• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT31| The Courted Oryx (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

Afrocious

I was playing Prison of Elders with some friends who got back into the game and I was getting some maaaaajor sound glitches. Like every other shot would make a sound, get eerily quiet in the middle of fighting, enemy shots not making sounds, them just not making any sounds, mines not making sounds.

They really need to fix the sound issues that cropped up with 2.0.

This was a glitch back in vanilla lol.

Dead

well not really...yet
I was playing Prison of Elders with some friends who got back into the game and I was getting some maaaaajor sound glitches. Like every other shot would make a sound, get eerily quiet in the middle of fighting, enemy shots not making sounds, them just not making any sounds, mines not making sounds.

Yeah I got that too in PoE

darthbob

I remember this happening at the Templar/Oracle encounter in VoG a LOT in vanilla.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
LF 1 person to help us out with the sisters. Experience would be greatly appreciated. PSN Tigerheli.

Omni

Come on dude. Spoilered images don't work on mobile. That's not cool at all.
Edit: I've managed to stay almost completely free from getting the raid spoiled for me, until now. So thanks a lot.

I feel the same. Fuck a thanks tho. That's an image I didn't want to see until I earned it myself.
Because it's widely known that spoilered images don't work on mobile. I'm sorry that it happened, but don't act like it was on purpose.

Not to mention that it's a single image that gives away literally nothing about the fight, the mechanics, or what happens.

Still getting back into this, can someone tell me what happens on armsday?

if you reached Level 1, you can buy a Legendary Foundry weapon order on Wednesday that he has for sale which will be delivered next week.

when you reach Level 2, the same, but he also gives you a quest line to "easily" obtain a 280 Legendary Special weapon that is Class specific.

when you reach Level 3, he give s you an exotic quest line where you can get an Exotic Primary weapon that is Class specific.

don't know aobut Level 4, not there yet

Justinh

I get weird missing sound effects often though it's only happened for me in the tower. I imaging that it would really suck if it happened in combat.

DNAbro

Also thoughts on raid hand cannon and fusion rifle.

They both suck. Like really really bad. At least in PvE. Though I do like Cocoon perk so you never actually have to reload. Seems like it would be useful during raid.

Man we crushed oryx first try this time, got raid chest, raid helmet, cloak, 310 TLW, raid fusion, raid LMG. Picked up Malice after that. Gat damn.

maomaoIYP

Because it's widely known that spoilered images don't work on mobile. I'm sorry that it happened, but don't act like it was on purpose.

Not to mention that it's a single image that gives away literally nothing about the fight, the mechanics, or what happens.
Why do you think folks want to do the raid blind? If you think that the image gives away nothing and serves no purpose, why couldn't you just post a "fuck yes oryx down" like everyone else? Both you and I know that the image looks cool as fuck. The raid hasn't been out for a week, how hard is it not to post a picture?

Afrocious

Welp, Shield Brothers just gave me two exotic engrams, one from each of them.

Let's see if RNGesus is with me.

2x No Land Beyond

What should I do with Legendary Marks?

I have 120 of them but feel using them to buy armor that are only 2-3 pts above my current would be a waste. I could buy a ghost shell that would bump me from 250 to 280.

The Vanguard Ghost Shell is probably the most useful thing to buy with Legendary Marks. Having it will make you rich. It also doesn't have a true counterpart you can easily find.

Omni

Why do you think folks want to do the raid blind? If you think that the image gives away nothing and serves no purpose, why couldn't you just post a "fuck yes oryx down" like everyone else? Both you and I know that the image looks cool as fuck. The raid hasn't been out for a week, how hard is it not to post a picture?
You mean Oryx dies? Spoilers man. Jeez.

I posted because it was a celebratory image. I purposely put it in spoil tags because I understand that not everyone wants to see it. However, biting my head off because mobile apparently doesn't support spoiler tags for some reason is not going to get you anywhere. Did I know that was the case? No. Is such a thing widely known? I've never heard of it. Did I apologise and remove the image as soon as the error was pointed out? Yes. The truth is, there's so much in this raid that if seeing one frame is going to ruin anything, then you're doing it so very wrong.

Class has next to no relevance in raids, until your group is missing one entirely. Arguably warlocks are the least required class, but still absolutely fine to bring multiple along

So would you suggest Hunter then? I have not done the new raid yet on xbox, will probably be raid ready for this weekend though.

Paertan

Passed 290 light
Unlocked Helm of Saint 14 and Hawkmoon. Now I just have to get them over 290 light as well. Kind of a busy schedule.I mostly hope by the time I have time for the raid it will not be all about cheezing.

Zone control was really fun! Rift and Zone control is more to my liking than previous modes.
My first and only ZOne Contorl game yesterday had a guy stand AFK. He probably thought those 10 marks were free xD
Well we didn´t win of course but it was close and fun.
Lag is still really affecting the game and hit detection but as long as you don´t take it to serious it´s pretty fun.

Strider

Those with the Malice... What guide did you use to find all the fragments? How do I check which fragments I have and which ones I dont?

Homeboyd

Did you guys figure out the missing calcified fragments thing? Looks like I finally got hit with it. Ghosthunter and destinystatus both show I have 44 right now but the dreadnaught director shows I have 43. As I've just finished oryx and am trying to get the malice, this is a problem. I can still get to 45 now that the new tier 3 CoO is out, but looks like I'll be 1 short of 50 in the end unless I'm missing something.

Also, 1 of the ones I'm missing is a tier 2 CoO. Is that just random? Do I just have to keep buying stolen ruins, charging them and doing them until I get it? I don't remember how I got the other 3. I did a couple tier 2s tonight and no frags dropped.

SheHateMe

So, look. I need these 12 marks for the Vanguard Ghost Shell.

Anyone want to run the Daily Heroic with me really quick? I'd appreciate it.

PSN Instant__Vintage

Top Bottom