• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT31| The Courted Oryx (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

PuMa

To the people who said Fear's Embrace was soloable:

Join on me and prove it. Fuck this mission. Holy shit.

I did it solo. Had to wipe a couple of times at the
echo
kill, but I didn't think it was too bad. You just have to find a couple of safe spots to recover. Plus I had a titan bubble. #titanmasterclass

At work now or else I'd join ya.

purg3

slept with Malkin
I did it. Kill adds, shoot boss, repeat. Keep moving all the time. Pay attention to that slow moving orb taken centurions shoot. That thing killed me a few times. You can shoot it down.

I killed everything with my beloved zhalo. But i reckon a sniper would be nice to shoot the boss.

I read something about a cheese spot though.

yeah the little room you go through to get to the arena area. Jump down and trigger the echo then jump back up into it. Don't even need to move. Just kill the adds as they get in front of the doorway and then snipe or HMG the echo. Repeat.

Ophelion

Titan bubble, back corner from little room + sniper/HMG = easy mode.

Pretty much what I did with my Warlock too except when the adds piled up I activated Storm Trance to burn them all off again, then just returned to Oryx sniping from my foxhole. Got it in 2-3 tries.

Edit: oh, wait are you guys talking about the mega hard version for that exotic, lol haven't done that yet.

Most of them are on Patrols and easy, though time consuming, to find with a video guide. A few are mission and Strike specific. The Court of Oryx ones will be the "hardest" since you have to rely on RNG for specific pairs of bosses to spawn in T2 and kill them for the Fragment. Also the T3 bosses are on a Weekly rotating schedule and they drop Fragments as well. The Raid fragments might be "difficult" to get if you don't have a group that's willing to look for them with you.

Oh man I liked it better when weapons were just random ass drops. This is just mindless busy work.

Whoyouare

Couple questions: can exotic engrams drop without the 3 of coins?

Also anyone want to get a kings fall raid going for 8:00 eastern?

Psn: manicstreet

I asked this last page but where can I farm? All quests that provided marks will work?

after you have earned them via quests, dailies and weeklies, the only other thing you can do is farm legendaries via crucible or strike playlist and break em down. Not including the ones from the specific quests you receive as the game progresses you can earn today

15 daily crucible
15 daily heroic
30 weekly heroic (10x3)
30 weekly crucible (10x3)

but as you do these activities your going to get gear you would have otherwise spent the marks on anyway.

LiK

after you have earned them via quests, dailies and weeklies, the only other thing you can do is farm legendaries via crucible or strike playlist and break em down. Not including the ones from the specific quests you receive as the game progresses you can earn today

15 daily crucible
15 daily heroic
30 weekly heroic (10x3)
30 weekly crucible (10x3)

but as you do these activities your going to get gear you would have otherwise spent the marks on anyway.

Thanks. I rarely get purples so no wonder it's taking me forever.

ocean

Banned
Me too. I'm not a fan of all of these exotic quests.
That's surprising to hear.

Having someone play 2 days and get a Hawkmoon and then having Noomi grind 8 months and a 300 Strike session just go get it seemed ridiculous to me.

At the end of the day everybody had everything if they played enough but there was no real way of making an effort for something you wanted for most stuff.

Like, the quest for an Exotic sword just got hyper annoying. I don't care enough to do it. Had these been the steps for something I did want, like Ace of Spades, I'd have been happy that acquiring it was something I controlled and not dependent on luck.

I decided yesterday I wanted Touch of Malice and I'm currently using and loving this strange beast. Without the quest setup, I'd be left wishing and seeing others use it.

Anyone you see with Touch of Malice has:
- Completed the campaign
- Done Tier 1, 2 and 3 Court of Oryx
- Completed the Raid
- Visited every nook and cranny of the Dreadnaught
- Opened special puzzle chests in the Dreadnaught
- Done special events like Skyburners pass or Wormfeeder or Agonarch rune

The weapon - and its attending emblem and PSN trophy - are a badge that shows you've experienced everything (or most of) TTK brought to the table.

The Chaperone quest was a feat of PvP skill coupled with PvE skill - having it means you performed at a high level even if it meant leaving your comfort zone.

Boolean Gemini rewards you for getting into the optional side campaign. Taken War, Wolves on Mars and even a little Court of Oryx - you end all this optional content with something to show for it.

Ultimately, the weapons are available to all and it's just a test of skill and "how bad do you want it", which I think is way cooler than "yay NF # 127 finally gave me ____".

Ambitious

You know you're gonna have a great time in Zone Control when four of your five team mates run past the control zone right next to the initial spawn point just to fight enemies.

How come?

The matches are long and boring. They rarely feel competitive, either your team has two or theirs does. The screen is also constantly plagued by score updates. It also relies to heavily on randoms knowing how to play the objectives. It would probably be more fun with a GAF train but from what I've seen it's pretty boring to solo.

Tecnniqe

Banned
Connection errors, the bane of every Raid run.

image.php

Baboon error, get it, cause mo..

I'll leave now.

R0ckman

I think it would be interesting in elimination matches if they could implement some way to turn off communication over the mic if you die.

So, the PS Exclusive Strike wasnt just and afterthought, it was actually pretty good. Thanks Bungie.

Too bad Xboxers need to wait a ywar to try it.

Top Bottom