• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT31| The Courted Oryx (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

Ugh. I must be a bad luck charm. Four different groups at Oryx, no kills.

If anyone is doing Oryx later tonight, I'd REALLY like to try and kill him. I want to finish this raid!

ocean

Banned
Touch of Malice against third King's Fall boss:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=K3WdATeVI58

Yeah this is gonna get nerfed :p
Sniper does 17k crit, this does nearly 8k but fires more quickly never runs out of ammo and doesn't interrupt DPS for reloading
and the gun doesn't hurt you inside the bubble. Same for Oryx

I need to find myself a Raid group tomorrow oh man

Nonoriri

If your name is Nonoriri you have to go buy Nanami's tampons.
Also got Devouring Maw (Warlock Helm) to drop from the giant shank? Looks neat!

bitsurugi

Thx to Dhruv, Zoba, Akai, Blaze and Mupod for the clean, practicaly 1-shot Oryx kill. Soooo much easier with ppl who know what to do. Sherpaing is so hard in this raid. Almost broke Dhruv's and my back.

Guess it will get easier every week, am confident to one shot the whole raid with ppl who have run it at least once.

Just try to keep in mind, tough as it may be, that the vast majority of people playing this game are well behind you and me, let alone them ;)
I agree. I find comparing myself to the folks in the 1% of anything to be an exercise in futility. The great thing about our Destiny community is that the 1% (on on my friend's list anyway) are always there to sherpa me through tough patches or lead me through my first raid. There are those times where I get to do the same for friends who are at a lower light level than me. What goes around comes around.

Just having patrol on dreadnaught is enough. Make sure to go back to Eris and pick up the quest after you do one round so you don't waste your time.

Complete Ikora quest and Eris offers it.

Managed to get one random to help. I helped him back but I only had one Rune. I shouldn't have wasted the a runes last night lol

Ah ok thanks. I'm on the Eris quest to find 5 calcified fragments and I'll get a reciprocal rune. I already have 1. So you can only do CoO once per rune?

Definity

Touch of Malice against third King's Fall boss:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=K3WdATeVI58

Yeah this is gonna get nerfed :p
Sniper does 17k crit, this does nearly 8k but fires more quickly never runs out of ammo and doesn't interrupt DPS for reloading
and the gun doesn't hurt you inside the bubble. Same for Oryx

I need to find myself a Raid group tomorrow oh man

That's nuts. So this can be used in the same way against oryx without damaging yourself?

That's nuts. So this can be used in the same way against oryx without damaging yourself?
Yes! Its amazing!

Just finished the raid again with this weapon and its amazing! Wow i love this scout!

The raid is super easy now, took it down in maybe 10 wipes in total. Bring on hard mode

Shito

After a few days of trying out the Telesto, I switched back to the Red Death for my daily crucible, and I got matched in a team of competent players.
Shit was glorious.

Looks like the game stops rounding up your light level once you hit 290. Yesterday, I was light level 284. I calculated the average of all my light at that time to be 283.4:

Primary-290
Special-292
Heavy-277
Ghost-280
Helm-296
Arms-290
Chest-294
Legs-286
Class-285
Relic-244

After last night's Court of Oryx session and Nightfall, my light level rose to 291. However the calculated average of my equipped gear is 291.9 Here is my gear now:

Primary-290
Special-292
Heavy-283
Ghost-280
Helm-296
Arms-290
Chest-294
Legs-296
Class-298
Relic-300

So while the game was willing to give me credit for being 284 when I was actually 283.4; it keeps me at 291 even though my average is 291.9. Interested to see what others are experiencing. This would explain some of the slow-down we experience at the higher levels.
This is not entirely correct. It is not a simple average of the 10 slots, but rather a weighted average. Weapons have a weight of 12%, armor 10%, and class item, ghost and artifact 8%.

ocean

Banned
After a few days of trying out the Telesto, I switched back to the Red Death for my daily crucible, and I got matched in a team of competent players.
Shit was glorious.
People using new guns are at a disadvantage. A Messenger/Red Death + Matador/Benevolence combo still dominates but people care more about some Engram at the end of the match than winning so they don't use their old stuff.

Top Bottom