• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT31| The Courted Oryx (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I'm not enjoying all of the "plz be 295+" requests that you see everywhere on the internet now to do the end of the Raid. I get that being higher level helps, but I'd much rather have a 290 on my team with a 290+ 1000 Yard Sniper who hit's all their crits, than a 295 with a 300 1000 Yard who misses half their shots any day of the week. Especially since getting from 290 to 295 without doing the Raid is a huge long boring grindest.

Yeah but you don't know beforehand that someone is going to miss half their shots. If you have to choose between 2 players, one who is 290 and one who is 295, and that's all you know about them, then, absent any other factor, why would you choose the 290 when DPS clearly matters in the fight?

FWIW, we staggered him multiple times with someone dead, so I don't 295 is a hard requirement at all.

LTWood12

I've seen posts even in this thread where people only want 295+... Pretty ridiculous really

I can see it now....

"Who's up for Heroic Raid? light 310 with Touch of Malice pls"

While I understand the push back against posts like 'please be at least 295', I understand if someone who has spent countless hours on an encounter wants the best chance possible to get it done. I've yet to jump in, and am sitting at 291. I'd like to jump in but will probably try and get a tad higher.

noomi

I might have asked this earlier... but it's been a long day.

Is the touch of mailice always a 310 weapon?

I'm afraid if I finish the quest as a sub level 300, I will get the 290 version :(

Deku Tree

10 marks per win works.

What? If you win in Zone control then you get 10 marks over and over again?

Funny but TTK is only a week old and I am already at the point where I don't really care about marks at all.... I really feel very little need for building them up right now.

I'm afraid if I finish the quest as a sub level 300, I will get the 290 version :(

I was 299 and it came as 310 for me. I believe Liquid's and Nami's came as 310 too.

vctor182

Is there a raid party for tonight at around 10 PM? I can be 295 with my blues or be 292 with better gear.

Are the raid gear 300+ light?

Namikaze1

My Malice is the only thing keeping me in the 300 range. I need a raid heavy or special weapon. Maybe chest, gauntlets, helmet, or the class item. Or the ghost...

You know what. I just need all of them.

Guaranteed 310. I was 297 when I got mine.

phen0m24

Guys from last night + Wood - we getting together tonight for additional shenanigans?

CoO?
KF?

Rawr shout out for your help last night

TG went to bed we were denied his Yoda-ness :p

Dude I hope you can work things out satisfactorily with mom. I know it sucks but she's family. Maybe a "Mom I'm really trying here and really trying to understand where you're coming from - please help me" conversation might work - but everyone is different. If you need me you know where I am.

FinKL

Yep Zone Control Wins give +10 Legendary Marks on win in addition to the +15 from Daily Crucible

Get to farming!

EDIT Dang, just saw the only 3x thing, o well better than nothing

Most of what I've read here is not "constructive" criticism, but simply criticism.

The "constructive" part of that phrase means that you provide meaningful solutions or suggestions. Not just "this is bad."
Saying something negative is helpful no matter. I can understand if my wording were poor but most people know me, I alway try to help out whenever and I alway hated being forced under level to make things "hard" since crota. Someone else posted their opinion and I agreed with them. I thought it was well typed. But guess in the end it was bitching on how I couldn't perform it flawless.

Meh tired with this shit. Can't say anything negative I guess without bitching so I am out. Not gonna spend my time which I have def wasted a lot helping people out, if I can't say my opinions.

P.s assuming you meant me since I was the most vocal with the least amount of feedback beside agreeing with them.

LTWood12

Guys from last night + Wood - we getting together tonight for additional shenanigans?

CoO?
KF?

Rawr shout out for your help last night

TG went to bed we were denied his Yoda-ness :p

Dude I hope you can work things out satisfactorily with mom. I know it sucks but she's family. Maybe a "Mom I'm really trying here and really trying to understand where you're coming from - please help me" conversation might work - but everyone is different. If you need me you know where I am.

I'm TBD. Would love to, but RL may have other plans.

Namikaze1

I uh don't remember ever getting the From Here, The Stars emblem. Is that the emblem folks are talking about or is it the Star Antigen emblem?

Both are available for me to pick up. Just never seen the former.

Top Bottom