• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT31| The Courted Oryx (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

I can get this gun from Dead Orbit right? Also always go all black shader.

How are scout rifles in PVP?

I was actually doing very well in PvP with HJ. But i'm sure there are FAR better options. For all I know my 2.0 K/D's could have been 5.0 if I had switched to Red Death. I was getting lots of kills but it didn't feel particularly powerful. Only advantage I really noticed was that it was super easy to get headshots. (Which isn't really unique for a scout rifle).

LiK

I'm sorry to keep beating a dead horse. But MY GOD, Hung Jury!!!

No chance I like the raid scout more than this one, it will be an infusion. This thing is the Fatebringer of scout rifles.

Now help me choose which shader looks better :)

12003392_10204480226637737_3085257045111395608_n.jpg

12002060_10204480223877668_5500180424737732307_n.jpg

Everytime I see that helm I think it's Tali.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Note on the Chaperone in PvP

The range CAN be on par with or sometimes better than (maybe) a felwinter 1hk range, but only on headshot.

Tovarisc

Shotguns are exactly the same in crucible, just with different (and sometimes the same) names.

Failure at balancing them bungie

My Conspiracy Theory-D has smooth ballistics, rangefinder and rifled barrel. It's goddamn sniper rifle when in ADS, wouldn't be surprised if it had more range than Felwinter. Shotguns are still beasts in PvP while being borderline tosh in PvE again.

btkadams

I am sorry for the repeated question, but I don't think anyone has answered. Is 289 high enough for the raid? I really want to try it.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
After spending nearly 24 hours on the raid blind. We're already over halfway in barely an hour. First try on everything so far.

sikkinixx

Man I hate the way they changed pvp. "Here. Play this mode you hate to grind out some coins. Oh, you'd rather not play the tedium/blow outs in Rift? Lol fuck you. Play anyway!"

nowai

My Conspiracy Theory-D has smooth ballistics, rangefinder and rifled barrel. It's goddamn sniper rifle when in ADS, wouldn't be surprised if it had more range than Felwinter. Shotguns are still beasts in PvP while being borderline tosh in PvE again.

Conspiracy theory has the exact stats of OG Felwinter's. Based on the perks, I assume that's the quest reward. It's a great gun, but in PvP Matador and Party Crasher still beat it due to thier RoF. Plus if you have any of them with shot package, it will beat rangefinder.

Frenden

Banned
I'm still doing my pre-TTK faction package prep-post-openings and discovered you can work on an exotic class item quest for a faction without being aligned to them.

I finished my New Monarchy exotic quest for a hunter cloak!

One thing you can't do with these items is equip them while your allegiance belongs somewhere else. I have to wait until Tuesday to put it on, doh.

Trickster

Thx for the quick NF guys, boss was ridiculously easy lol. Didn't realize he would go down so quickly, I was trying to be ready for the adds, then I look at the boss 10 sec later and he's almost dead

I'm sorry to keep beating a dead horse. But MY GOD, Hung Jury!!!

No chance I like the raid scout more than this one, it will be an infusion. This thing is the Fatebringer of scout rifles.

Now help me choose which shader looks better :)

12003392_10204480226637737_3085257045111395608_n.jpg

12002060_10204480223877668_5500180424737732307_n.jpg

Glad to know it really is hype. It leaped off the screen when I first saw it at the vendor. Saving my Marks for it now.

In other news, I got back to back Dead Orbit shaders I needed. Bittersteel and Revenant. Yay smart loot.

traveler

Not Wario
Looking for full clear raid group with experienced/non-blind runners on PSN.

Edit: Math I can help too. Have an uncharged rune as well. PSN is grayfour.

Tovarisc

Conspiracy theory has the exact stats of OG Felwinter's. Based on the perks, I assume that's the quest reward. It's a great gun, but in PvP Matador and Party Crasher still beat it due to thier RoF. Plus if you have any of them with shot package, it will beat rangefinder.

I think RoF doesn't mean that much when using shotty as you can finish off with quick melee if shot was partly miss. Also yeah, I got my 300 Conspiracy from doing quest. I prefer it over e.g. Party Crasher in PvP.

Kyoufu

Got a 310 Alpha Lupi from an engram and fed it to my raid chest. 303 light now :eek:

Too bad I wasn't at 300 to get a 310 exotic from Oryx though.

neoism

i still think its weak compared to the OP shit that is hammer of sol.... like using quiver your bar just goes down waaaaaaaaaaaaay to quick.. and three shots is just :( all the while Sol gets like 7-9 throws and insane health..
Plus another thing for me is I like to jump when using it to get a better view of people, cant tell how many times Ive hit the side of a wall or something...

Zoidberg

I really hope these gunsmith orders turn into weapons relative to your current light level. It's going to be a real buzzkill getting 280 weapons and having to infuse them up. I know what is going to happen though :(

daedalius

So they basically just want people who don't really want to pvp but want marks to go into this control playlist and then get rolled by a team?

Seems like a great idea bungie.

Top Bottom