• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT31| The Courted Oryx (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

Mindlog

Mild Raid Spoilers Ahead

Warlock Asshat Achieved.
With the right shader you can make your head really damn bright. The Queen Shader looks great.
gdouYn4.jpg

Dante316

Dante, thx for organizing the raid. Was too much fun, and I'm still laughing.

Just send me a message anytime and I will help with Sisters.

My pleasure, would've continued to play but net died, mic died and controller died lol, nothing u can do when that happens. Are you guys at oryx or beat him already?

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
My pleasure, would've continued to play but net died, mic died and controller died lol, nothing u can do when that happens. Are you guys at oryx or beat him already?

We are done for tonight. Raid fatigue set in after we did the sisters.

Great raid, gentlemen.

SentinalPrimus whipped out his ToM and out-dps'd the other 5 of us combined.

Yes, that was batshit insane.

Continuing from GalacticToast's post, we need one more for Oryx. Preferably with experience, as we want to get it done fairly quick as it's getting late.

Arrrammis

I have to say,
Oryx
is officially my favorite boss fight. Multiple phases and various mechanics that engage the whole team.

screw that last 1% spam though.
But, at least he gave me the scout rifle and fusion rifle (from 20 shards).

Dante316

We are done for tonight. Raid fatigue set in after we did the sisters.
Not bad at all, well let's see what happens tomorrow, I have work and a probably 2 to 3 hrs meeting after work lol so hopefully same ppl are around to help me when I get online, I'll msg and see. Thanks again to everyone and present to all is #DanteMarks

Has anyone been able to get fragment 34 by themselves? It's the one in the mausoleum where you have to go in a cave, wait til you smell like hive, run to the other side of the level, use your ghost to see the invisible platforms and make it to the chest within a minute.
I don't think it's possible. I hope I'm wrong.

Has anyone been able to get fragment 34 by themselves? It's the one in the mausoleum where you have to go in a cave, wait til you smell like hive, run to the other side of the level, use your ghost to see the invisible platforms and make it to the chest within a minute.

You can get it alone. Max out your agility, equip MIDA if you have it. With that method and practice, i had about 15 seconds to spare.

Baliis

It is, just gotta be fast. I think I had a good 10 seconds left on it

Yeah I did it yesterday. I made it with 1 second to spare.

Shiv47

I don't think I'm going to bother with the exotic sword quest; the 25 crucible kills are never gonna happen. I barely get heavy ammo with a normal weapon, much less one where I have to get the ammo and then get close enough to use it without getting killed first. Easy come, easy go, I guess.

Did you guys figure out the missing calcified fragments thing? Looks like I finally got hit with it. Ghosthunter and destinystatus both show I have 44 right now but the dreadnaught director shows I have 43. As I've just finished oryx and am trying to get the malice, this is a problem. I can still get to 45 now that the new tier 3 CoO is out, but looks like I'll be 1 short of 50 in the end unless I'm missing something.

Also, 1 of the ones I'm missing is a tier 2 CoO. Is that just random? Do I just have to keep buying stolen ruins, charging them and doing them until I get it? I don't remember how I got the other 3. I did a couple tier 2s tonight and no frags dropped.

Tier 2 fragment drops are

Arrrrrrr

Ennnn

Geeeeeeeeeee

Baliis

I don't think I'm going to bother with the exotic sword quest; the 25 crucible kills are never gonna happen. I barely get heavy ammo with a normal weapon, much less one where I have to get the ammo and then get close enough to use it without getting killed first. Easy come, easy go, I guess.

You can always melee people with the hilt too, that counts even with 0 ammo,

Or grab some buddies and trade kills in rumble

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Looking for two to help get us get our first kill on the king :) We know the basics of the fight and have the damage (well, except two had to drop).

just need to execute. I hit 294 within the raid from
ghost, cloak and machine gun. So hyped

MrDaravon

Did a full raid clear with a really good group (thanks Reign, noomi and anyone else I'm forgetting), night and day difference between my first two partial runs lol. With a really good group the Raid is much more palatable, I still feel like the last two parts can be too cut and dried where if a single mistake is made it's a wipe. Had an incredible fucking haul from this clear, got:

303 Hand Cannon
304 Pulse Rifle
300 Fusion Rifle
307 Gloves
307 Boots
Legendary engram that decoded into a pretty good Skyburner's Annex
Completed Eris' quest for the 310 Artifact

Last week I got a 304 Ghost and 305 Chest, so I'm pretty pumped right now lol. This Raid took me from 295 to 301 depending on what weapons I have on :D.

Are any of the raid weapons I got actually any good?

Raybunny

I'm a warlock.

The dark beyond and spam your super. Get bad juju to recharge super. Repeat and you are done.

Had to do the void with my Titan... that was a pain. Took me some time but found the best way using most discipline + strength + monte carlo + fusion grenade + the dark beyond.

Deku Tree

The dark beyond and spam your super. Get bad juju to recharge super. Repeat and you are done.

Had to do the void with my Titan... that was a pain. Took me some time but found the best way using most discipline + strength + monte carlo + fusion grenade + the dark beyond.

Bad juju FTW!

LTWood12

Looking for two to help get us get our first kill on the king :) We know the basics of the fight and have the damage (well, except two had to drop).

just need to execute. I hit 294 within the raid from
ghost, cloak and machine gun. So hyped

Go go go! So sad I missed this!

Top Bottom