• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT31| The Courted Oryx (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

FiraB

Banned
Thanks for letting me tag along
that was the hardest nightfall in a long time,
I miss my elemental weapons..
ya i didnt realize the damage type until the last time we got that warsat down, otherwise i would of used my xluster bomb missle launcher

inthrall

I'm getting a Ps4 soon and going to get destiny. I've been invested in Destiny on my xbone since day 1, but I kind of want to go through everything again, and maybe do some endgame stuff with GAF.

Anyways, what would be the best class to run with you guys? My main is a Warlock on xbone, but I've got a fully leveled Titan and Hunter as well, so can play any class.

Thinking Titan though. Love my defender and the new sunbreaker class is awesome.

Class has next to no relevance in raids, until your group is missing one entirely. Arguably warlocks are the least required class, but still absolutely fine to bring multiple along

We only had one Titan on our raid run. Eventually, having familiarity with the mechanics of the fight and having high light levels is gonna be waaaaay more important than bringing 4 Titans and 2 Hunters to the King's Fall. We were all 295+, as long as somebody generates the orbs for the Titan's WOL, its easy.

SnakeEyes

Banned
2 ppl have enough dps to take the shield down? What do they use? Rockets?
You'd need 3 or more for the Antiquated Runes, but I was using the Raid Rocket Launcher (300) and others were using a mix of Heavies and Primaries.

It's seriously Crota-Lite.

Is anyone else experiencing high random drop outs in heroic strikes? Its seems to be the new afk.
Only on Undying Mind. Also, I have yet to see the Devil's Lair, Phogoth, and the Nexus appear in the Heroic Strike Playlist. I'm starting to miss them now...

lt519

Well our blind raid run ended in failure at
golgoroth
we gave up but when we checked the actual strategy we were actually doing it, so I'm proud of that. We just didn't have the execution.
In the first gaze steal section I was doing about 1 million damage and nobody else could quite get there. We got him down about a 5th of his health, sometimes a quarter, but we'd always hit enrage after a few more rotations. It is a bummer but at the same time I can see the progression from doing the first part of the raid a few times will get us to high enough level to beat him fairly handily. We had 4 at 295ish and 2 below 290.
We didn't find any of the chests but did find a fragment and had a lot of fun. Can't wait to do the rest of the raid in mid-October, hopefully you all have it down to a science by then and will let me tag along :)

We got through the
warpriest
in about 2 hours which was pretty cool, the
jumping ships
gave our hunters big problems. Put in about 4 1/2 hours total. I think if we banged our heads against the wall we would have gotten a bit further.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
We just beat Crota wannabe 3 times in a row. I kept summoning him by mistake. Still have no idea what runes I should be using.

At least I got myself to 301 out of all that.

Does anyone know if it's possible to do Eris' Urn of Sacrifice mission anymore? I'm reading a few guides that say the quest begins with a bounty from Eris, but it doesn't look like she has bounties anymore. It's kind of annoying that I can't play this quest that I ostensibly paid money for.

Deku Tree

Does anyone know if it's possible to do Eris' Urn of Sacrifice mission anymore? I'm reading a few guides that say the quest begins with a bounty from Eris, but it doesn't look like she has bounties anymore. It's kind of annoying that I can't play this quest that I ostensibly paid money for.

If you only ostensibly pad then I'm not sure it's a big deal.

I don't know, but it doesn't look like you can do that quest anymore. The ultimate reward for fhat quest was a piece of underpowered arm armor that you wouldn't want to wear these days anyway.

There is a "the dark below" quest line in the quests kiosk that you can do that contains all the available dark below story content.

LiK

Sitting in Rocket Yard for Stirok champion. Only have him left so if you wanna help, just join on me.

Edit: nm, done

finally got FWC to drop gauntlets with Energy Projection included (longer throwing distance nad)

Now my legendary FWC gear armor is complete, now I got 9 more levels to go to get to 25

anyway to get more motes?

Mupod

CPjzR4YVEAA7711.jpg

everything today has gone according to keikaku

SheHateMe

So, it's been a week.

I've taken my time with the game and enjoyed every second of it. Not too concerned with raiding right now; I just want to have fun and discover things on my own.

Too many quests to do, not enough time to do them. Need 12 more legendary marks for the Vanguard Ghost. I could do the Daily Heroic for them, but eh.

Still need to finish the two Dreadnaught quests (Shield Brothers and Sunless Cell) and try to continue to put a dent in Petra's questline. I'm 238 right now.

Rumble, young man. Rumble.

Zoidberg

What's the point of streaking if everything decrypts 30 light below your current level?

6 strikes, 30 engrams, no upgrades, even for my light 280 gloves.

Game hits you hard when you get to 290. I guess it's the equivalent of 31 in TDB & 33 in HoW.

Yep. At 293 I did my 3 weekly heroics, nightfall and some CoO last night and got:

Nightfall - 283 sniper.
First heroic legendary engram - 273 machine gun
20 blue engrams total - 1/20 decrypted above 290. The rest were anywhere between 264 (why?) and 280.

In the old system, you get a gun with a good roll and you level it up and use it. Now you get a gun with a good roll it's most likely below your light level. You then need to find 1-2 other weapons to sacrifice just to bring it to a point where you can use it without gimping yourself. Obtaining those sacrificial lambs is entirely up to RNG.

Light system is great for the most part don't get me wrong, it has been enjoyable logging on and working my way up each night and being able to see an improvement. RNG gonna RNG I suppose.

Top Bottom