• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT31| The Courted Oryx (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

Jafku

So my raid group beat it in about 2 hours?
Drops:
Raid Sniper
Raid Boots
Raid Ghost Shell
Overall i'm happy, but I guess I don't understand the shards. Everyone had more than 20 and we didn't really notice getting more drops. My Warlock is finally light level 300!

Afrocious

So my raid group beat it in about 2 hours?
Drops:
Raid Sniper
Raid Boots
Raid Ghost Shell
Overall i'm happy, but I guess I don't understand the shards. Everyone had more than 20 and we didn't really notice getting more drops. My Warlock is finally light level 300!

I think they allow you a random chance at an exotic.

elohel

We ended up only needed one more Robdraggoo made it back and I promised him a spot. So I have a single spot if you want it, but I understand if you dont.

nah trying to go in with someone it's cool but if we change our mind and this is available the. I'll let you know lol sorry bout that

Ugh. I must be a bad luck charm. Four different groups at Oryx, no kills.

If anyone is doing Oryx later tonight, I'd REALLY like to try and kill him. I want to finish this raid!

I watched a video and figured out what we were doing wrong last night. I'll be running a raid tonight but it'll be from scratch

Ambitious

how nuts are they?

"Nuts" is not what I would call them. I'm quite dumbfounded, actually. They're nothing compared to the shit I went through for some of the quests.

• Win 2 Crucible matches with an individual score of at least 1500 points
  • Win 7 matches
  • Win one game in three different Crucible game modes (Control, Clash, Skirmish)
  • Earn points in any featured playlist. Crucible wins are worth 3 points. Starting a new match costs 1 point. (5 points needed)
  • Defeat 10 opposing Guardians with each Primary Weapon type (Auto Rifle, Hand Cannon, Pulse Rifle, Scout Rifle)
  • Complete all 5 of Shaxx's weekly bounties in one week

The first five give 3750 exp and 75 Crucible rep. The last one gives 5000 exp, 200 rep and "Unknown Rewards". So I guess that's the NF-like loot.

Why does the Heroic strike playlist sometimes show an Exotic engram? I've never gotten an Exotic item from them while it's appeared. After one match it disappears from the reward list thing altogether. :/

"Nuts" is not what I would call them. I'm quite dumbfounded, actually. They're nothing compared to the shit I went through for some of the quests.

• Win 7 matches
  • Win one game in three different Crucible game modes (Control, Clash, Skirmish)
  • Earn points in any featured playlist. Crucible wins are worth 3 points. Starting a new match costs 1 point. (5 points needed)
  • Defeat 10 opposing Guardians with each Primary Weapon type (Auto Rifle, Hand Cannon, Pulse Rifle, Scout Rifle)

The first five give 3750 exp and 75 Crucible rep. The last one gives 5000 exp, 200 rep and "Unknown Rewards". So I guess that's the NF-like loot.

That's...actually not too bad

ocean

Banned
Ocean, have you already done the raid today? Or planning on doing it later this week or weekend?
I'd like to do King's Fall tomorrow, once or twice. By the time I was done getting my Malice it was too late. Hope I can still find a group tomorrow! Preferably between 19h and 23h CET, this past week has wrecked my sleep. If you think this time works for you let's get a list going :)

So there are no vendor Int/Dis warlock boots, not even from FWC. This makes getting my warlock back up to speed much more difficult for me.
To be fair, Warlocks are the class where Strength comes most useful. Going 100% Int/Dis is never a great idea but especially so with Warlocks given how amazingly useful Flame Shield and Life Steal are

xir

Likely to be eaten by a grue

• Win 7 matches

wow reasonable, except maybe the primary weapon one

So what were we doing wrong?
If I remember right, our problem was staggering.

once we stagger, the floater(meaning the guy who is unassigned to running to an orb) and the relic runner need to keep shooting oryxs chest otherwise it closes and he takes no damage from the exploding orbs. Our strategy to get him to stagger was good, we just didn't get much damage on him and that's exactly why

Kssio_Aug

No one wants to help a poor noob in TTK story missions? (XB1 version)
I'm level 33. GT: CassioAug

Already have done all the bounties of the day. =(

Trakan

Does anyone know what questlines you need to do to unlock Eris' raid/artifact quest? I'm leveling an alt and would prefer to skip some missions if I could.

Any raid groups going now? I have Warpriest cp ready to go or we can start fresh. Either is fine for me.

PSN - rolyreyes

Does anyone know what questlines you need to do to unlock Eris' raid/artifact quest? I'm leveling an alt and would prefer to skip some missions if I could.

If I remember correctly it's triggered by completing any level of Court of Oryx, but I could be wrong. If this is correct please report back. I also have to do this for my alts.

Ambitious

I would appreciate someone helping me with my Shipwright quest; I can't do this alone. I need to finish the Shield Brothers strike on level 40 within 18 minutes.

ocean

Banned
The 300 Artifact is from the Court of Oryx quest line.

1. Unlock Dreadnaught Patrol (necessary)
2. Hop into any CoO event happening, doesn't have to be your own Rune just stick with it till victory, no matter the level
3. Talk to Eris. She won't have an icon or anything but she should have the quest (do 6 Tier 1, 3 Tier 2, 1 Tier 3)

The 310 artifact is a little trickier. At some point during the post campaign you'll notice she has a "Blighted Worlds" or something campaign that just says help the Vanguards. This won't budge until you've done all the quest lines for all the Vanguards. Then she has a mission or two for you, and a quest that asks to kill all the KF bosses. That's the one which pays out the 310.

I'm 100% sure about the 300 quest because I forced the trigger that way yesterday on my alt for a Light boost. The 310 one may be a little off. There were so many damn quests at one point they're all fuzzy to me :p

Tovarisc

302 hype!

302 you say, what a nab :D Try 303 #brag
CPi950MUEAA2cXc.jpg:orig

Want to start a fresh blind raid group tomorrow morning if possible. Anybody still not run it yet? Would start around 8 AM CST. On PS4.

1. Me

PSN: ShinigamiFrost

Can someone explain how I can get the Touch of Malice? Is a glitch involved because someone mentioned that it will get patched to be harder to get soon

Namikaze1

Can someone explain how I can get the Touch of Malice? Is a glitch involved because someone mentioned that it will get patched to be harder to get soon
Who said that?

No glitch is involve. Just need to do a few quests attached to it as well as collect 45 Calcified Fragments. Oh, and get 80 Hadium Flakes: 50 for one of the quest's steps and 30 for upgrades for when you get it.

Bogeypop

Here I was asking for a third for Heroic Strikes and the random I got teamed up with gets the Tread Upon the Stars strike exclusive Scout Rifle that looks like VoC. Feels bad man... :(

I love everything up to
War Priest
and Oryx ain't so bad being overleveled. Don't care for the rest of it though, especially the
piston puzzle
I love that part. Watching fire team members get violently launched into a wall never ceases to crack me up.

Top Bottom