• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT31| The Courted Oryx (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

It took me close to 7 hrs to get the 10 legendary materials from the nodes. To think I need to do that shitass quest two more times...

7 hours?! Holy crap man, either you had shit luck or you were having a lot of trouble finding resource nodes. Nightstalker class was the best for finding them.

Mild Raid Spoilers Ahead

Warlock Asshat Achieved.
With the right shader you can make your head really damn bright. The Queen Shader looks great.

783.gif

MONTE CARLO IT SHREDS.

Aint any of them oryx vets around to help us crush him

If it wasn't so late here I'd come help. I should be sleeping instead of posting on gaf too...

Hopefully I can get my 2 alts geared up this week for the raid because that thing is on farm-mode already.

Went from Light 175 to 184 on my first night back. Ran nightfall (meh 285 light RL that tied my 285 MG), both dailies and 4 strikes and didn't really get anything.

Good news is, I'm close to raiding!

Bad news is, my blind raid group (4/6 spots full) hasn't responded, I don't think.

7 hours?! Holy crap man, either you had shit luck or you were having a lot of trouble finding resource nodes. Nightstalker class was the best for finding them.
I had terrible luck finding nodes, sometimes went 20 min without finding any.
Edit: I'm a titan that needed relic iron. Have yet to find a ghost that marks that out on the map.

Hunter is fine, you'll probably want to run Nightstalker for the Tether dps boost

Hunter it is then. I only just got Nightstalker on my Hunter on xbox, so far really awesome. I feel the other two subclasses have their uses as well. My main Warlock almost never does anything besides Sunsinger unless I'm in the crucible.

What does the Cryptarch legendary engrams decrypt at? 280 or 290 or dependent on your light? I'm at 284 so I'm hoping it'll be 290...

Or just take the safe route and get dead Orbit scout rifle at 15 more marks. (but only 280 light)

Hedge

What does the Cryptarch legendary engrams decrypt at? 280 or 290 or dependent on your light? I'm at 284 so I'm hoping it'll be 290...

Or just take the safe route and get dead Orbit scout rifle at 15 more marks.

I am about 289 and my legendaries usually decrypt into 265-290. Haven't seen higher. I do have a 298 blue item, oddly enough.

lt519

Went from Light 175 to 184 on my first night back. Ran nightfall (meh 285 light RL that tied my 285 MG), both dailies and 4 strikes and didn't really get anything.

Good news is, I'm close to raiding!

Bad news is, my blind raid group (4/6 spots full) hasn't responded, I don't think.

Welcome back! I'm headed out tomorrow for over two weeks ): our blind raid group went tonight and got about a third of the way through, good luck, it's tough! I'll be on the boards so of you are looking for a group for the second boss on going blind PM me and I'll set you up

neoism

You guys use any Year 1 weapons in Crucible?

I was struggling with the Zhalo Supercell so I whipped out my Grim Citizen III from vanilla and now I'm going HAM.

yup

matador with shotpackage and the truth.. with my pants perk i have 4 rockets with the truth....i have owned with the zhalo though..

Not quite understanding how a group of people at the Court of Oryx that have the year 1 triumphs emblem can't figure out the mini Crota tier 3 fight.

You have the year 1 emblem. You did the actual Crota fight. How is this complicated.....

That being said, when you join a group that actually knows what to do, that is some serious fun.

I am about 289 and my legendaries usually decrypt into 265-290. Haven't seen higher. I do have a 298 blue item, oddly enough.

Ahh I see. I was hoping the ones you buy from the Cryptarch themselves would be more static but I'm guessing not now that you mention it.

Welcome back! I'm headed out tomorrow for over two weeks ): our blind raid group went tonight and got about a third of the way through, good luck, it's tough! I'll be on the boards so of you are looking for a group for the second boss on going blind PM me and I'll set you up

Thanks! Better late than never I suppose :p
Aww that stinks. I'd hate to stop mid raid!
Sure thing, I'll let ya know. Any idea when they plan on continuing?

zewone

305 light after tonight's raid. What a difference a week makes.

I might be the first person in the world to have full Hunter raid gear too.

Question about Infusion, I infused a Legendary that was 255 with a Rare that was 284. The result was a 280 Legendary. Is this correct? Thought it would go to the level of the infused item.

Top Bottom