• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT31| The Courted Oryx (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

ocean

Banned
Is there a list or could someone tell me which quests are actually worth doing. I'm a 289 Hunter. So looking for better gear basically. The crap rewards quests I'll just abandon.

Quests I have are:
The Taken War: Earth
The Legion's Beachhead
Path of The Gunslinger
Path Of The Bladedancer
Neverending Battle
Blighted Worlds
The Old Hunger
High Value Targets
The Court Of Oryx (Is this the 300 artifact one?)
Make The Vanguard Smile (I don't know how to do overcharge 3 and don't really want to either)
Never ending Battle = 300 attack shotgun or Fusion Rifle
Court of Oryx = 300 Artifact
Make Vanguard Smile = Red Bull sparrow

You should eventually try them all though, there's a ton of story mission you'll miss out on otherwise

Never ending Battle = 300 attack shotgun or Fusion Rifle
Court of Oryx = 300 Artifact
Make Vanguard Smile = Red Bull sparrow

You should eventually try them all though, there's a ton of story mission you'll miss out on otherwise

Ok thanks. Yes I definitely will end up doing them all. I'm a completionist. I just want to do the more rewarding ones first and get all the good stuff.

ocean

Banned
it hurts you?
You fire like normal until down to 1 bullet. Then that last bullet "never ends". You can keep firing that last bullet forever, and each shot of that does 2x damage.

However, every time you fire the gun with 1 bullet left you take damage. Hold the trigger long enough and it'll kill you. You can counteract this by reloading (back to normal 1x damage) or killing 3 enemies quickly to regain health and letting you keep shooting alive.

Feels truly exotic with that risk reward game. Like how weak are you willing to get to keep getting that sustained 2x damage before you reload?

Definity

Feels truly exotic with that risk reward game. Like how weak are you willing to get to keep getting that sustained 2x damage before you reload?
Until I can't fire no more! Truly an exotic weapon. That's for sure. I need to finish my quest up later tonight and give it a go.

Our group has two spots open for
Oryx.

Experience preferred, as I don't think any of us have beaten this boss. We know the strategy though.

Oyrx down :D Big thanks to Tovarisc & Co for the painless run. Got the machine gun at Gogoloth, Class item at Sisters, used the 20 shards at Oyrx and got the Scout and Machine gun, again. After infusing Suros and my sword to 300 I'm at 296 with my 283 ghost and 287 boots holding me back

The whole things a lot easier than you'd think and Oyrx had the least wipes from Gogoloth onwards

You fire like normal until down to 1 bullet. Then that last bullet "never ends". You can keep firing that last bullet forever, and each shot of that does 2x damage.

However, every time you fire the gun with 1 bullet left you take damage. Hold the trigger long enough and it'll kill you. You can counteract this by reloading (back to normal 1x damage) or killing 3 enemies quickly to regain health and letting you keep shooting alive.

tumblr_m5tuylhJrs1rqlfp9.gif

Who decided that farming materials from planetary mats that have a 5-10% chance of dropping should be part of the exotic sword quest was a good idea? I just don't understand these kind of stupid decisions made at Bungie. Ugh.

Jetman

Jumping back into Destiny again.
Never finished Vault of Glass (tried with friends and got him down to half health but always had a weak link die when he'd port them) and would like to for completion sake. Any details on which newbie raids get run or how to que up for them if the link shows full?

Ambitious

Does anyone need to do the Shield Brothers strike for the Red Bull quest line? It's the level 40 version with a 18min time limit. It has matchmaking, but the game apparently doesn't find any other players for this one.

Baliis

Who decided that farming materials from planetary mats that have a 5-10% chance of dropping should be part of the exotic sword quest was a good idea? I just don't understand these kind of stupid decisions made at Bungie. Ugh.

The ability kills part was almost worse to me, at least I could run around and kill taken champs and shit too whole farming mats. Ability kills was just throw on my old lucky raspberry and wake the hive like 40 times until II finished, yawn.

LordofPwn

Sleeper Simulant! Lets find it DestinyGAF! i'm tired of no progress on this thing, also No Time to Explain, where's that one at too?

Need all the exotics, got Touch of Malice last night and then proceeded to fully level it up.

Damn that sounds pretty cool. Going to have to get that one eventually.

The ability kills part was almost worse to me, at least I could run around and kill taken champs and shit too whole farming mats. Ability kills was just throw on my old lucky raspberry and wake the hive like 40 times until II finished, yawn.
Yep. Same thing I did. The grind on both of those suuuuck.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I meant the main granade. The one with a horizontal area of effect.
I think this class my work out better in a team.

I'll give it more chances! =)
Well, just play what you like. :) I love all the Hunter subclasses but Nightstalker is making a case for my favorite the more I play it. Also, remember that you don't have to commit to one. You can switch whenever you want, even mid-combat if it suits the scenario. All in all it's a fantastic addition to the Hunter toolbox.

Bogeypop

What is the thing the bottom guy got? Also that's the biggest troll of a reward I've ever seen.

I believe they're Gauntlets, not sure which class. Supposedly Antiquated Runes gave you "Nightfall" equivalent rewards, but all I'd been getting are sub 300 Artifacts and I already have a 310 one.

I have the year two version. Havent tried it yet:p

Yep Truth has a Y2 version. You can check it out at the Exotic Blueprints as well.

Top Bottom