• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT31| The Courted Oryx (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

Lnkn52

lol

Get ready for that patch.

Move over to the Gate Lord people.

Edit: Top of Page:

Raid Boys... You READY?!

GafOpen_Gif.gif

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Looking for 3 for a blind Kings Fall raid at launch or shortly after.

1. Cosmos_Man (Me)
2. Kilau
3. hydruxxo

Please reply and I will add to it as we go. We are all 287+ light. So looking for at least 285

I could be down for that. Dont' think i'm going to get a chance to raid later like planned :\

jaaz

You know, this could be a devilish way for Bungie to reduce the player's strange coin stockpiles. Perhaps some exotics are not on the 3oC loot table and Bungie doesn't care that you get them--or how many you get. I can't imagine they wouldn't have foreseen this after the loot cave.

Definity

1. Cosmos_Man (Me)
2. Kilau
3. hydruxxo

Please reply and I will add to it as we go. We are all 287+ light. So looking for at least 285

I'm at 291 but only have a little over 2 hours to play when it launches. :(
If you need a standby I can fill in but would not want to take the spot from someone who can commit the rest of the day to it.

I could be down for that. Dont' think i'm going to get a chance to raid later like planned :\

Added the two of you to the list! Just need 1 more!

1. Cosmos_Man (Me)
2. Kilau
3. hydruxxo
4. Bitsurugi
5. Chur
6. commish

Final roster!!!

I'm leaving work in 30 minutes and will make a party as soon as I get home.

Only gonna pick up 40 3ofCs and use them once I get home from work as I'm already low on Strange Coins. Assuming this isn't hotfixed when the raid drops.

Kal_El

Ok so i'm at work watching Gothalion on twitch and he's doing what I believe is the daily mission which is the Kell is the room with his chair (forgot the name) but what he's doing is damaging him until he's low health and then using a rocket launcher up close killing the Kell and himself. He's still getting rewards and xp for the kill but then gets to start immediately at the fight again. He just got an exotic engram....

Jafku

Ok so i'm at work watching Gothalion on twitch and he's doing what I believe is the daily mission which is the Kell is the room with his chair (forgot the name) but what he's doing is damaging him until he's low health and then using a rocket launcher up close killing the Kell and himself. He's still getting rewards and xp for the kill but then gets to start immediately at the fight again.
Exotic engram farm

matmanx1

Dying over and over feels like an exploit. I'm not doing that. I did pop a couple of 3oC and go and kill Draksis once and he dropped an exotic engram which turned into Jade Rabbit. I'm ok with this.

I may go back and re-run that mission later for another chance. Or I may not. I'm feeling pretty blessed already with the Empyrean Bellicose helm from Xur and now the Jade Rabbit from Draksis. Not a bad morning's work.

Trickster

4 exotics from 35 coins...bleh

only weapon I got was the sniper Hereafter, which I have no idea if is any good, it's thing about being better when crouching seems fucking retarded to me.

Got Ruin Wings and Crest of Alpha Lupi at least.

Ok so i'm at work watching Gothalion on twitch and he's doing what I believe is the daily mission which is the Kell is the room with his chair (forgot the name) but what he's doing is damaging him until he's low health and then using a rocket launcher up close killing the Kell and himself. He's still getting rewards and xp for the kill but then gets to start immediately at the fight again. He just got an exotic engram....

That's what almost every post in this thread today has been about

I'm trying to think of how they'd patch this method, and I can't think of a reason. Maybe a cooldown for 3oC?
Most likely this:

If they patch ToC to only work off strike bosses instead of story mode ultras (as opposed to just putting them on a timer) I wouldn't even be upset. Dramatic decrease in the speed with which you can acquire exotics but it doesn't actually nerf the functionality of the item.

FeD.nL

Ugh, i'm so dumb. Was trying to upgrade my weapons using motes, clicked X thinking that was the location of my Motes.. discarded all my weapon parts -.-'. Need to pay attention.

Shito

A lucky friend of mine currently farming Draksis got 4 exotic engrams out of 11 ToC used.
3 of them were helmets, though.

Top Bottom