• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT31| The Courted Oryx (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

SpecX

Is it just me, or is MM broken in the strike playlist? It's really hard getting a streak going since it's only once repopulate a dropped random. Last night someone dropped at the very start of a strike and myself and the other random two manned it. At the end when the boss was right at 1-3% I saw a message appear that a new guy joined. Such rage followed.

I've noticed this as well. Pre-TTK if someone dropped, there would be a replacement within a couple minutes. With TTK, I've run multiple strikes with no replacement till the very end if at all, even after multiple deaths.

Got the raid pulse, sniper, and gloves.

Sniper is bloody amazing.

Pulse is very solid but the stability is a little lacking on mine. Wish I had gotten the auto. Oh well, not like I won't complete this thing 50 times over the next few months. Let's remember that TTK has only been out a week. The drops will come.

Navy Bean

I'm not enjoying all of the "plz be 295+" requests that you see everywhere on the internet now to do the end of the Raid. I get that being higher level helps, but I'd much rather have a 290 on my team with a 290+ 1000 Yard Sniper who hit's all their crits, than a 295 with a 300 1000 Yard who misses half their shots any day of the week. Especially since getting from 290 to 295 without doing the Raid is a huge long boring grindest.

I'm 292 with a 298 1000-YS and jumped into an Oryx group last night (my first raid experience in TTK). I was terrible, but to me it wasn't a damage problem, more that there are a bunch of little mechanics to remember. None of them are hard on their own, but they do add up.

That said, our biggest issue was that we couldn't reliably
stagger Oryx
and I was the lowest member in the group.

Somnia

I'm not enjoying all of the "plz be 295+" requests that you see everywhere on the internet now to do the end of the Raid. I get that being higher level helps, but I'd much rather have a 290 on my team with a 290+ 1000 Yard Sniper who hit's all their crits, than a 295 with a 300 1000 Yard who misses half their shots any day of the week. Especially since getting from 290 to 295 without doing the Raid is a huge long boring grindest.

Joys of MMO's in general everyone wants the "best" to do it gear wise. I know people who did the raid under 290 and completed it. It's just like when people required the Gal to go on raids.

LiK

lol, is that the new LFG request? I knew they wouldn't let me down.

E92 M3

So I've been killing knights and wizard for a while now, but I still can't get a wormsinger rune to drop. How are most of you guys getting the runes? And where?

The drop rate is stupidly low lol.

No matter how hard Bungie tries, there will always be gear discrimination. Just the nature of society in general.

Nirran

Not sure if anyone has noticed it yet but seems like the Wormfeeder Rune is a weekly thing. I was in Hull Breach getting a charge for my rune when someone started the event. I helped and one dropped again allowing me to open another chest. I only got a CoO item, wormspore and an engram though.

If anyone needs a 292 warlock for the raid today I would be up for it. Haven't done it yet nor read up on it so blind if possible. I'll just be leveling my alt in the mean time. Psn Nirran.

stb

I think it's that Engrams that appear decoded in the game world are not sent to postmaster.

E.g. if you try to collect a special weapon engram, but your inventory is full for that slot, if it says "[special weapon name]" on the right, it will not be at postmaster. If it says that it's an ENGRAM, it will be at postmaster.

Can someone confirm?

I definitely have named, decoded blue items from Court in my postmaster. Just maybe not all of them.

I have had named weapons arrive in my postmaster.

Anecdotal, but I've had non-encoded items from court of oryx show up at my postmaster.

Just to summarize, my theory thoroughly debunked. As of right now, I'm not aware of any theories about why sometimes CoO engrams left on the floor are not sent to postmaster.

sounds like CoO is the best palce to get ghosts and artifacts. going to have to hit that up this week, Im 294 now and would like to be 295 so I can try a raid with everyone. my ghost is keeping me back

noomi

sounds like CoO is the best palce to get ghosts and artifacts. going to have to hit that up this week, Im 294 now and would like to be 295 so I can try a raid with everyone. my ghost is keeping me back

Yup, just do a few rounds of it and you'll be swimming in them.

I unfortunately am having everything decrypt into the 260-280 range.

jaaz

What? 294 is more than fine for the raid. Who's saying you need to be 295? Those stupid LFG posts?

SpecX

Thread moves fast and maybe this has already been answered, did anyone else receive an email from Bungie about a welcome emblem awaiting at the postmaster? Won't be home for a few more hours to see what it is.

LiK

Thread moves fast and maybe this has already been answered, did anyone else receive an email from Bungie about a welcome emblem awaiting at the postmaster? Won't be home for a few more hours to see what it is.

I got one. probably just rewards for playing TTK.

noomi

Yuppers, curious to see what it looks like. I wasn't expecting any extra emblems from them so this is a nice little surprise :)

Strider

What? B294 is more than fine for the raid. Who's saying you need to be 295? Those stupid LFG posts?

I've seen posts even in this thread where people only want 295+... Pretty ridiculous really

I can see it now....

"Who's up for Heroic Raid? light 310 with Touch of Malice pls"

So just in case not everyone caught on, the Touch of Malice is full auto. Yeah. This thing is going to absolutely destroy in [Raid Spoilers]
the deathsingers and oryx
sections of the raid.

Top Bottom