• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT31| The Courted Oryx (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

i think we might be getting overly frustrated with the quests because as soon as we get them we rush to complete them ASAP

I'm sure bungie intended more that people might spend a little bit of time with them every day kind of thing

i mean the expansion has barely been out a week and most of the exotics have been gotten by people already..

Ophelion

Not for me. I much preferred it without the quests. Some quests are fine, I guess, but there should be more random drops.

The best happy medium that I see is the best of both worlds: every exotic gun gets a quest, but they are also on the loot tables. People like me that prefer quests can get them that way and people that prefer to cower before the malefic will of RNG for some reason can do it theirs.

Worst case scenario: people end up with a few extra exotic shards.

Baliis

Not for me. I much preferred it without the quests. Some quests are fine, I guess, but there should be more random drops.

I agree that there aren't enough that are random. There's like what, 3 weapons? Not including the year 2 version of year one guns anyways. There's no excitement from most of my exotic engrams I got since most of them were old gear.

They really need to fix the quests you're doing on the world map. If you're doing multiple it's confusing as fuck. I see a bunch of flashing purple triangles with no idea which is for which quest unless I go look in the quests screen.

All they really need to do is add which quest it is when you hover over it on the world map.

Seil

I'm hanging out at Rocketyard, waiting for Stirok, Banner of Oryx to appear. No other guardians are here, so I either can't find the Taken lieutenants in time, or I can't beat Stirok by myself. Feel free to join on me! PSN is legilimens.

I'll join ya, but would you help me with the one in Skywatch afterward? Need that for my Petra bounty.

Anyone doing Nightfall on PSN? I hardly ever do it but there's a quest step I need. I don't know how hard it is but I usually die a lot and have no mic. Enticing I know. If I can join anyone though let me know. I'm a 289 hunter.

They really need to fix the quests you're doing on the world map. If you're doing multiple it's confusing as fuck. I see a bunch of flashing purple triangles with no idea which is for which quest unless I go look in the quests screen.

All they really need to do is add which quest it is when you hover over it on the world map.

Use tracking feature

Namikaze1

One more for a fresh raid run. Prefer folks who know the mechanics for each encounter and 295+. Also, I personally would like a fellow Titan to join me.

Edit: nevermind. Afro got it covered.

Shito

i think we might be getting overly frustrated with the quests because as soon as we get them we rush to complete them ASAP

I'm sure bungie intended more that people might spend a little bit of time with them every day kind of thing

i mean the expansion has barely been out a week and most of the exotics have been gotten by people already..
Yeah, this.
We are bitching that this quest or this other one is too much about mindless farming when they are supposed to be done "organically" while playing the game. Like the flakes. Or the CoO completions. Or the fragments.
We are hardcore so we want everything *now*, which makes these quests a bit of a bore, but when you think about it they are not that complicated when all it takes for very dedicated gamers to get them is only to grind for a few hours.
If anything, would it have been me there would be more things like the argonach runes... :D

Lnkn52

Fuck yeah. Now I'm ready for the raid today lol

12052541_10152995786037680_1491052290613443295_o.jpg

Thanks Zoba and Math. I owe you two for real. We can go fragment hunting for sure.
That's a great looking combo, gloves and chest piece.

ocean

Banned

Looks like I know what I'm doing for the next couple days.
It hurts you to keep firing but kill 3 enemies and you record health

I need a calculator and a few snipers for DPS comparison :p not having to reload and being full auto means sustained crit damage on this thing is savage (until you die :p)

shermas

For the faction quest that you get at level 25, you have to equip an entire set of the faction Armor to complete? Is that right? Bungie, pls.

Ophelion

It hurts you to keep firing but kill 3 enemies and you record health

I need a calculator and a few snipers for DPS comparison :p not having to reload and being full auto means sustained crit damage on this thing is savage (until you die :p)

And then you cast Radiance and blow everything up with grenades.

Cronen

Huge thanks to all the GAFfers involved in helping me finish Vault of Glass. Glad to have it done! Now to look at buying TTK collectors edition! :D

Is there a list or could someone tell me which quests are actually worth doing. I'm a 289 Hunter. So looking for better gear basically. The crap rewards quests I'll just abandon.

Quests I have are:
A Sword Reforged - I'm just waiting for armsday on this one =)
The Taken War: Earth
The Legion's Beachhead
Path of The Gunslinger
Path Of The Bladedancer
Neverending Battle
Blighted Worlds
The Old Hunger
High Value Targets
The Court Of Oryx (Is this the 300 artifact one?)
Make The Vanguard Smile (I don't know how to do overcharge 3 and don't really want to either)

Top Bottom