldn't but i really fucking cannot stand her. I moved my PS4 away from my brother this morning so I wouldn't wake him up while I played. I wasn't making any noise but she randomly shuts the whole power grid off because she doesn't like me playing while he's sleeping. He has absolutely no problem with it and i have a hard time believing the clicking of the controller is driving her up a wall, so the only explanation is that she's running out of reasons to piss me off in the mornings.

I moved in with her during the spring while i got personal stuff sorted out. The first day she was all excited and nice and "motherly" and I thought "eh, i missed this thing maybe this will be a good change of pace."

lolnope.

Literally the day after she's been at my throat ever since - mostly for the absolute dumbest shit conceivable. Meanwhile, she's the most obnoxious, unaware hypocrite i have ever met; the kind of person who has their mind made up about everything and everyone before she even knows anything about it. The very definition of "pot calling the kettle black". It's even worse because I'm bipolar and I have a constant trigger in my ears every single day. This is not healthy, but every [obvious] alternative is impractical at this point.

/1stworldproblems

Any part of the house you can make your own? As a parent, the dumbest stuff can engage us.
I'd look for a basement, or garage, or even a shed that you can weatherize a bit. Just need ectricity, an air conditioner, and a space heater.

So I completed the "building the frame" portion of the Eris questline for the Malice. Didn't get the next step in the quest tho. I guess getting all 45 fragments is what triggers the questline? Thought the questline would just continue by telling me I needed to return with 45...

Correct. I noticed this about some of the exotic quests. Different things trigger them at different times. It's a little confusing, but I've noticed they are really going for discovery in TTK more so than anything else.

ocean

Banned
No, it just triggers steps at different Fragment thresholds.

First she'll ask you to do the Rasputin bunker mission, then Undying Mind and then Fear's Embrace, each time killing a specific Taken major.

Getting her to give you these steps depends on finding Fragments though. I just need 5 more and they're all at the Court of Oryx

Strider

Correct. I noticed this about some of the exotic quests. Different things trigger them at different times. It's a little confusing, but I've noticed they are really going for discovery in TTK more so than anything else.

No, it just triggers steps at different Fragment thresholds.

First she'll ask you to do the Rasputin bunker mission, then Undying Mind and then Fear's Embrace, each time killing a specific Taken major.

Getting her to give you these steps depends on finding Fragments though. I just need 5 more and they're all at the Court of Oryx

Cool, thanks.

I think I have 13 fragments at the moment. Hopefuly it doesn't take that long. I have to put the quest on hold for today but hopefully I can finish it tomorrow morning.

ocean

Banned
Oh, so the rank was the issue.
I mean the game doesn't tell you but several people in the thread have told me they for it instantly the moment they hit rank 3 so I'm hoping it works.

Her bounty this week is the same as last (Skywatch champion + Taken Lieutenants). 1k Rep total between those bounties

I haven't seen the other raid weapons but I'm disappointed with the fusion and pulse. I've already used the fusion to infuse my 1000 yard stare and I'm heavily leaning towards putting this pulse towards one of my gunsmith weapons tomorrow (assuming they are 290 and I like them) or Suros Y2. My Apple of Discord I got from the freaking Vanguard quests is better in almost every way.
Wow really? This fusion rifle absolutely destroys things. Especially taken due to the bonus damage to taken perk.

that sucks. i cannot believe she would do that just to let him sleep. tell her to buy him some damn earplugs.

the dude is snoring like a centurion - he wouldn't hear a tornado pass by.

it's not just something minor like games - i can't go half an hour without being scolded or restricted or having my shit messed with. like she's trying to cram all the parenting from the years i didn't live with her into the time she thinks she still has. i don't understand how she can claim everyone is an idiot (believe me she does this often) and yet be so oblivious to how insufferable she is. the only time we ever see eye to eye is when i end up self harming and she freaks out, but then after panic mode goes down she'll go on about "spanking me" if I get depressed again. fuck off with that noise.

that sucks. i cannot believe she would do that just to let him sleep. tell her to buy him some damn earplugs.

Any part of the house you can make your own? As a parent, the dumbest stuff can engage us.
I'd look for a basement, or garage, or even a shed that you can weatherize a bit. Just need ectricity, an air conditioner, and a space heater.

yea like a 4x4 corner. it's a 1 bedroom loft and my brother and i are upstairs. sound echoes a lot but i know how to manage the noise. If anyone isn't getting any sleep it's me.

FyreWulff

Knowing similar family situations, she's probably got a certain personality disorder and the brother is the 'golden child' (whether the brother accepts it or not). Very frustrating personality to deal with.

DjRalford

I mean the game doesn't tell you but several people in the thread have told me they for it instantly the moment they hit rank 3 so I'm hoping it works.

Her bounty this week is the same as last (Skywatch champion + Taken Lieutenants). 1k Rep total between those bounties

I was only half way rank 2 when she gave me mine, so it can't be tied to rank, definitely tied to something but not rank.

ocean

Banned
Cool, thanks.

I think I have 13 fragments at the moment. Hopefuly it doesn't take that long. I have to put the quest on hold for today but hopefully I can finish it tomorrow morning.
There's 1 Fragment you won't be able to get for some weeks (last week's Tier 3 Court of Oryx chest), and there's a few in the Raid.

Then there's also the Scent chest which requires speed running some invisible platforms, one you get from opening your first "named" chest on the Dreadnaught, and 4 different boss combinations on Tier 2 CoO (requires you to trigger the event).

The rest are all stuff you can easily grab from patrol or a mission/strike without too much trouble.

Do note that one step requires beating the Raid and giving Eris 50 Hadium. It's a really long ducking quest :p

Do 3oC drop from Heroics? Or are you saying it's a chance to use them?

It's great to use them. Having an exotic pop out of a boss at the end of a strike is the best part of TTK. Unfortunately I like doing the strikes when I can't chat because my wife or the kids are going on about stuff, so I don't party up for them too often. I may start doing "no mic" runs with friends just to avoid the dropping players.

<3

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
If its true I have to give up my legendary one...I'm not that excited LOL.
Yeah this is so totally uncool. Being able to use a sword alongside my choice of Exotic is soooo much fun.

I might get one exotic and keep the other two legendary. Bleg.
It's great to use them. Having an exotic pop out of a boss at the end of a strike is the best part of TTK. Unfortunately I like doing the strikes when I can't chat because my wife or the kids are going on about stuff, so I don't party up for them too often. I may start doing "no mic" runs with friends just to avoid the dropping players.

<3
I'm always happy to run no-mic stuff for the easier content when people need or prefer it. GAFfers seem much better than randoms at realizing wen I'm trying to indicate something to them nonverbally, too XD

This one random at CoO last night... agh....

oh, there is more steps?

damn, what are they if you know? SPOILERS!

Sure.
"No one’s actually done this yet, but dataminers who sifted through the game’s data discovered that players must defeat both Adleg, Warden of Oryx and Alak-Hul, the Darkblade under 30 seconds. You can find them in the Strike." The strike is level 300.

Strider

There's 1 Fragment you won't be able to get for some weeks (last week's Tier 3 Court of Oryx chest), and there's a few in the Raid.

Then there's also the Scent chest which requires speed running some invisible platforms, one you get from opening your first "named" chest on the Dreadnaught, and 4 different boss combinations on Tier 2 CoO (requires you to trigger the event).

The rest are all stuff you can easily grab from patrol or a mission/strike without too much trouble.

Do note that one step requires beating the Raid and giving Eris 50 Hadium. It's a really long ducking quest :p

I already turned in the 50 flakes and have beaten the raid.
I need 2 fragments from the raid though... The ones on the second jumping puzzle. But I have the Golgoroth checkpoint so I can get them pretty easy I think.

Knowing similar family situations, she's probably got a certain personality disorder and the brother is the 'golden child' (whether the brother accepts it or not). Very frustrating personality to deal with.

sounds about right.

i can't stand unnecessary drama. there is absolutely no reason for any of this stress but apparently internalizing it isn't working.

ocean

Banned
I was only half way rank 2 when she gave me mine, so it can't be tied to rank, definitely tied to something but not rank.
I did every single Vanguard, Eris, Petra and Variks quests (Taken War, Wolves on Mars, Lost and Found, Blighted Words). There's just nothing more I could do with Petra, there aren't any quests she hasn't given me.

noomi

Monte Carlo has come an awfully long way as hell. Simply put it's a completely viable gun in King's Fall and PvP.

That's good to hear, I actually have the year 2 version of it. Never really got to play around with it in year 1, so I will definitely be checking it out soon :D

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
The cover areas change (as does his crit spot) as the fight goes through its various phases. If you have a void special weapon, though, you can wreck him in seconds (in the Nightfall this week).

Yeah we finally got ourselves positioned right and held out supers until he went into his final form (this isn't even my final form!!!).
I locked him up with my bow and we unleashed the fury of rockets and Telesto's into him and he was done quick.
The first third of that battle is nuts until you get comfortable with the space restrictions.

>Defeat Adleg, Warden of Oryx, and then Alak-Hul, the Darkblade, within 30 seconds to seal your *NAME*
>Speak to Lord Shaxx

Sure.
"No one’s actually done this yet, but dataminers who sifted through the game’s data discovered that players must defeat both Adleg, Warden of Oryx and Alak-Hul, the Darkblade under 30 seconds. You can find them in the Strike." The strike is level 300.

FML.........

Top Bottom