• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT31| The Courted Oryx (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

Namikaze1

Don't know which sword to choose. Any input?
What class are you? If Titan, avoid Void sword. Just avoid it. Will make your life much easier when you get around to doing the exotic sword step.

I personally suggest the following:

Solar sword for Titan
Arc sword for Hunter
Void sword for Warlock

ocean

Banned
Can someone explain how I can get the Touch of Malice? Is a glitch involved because someone mentioned that it will get patched to be harder to get soon
The main obstacles are clearing the Raid, 45 Calcified Shards (4 of which are behind Tier 2 CoO events, 1 is the Tier 3 - and it only counts if the rune is yours), 50 Hadium Flakes (+30 to upgrade the thing)

Can't think of any of these things being affected by a patch tbh

Future

Don't know which sword to choose. Any input?

No idea if this makes sense but I chose arc since I will most likely use the sword to chop down captains and minotaurs that use solar and void (and sword has good defense)

I'm gonna get 3 swords regardless for each character alt though

The main obstacles are clearing the Raid, 45 Calcified Shards (4 of which are behind Tier 2 CoO events, 1 is the Tier 3 - and it only counts if the rune is yours), 50 Hadium Flakes (+30 to upgrade the thing)

Can't think of any of these things being affected by a patch tbh

Who said that?

No glitch is involve. Just need to do a few quests attached to it as well as collect 45 Calcified Fragments. Oh, and get 80 Hadium Flakes: 50 for one of the quest's steps and 30 for upgrades for when you get it.

Thanks for clearing everything up for me guys.

Is there any guides or tips for Hadium Flake farming?

LiK

What class are you? If Titan, avoid Void sword. Just avoid it. Will make your life much easier when you get around to doing the exotic sword step.

I personally suggest the following:

Solar sword for Titan
Arc sword for Hunter
Void sword for Warlock

Phew, Zoba saved me

I'm sorry to keep beating a dead horse. But MY GOD, Hung Jury!!!

No chance I like the raid scout more than this one, it will be an infusion. This thing is the Fatebringer of scout rifles.

Now help me choose which shader looks better :)

12003392_10204480226637737_3085257045111395608_n.jpg

12002060_10204480223877668_5500180424737732307_n.jpg

Got a 305 ghost shell and 305 fusion from the first section. Is the fusion any good? Might just use it to infuse my 1000 yard.

That's what I did. Gave it three shots while doing the pvp daily and barely took shields down. Switched to telesto (or whatever is called) and killed everyone that I pointed it at. I'm not a FR guy, so if I ever use one it will be the telesto.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Yeah. You have to remember this is destiny where in year one if it wasn't the best.. It sucked

i mean, its great by itself. Its no felwinter (because nothing is felwinter), but its easily the best run and gun pvp shotgun in the game imo

on top of that, as long as you have the chaperone equipped, roadborn will proc on any weapon you use. if that's a bug, its an awesome bug

edit: i run it on my gunslinger with the reload and stability skill perks going along with the solardoublekillagilityboost boots and its like being in a fucking john woo film

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Got a 305 ghost shell and 305 fusion from the first section. Is the fusion any good? Might just use it to infuse my 1000 yard.

I don't think it is. I've been using it in PVE and it is the suckiest suck that has ever sucked. Mind as well infuse it. You'll run into it again in future raids if you want it for collection.

Got the sniper. So cool. :)

Trickster

once we stagger, the floater(meaning the guy who is unassigned to running to an orb) and the relic runner need to keep shooting oryxs chest otherwise it closes and he takes no damage from the exploding orbs. Our strategy to get him to stagger was good, we just didn't get much damage on him and that's exactly why

I'm pretty sure you incorrect about this.

edit - I think I misunderstood your post, you might be right. It was never something we noticed though, so maybe the other guy who was shoting saved us while I was fucking it up unknowingly.

Is it really that good?

Depends on how seriously you are taking my posts. It's by far the best gun I've found so far in TTK, but it's still just a gun, despite what I make it sound like. ;)

A scout with basically no recoil, firefly, triple tap, and extended mag. Firefly is great for trash mobs, and triple tap + EM give you about 29 precision shots on a major or ultra per clip.

For what it's worth, someone on my friends list had the raid scout rifle and I compared the stats and HJ beat it in every way. And I like the perks more too.

I don't want to be responsible for your 150 marks. But I'd be surprised if someone didn't love it. (And other Gaf owners seem to back that up)

once we stagger, the floater(meaning the guy who is unassigned to running to an orb) and the relic runner need to keep shooting oryxs chest otherwise it closes and he takes no damage from the exploding orbs. Our strategy to get him to stagger was good, we just didn't get much damage on him and that's exactly why

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

IT MAKES SO MUCH SENSE

Carbonox

The RNG is still as cunty as ever for this fucking game. We did the Raid again and I got the SAME gauntlets, SAME heavy machine gun and SAME exotic rifle (for the 4th time might I add) and absolutely nothing new. Then just cos Bungie chat shit, I got absolutely fucking nothing out of the extra reward bollocks with those shards or whatever.

181.gif

Depends on how seriously you are taking my posts. It's by far the best gun I've found so far in TTK, but it's still just a gun, despite what I make it sound like. ;)

A scout with basically no recoil, firefly, triple tap, and extended mag. Firefly is great for trash mobs, and triple tap + EM give you about 29 precision shots on a major or ultra per clip.

For what it's worth, someone on my friends list had the raid scout rifle and I compared the stats and HJ beat it in every way. And I like the perks more too.

I don't want to be responsible for your 150 marks. But I'd be surprised if someone didn't love it. (And other Gaf owners seem to back that up)

I can get this gun from Dead Orbit right? Also always go all black shader.

How are scout rifles in PVP?

Top Bottom