• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT31| The Courted Oryx (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

ethomaz

Banned
Zone Control: Heard Gothalion say it was only 10 marks for each of the first 3 wins.
It is true.

No more coins for me... 3 wins already... the 4th win give me nothing (finished few seconds ago).

Edit - The PVPers playing right now is all noobs lol you can win 3 times in a row easily.

Dead

well not really...yet
Got my first legendary chest engram in crucible (zone control weekly) since I started playing again late last week. Decoded and got an Exotic Alpha Lupi. First exotic armor piece :D

Kssio_Aug

Ur probably playing it wrong. TTK subclass is an orb generating monster, void grenade can make your party invisible and among other things tethered opponents explode! Give it some more playtime. I follow this thread way too much lol I should post more

I meant the main granade. The one with a horizontal area of effect.
I think this class my work out better in a team.

The grenades are pretty weak, I go with the voidwall grenade because it seems like the best option of the three.

Nightstalker in general is a fantastic subclass though. The void bow is amazing for cleaning up mobs & for doing extra damage on bosses. Shadestep is a lifesaver. Keen Scout perk is really handy for hunting down chests and materials. Vanish in Smoke is incredlbe. I personally really enjoy Nightstalker, it's alot of fun to play with.

I'll give it more chances! =)

Shito

I meant the main granade. The one with a horizontal area of effect.
I think this class my work out better in a team.
It shines with a team, but it's also really good when you're on your own.
The super allows you to solo entire groups of majors in strikes.

MrDaravon

Damn, I just bought the Y2 Suros, wish I'd seen all of this DO Scout Rifle talk first. Ah well, it'll be there when I get back up to 150 marks sooner rather than later.

I can't believe how OP shotguns still are in PvP, after an entire year of tuning. 95% of all my deaths are shotguns, every single one of them ,one shot kill from full armor, full health, not even close to point blank. Great job Bungie.

Ye-up... this is why i mostly stay out of the Crucible. Shit is completely trash. I'd be happy if they just straight up removed the whole damn class and eventually replaced them with a SMG class. Pfff, shotguns...

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
Can somebody with experience come rescue my idiot squad on Atheon in VoG? Friend me please UncivilDKizzle

Klyka

Banned
This is hilarious. Seeing posts on LFG asking for 300 for the raid.

How much more pathetic can you get.

Well we did have a guy from LFG who insisted we give him a certain raid checkpoint before he would join us for Oryx.
So basically he was trying to get "paid" for his "mercenary work" XD

E92 M3

This is hilarious. Seeing posts on LFG asking for 300 for the raid.

How much more pathetic can you get.

Great way to identify scrubs.

Seems like Touch of Malice being classified broke Tower Ghost for me. So frustrated. At this point TG is fundamental to Destiny.

How did you get it ? I'm still stuck with my 280 vanguard ghost :( I would've been 297 if I had a decent ghost.

CoO is the best way to get a higher level ghost.

Most of what I've read here is not "constructive" criticism, but simply criticism.

The "constructive" part of that phrase means that you provide meaningful solutions or suggestions. Not just "this is bad."

Criticism is good. Complaining isn't. I haven't heard one person just simply say "this is bad" about the raid.

"Unconstructive" criticism is "This sucks!" or "F--- Bungie!"

"Constructive" criticism is analyzing the raid and discussing how certain encounters and mechanics work. What we like and don't like. Which is what we've been doing.

We are have ZERO obligations to provide solutions. As a general rule I think designers should listen to users when they say something is broken and ignore them when they say how to fix it.

Discussion today has been great across the board. To those like me who want a more flexible raid that's still challenging, and those who praise the current mechanical difficulty and the exhilaration of finally nailing that 5 minutes of a perfect run. I'm loving getting everyone's perspectives on raids and encounters and what they like about them and don't like them.

r/destinythegame is the other big Destiny hub I feel and it's a tremendous resource, but it isn't DGAF. There's no raid philosophy discussion there. This is where DGAF shines, in my opinion. A intelligent, skilled community.

Edit: I was away from my desk for a while and came back hit submit on this post. Now see it's replying to something like 6 pages ago. Sorry.

rc213

Anyone running a Raid around 3-4PST? Looking to go into the raid for the first, Got bumped from a spot in a game. 293 Light Titan.

Otherwise I'll be doing CoO, Have a bunch of level 1 and a couple Level 2 if anyone needs those.

Tecnniqe

Banned
Haha. Already? Amazing.

LFG Oryx CP HM NEED ToM LightLevel 305 MIN!

CPiANHbWcAAt_6k.jpg:large

I can do pubbies raids nao!

MrDaravon

So despite having done most of the Raid, being 294 light etc I'd been really focused on knocking out all of the Quests and stuff and I actually hadn't done a single Dreadnaught Patrol, so I only vaugely knew what was up with the CoO stuff.

IT'S FUCKING AWESOME

I rolled over there by accident following markers for my first patrol mission, there was 5 dudes already there and we did I think a tier 2 rune once then three tier 3 runes. Fucking rad. I still don't really understand all of the various rune stuff and I'll need to read up on this, but it was fucking great. I got the second half of the medallion or whatever from doing it which I think I needed to unlock the actual CoO questline from Eris for the artifact right?

So despite having done most of the Raid, being 294 light etc I'd been really focused on knocking out all of the Quests and stuff and I actually hadn't done a single Dreadnaught Patrol, so I only vaugely knew what was up with the CoO stuff.

IT'S FUCKING AWESOME

I rolled over there by accident following markers for my first patrol mission, there was 5 dudes already there and we did I think a tier 2 rune once then three tier 3 runes. Fucking rad. I still don't really understand all of the various rune stuff and I'll need to read up on this, but it was fucking great. I got the second half of the medallion or whatever from doing it which I think I needed to unlock the actual CoO questline from Eris for the artifact right?

Yep, CoO is one of the best additions in TTK.

Shito

IT'S FUCKING AWESOME

CoO rocks.
The medallion thing is for the Petra quest, for that exotic scout.

Top Bottom