• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT31| The Courted Oryx (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

GlamFM

Banned
I´ve helped 2 newbie groups through the Vault of Glass tonight.

HOLY SHIT DOES IT FEEL SMALL ALL OF A SUDDEN!

Replaying the Vault made me appreciate Kings Fall so much more.

What an epic experience.

Fucking Destiny man!

sogood.gif

Ophelion

What an epic experience.

Fucking Destiny man!

sogood.gif

This makes me so much more jazzed for the new raid because Vault still feels like a massive space to me.

Shito

People using new guns are at a disadvantage. A Messenger/Red Death + Matador/Benevolence combo still dominates but people care more about some Engram at the end of the match than winning so they don't use their old stuff.
Yeah, had to settle on a so-so pulse rifle while trying out the Telesto for pvp (am not convinced, the delay of the needles made it so I traded more often than not... an easy source of postmortem medals though), and I clearly was feeling "gimped" in head to head primary fights.
Back to Red Death the pain is now on them. <3

ocean

Banned

What an epic experience.

Fucking Destiny man!

sogood.gif
VoG takes place in two rooms connected by Maze + jumping platform. It's just each of these areas has multiple paths and "exploration geometry" where there's nothing to find but is still cool to visit. Great, great stuff.

King's Fall is ridiculously large and epic though and we've probably just scratched the surface.

It is by far, by miles, my favorite thing in the game.

What an epic experience.

Fucking Destiny man!

sogood.gif

Well geometrically, King's Fall spans more spaces and varied locales than the Vault of Glass, but it doesn't have that much more encounters.

Vault has 2 bosses, 4 objective phases (gate, confluxes, oracles, gatekeepers) and 2 puzzles
King's Fall has
3 bosses, 3 objective phases (gate, war priest door, daughters) and 3 puzzles

Well KF is literally bigger than VoG.

Vault has 2 bosses, 4 objective phases (gate, confluxes, oracles, gatekeepers) and 2 puzzles
King's Fall has
3 bosses, 3 objective phases (gate, war priest door, daughters) and 3 puzzles

from I can tell the areas are just bigger as well. I thought the jump down to teh gorgon maze was huge and awesome,

tell I saw KF jumping puzzle

Tovarisc

Obsidian Mind is only decent exotic for raid, from warlock collection, and even that is bring over from Y1. Everything else seems so... eh and useless for PvE content, especially raid. Disappointing that all Y2 exclusive exotics are so meh.

SkylineRKR

What's the reward for completing the Last Word quest? It seems like too much of a pain to do...

Its not that bad.

Classic 6v6 has terrible players, I had not much problems getting Reign of terrors, and I'm absolutely not great. 2 games and it was done, I was surprised. Much faster than Thorn.

The next step is nice, there is no death penalty this time. I did this one in PvP as well. An excuse to dust off the Universal remote and let rip.

The final part was fun to me. Its a tense challenge but I was MM'd with very good players and we did it rather quick.

VoG takes place in two rooms connected by Maze + jumping platform. It's just each of these areas has multiple paths and "exploration geometry" where there's nothing to find but is still cool to visit. Great, great stuff.

King's Fall is ridiculously large and epic though and we've probably just scratched the surface.

It is by far, by miles, my favorite thing in the game.

I love everything up to
War Priest
and Oryx ain't so bad being overleveled. Don't care for the rest of it though, especially the
piston puzzle

TheGentleman

Neo Member
yes!!!!! Got the first part of the chaperone quest done!! and what a relief now that it's over. Is it the shotgun part next or the strike with the cabal shield brothers?

It took a while, my advice is as others have said only equip the last word when you have heavy or a super, not to mention you get a small amount if you or your team wins and you have it equipped.

Should be free to do the raid in one and a half to two hours from now, hopefully there will be groups looking for members at that time ^^

Namikaze1

I got the following from that raid run:

Fusion rifle
Shotgun
Ghost
Titan mark

Also, HOLY FUCKING SHIT!! TOUCH OF MALICE IS OP AS FUCK AGAISNT
ORYX AND HIS DAUGHTERS

SkylineRKR

yes!!!!! Got the first part of the chaperone quest done!! and what a relief now that it's over. Is it the shotgun part next or the strike with the cabal shield brothers?

It took a while, my advice is as others have said only equip the last word when you have heavy or a super, not to mention you get a small amount if you or your team wins and you have it equipped.

Should be free to do the raid in one and a half to two hours from now, hopefully there will be groups looking for members at that time ^^

Shotty is next and dying doesn't matter. Just do it in PvP imo.

Top Bottom