• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT31| The Courted Oryx (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

SnakeEyes

Banned
Question about Infusion, I infused a Legendary that was 255 with a Rare that was 284. The result was a 280 Legendary. Is this correct? Thought it would go to the level of the infused item.
Yes. Sometimes when there's such a huge difference between the items, there's a drop of a few points in the end result.

Question about Infusion, I infused a Legendary that was 255 with a Rare that was 284. The result was a 280 Legendary. Is this correct? Thought it would go to the level of the infused item.

That's correct. It does 80% of the difference. So 255 + 29 * 0.8

255 + ((284-255)*0.8) all spelled out.

That should have given you 278, so you must have used a bigger rare.

Yes. Sometimes when there's such a huge difference between the items, there's a drop of a few points in the end result.

80% of the difference between them

That's correct. It does 80% of the difference. So 255 + 29 * 0.8

That should have given you 278, so you must have used a bigger rare.

Gotcha, thanks for the quick reply. Good to keep in mind.

My memory may be off on the actual numbers. It may have been a 257 Legendary.

Sullichin

Well, bought the year 2 SUROS. Sorry Hawkmoon. :(
I like how I sharded armor for the marks and it gave me motes I used to instantly fully level the weapon.

coy

No one needs to be on the plate that is under the relic. Same for the Oryx fight. The platform is always there no matter what.
This was something I didn't believe myself til we tried it out yesterday. It's the way to do the fight. Can control ogre spawns easier at Oryx and add control throughout.

And I think the weekly zone control gives you 10 each for the first 3 wins. Nightfall doesn't give any, really? That'd be even lamer!

There may be a quest for completing a nightfall that gives you marks. However, I didn't get any marks from the NF this week.

Can someone else confirm? I've been playing entirely too much Destiny over the last week.

Zocano

The logic almost hurts.

I guess I can see how it can be taken as just a statistical truth, but I just mean that if you are an above average player, you will be paired with below average players. If you are average, you will most likely play with average players.

There may be a quest for completing a nightfall that gives you marks. However, I didn't get any marks from the NF this week.

Can someone else confirm? I've been playing entirely too much Destiny over the last week.

I looked it up. It's just the quest.

I completed 8 heroic strikes but they don't count for the 1st part of that quest. LAME! Has to be 5 regular strikes hah.

I always hated games that never gave you the "easier" achievement when you completed the harder ones.

ocean

Banned
I know this is a long shot but can't check myself right now

Can quest Exotics like Chaperone and Touch of Maluce be duplicated via the Vault?

I just got Hunger pangs... What do you get for doing it?
Just this thing... =)

Gd8K2Er.jpg
Thanks for the help Kalamari!

Justinh

Does the exotic version look any different to the legendary?

I'm still on the part where you need to kill 25 guys in crucible.

They look different according to the bungie armory thingy on their website.
It kinda looks bigger.
I never got around to the crucible either...

zewone

I am continually amazed at how consistently I dislike all hunter gear. All this half-assed armor and tiny asymmetrical shit is dumb. Trials of Osiris gear was the best it got.

All hail Titan Master Race.

Eh, I don't think any of the Kings Fall raid gear looks that great, but Titans is the worst, with Warlocks being the "best".

Lima

Just continue to infuse your best looking legendary gear with that crap looking raid gear. I mean it's not like you need any of the perks on it anyway.

zewone

I know this is a long shot but can't check myself right now

Can quest Exotics like Chaperone and Touch of Maluce be duplicated via the Vault?

Chaperone and Boolean Gemini are there for me.

Don't have ToM yet, but I imagine it would be the same.

Juraash

Man I just logged a really fun night, not a lot of progress made, but fun. Spent the better part of the last two hours with about 6 other people doing CoO. We did all manner of tiers, got all kinds of loot (though everyone seemed to find way better stuff than I) and just had all around blast.

Looking forward to tomorrow though. Since rng didn't blesse with one lousy gunsmith rep item, I have to wait until tomorrow to do my lvl 3 exotic quest. Once that happens I'll be able to boost up a couple of primaries and maybe hit 296. So hopefully that means raiding a bit later in the week.

Just continue to infuse your best looking legendary gear with that crap looking raid gear. I mean it's not like you need any of the perks on it anyway.

basically my thought process. I'm not giving up the bog marsh stuff for rawhide. unfortunately it's the reason i'm not over 300 light yet.

Top Bottom