• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT31| The Courted Oryx (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

Did anyone else's Beltane shader not unlock after finishing The Old Hunger / Touch of malice quest? I got the gun and emblem, but no shader.

I'm pretty sure I had room in my inventory too.

I am getting so sick of this encounter. Five tries now, no kills.

UUUUGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. SO MANY HOURS WASTED

I'm probably going to need a group to carry me.

Ridli

Question about Infusion, I infused a Legendary that was 255 with a Rare that was 284. The result was a 280 Legendary. Is this correct? Thought it would go to the level of the infused item.

I've been using this calculator to give me an idea of what I'll get after an infuse.

http://infusioncalculator.hamnation.com

It's mostly accurate. Sometimes I get better than expected results, but usually only if both pieces of gear are leveled.

zewone

I'm super mad that
the VERY LAST SET OF ORBS DIDNT HURT HIM. I know we timed it right, I was watching the feed pop up. UGH.
You have to continue to shoot him after stunning him or else his chest closes and no damage is done, even if you ignite orbs.

You have to continue to shoot him after stunning him or else guys cheesy closes and boo damage is done, even if you ignite orbs.

We did.
That's what's so frustrating. As far as I could tell, we didn't do anything different, but only two of the orbs hurt him instead of all four. It's very possible that the timing was wrong, as one of our orb guys said his internet had been acting up recently.

What hurts even more is we did salvage it, but then Toast accidentally died, and I could have revived him, but I didn't, cause I thought I didnt have time to, so we didn't get the salvaged stagger off.

Feels bad man.

Well, I'm off to bed. Hopefully I can down the last boss tomorrow. It's not like I even need it anymore, I'm already 300+ light. I just want a Raid primary and that delicious Touch of Malice.

Really hoping I can get my PS4 Hunter raid ready for the weekend and can get in on a GAF group. Thankfully its a long weekend so should have plenty of time once the house chores are done!

Currently sitting at 266. Should get a 280 weapon from the Gunsmith tonight and I have enough marks to buy a 280 piece so will do that on my weakest slot(I already have the ghost).

Then thinking of knocking off the 5 heroics quest and hopefully by then I am high enough to do the nightfall and knock that off for the 300 weapon. Then finally use my commendations and get a Vanguard, Crucible and DO package in one big hit. Should be good.

I did a few Zone Control games and got marks for winning. Is it rewarded 3x like the weekly or can you grind it? If you can we should get a train going. Unlock Y2 versions of exotics with the marks or something.

Trying to do a quest that needs Crucible wins with a Fireteam but no one is playing or wants to play Crucible. Any takers? We can play any list and I don't care how good you are.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Zone Control is the most boring mode in the game :p But just play it solo, you don't need to win 3 matches, just play 3.

pssh fukk that. i'm talking about the weekly from shaxx. a lot of those are win dependent - i can get kills by myself just fine lol. its when you're forced to win games under conditions that kinda make it a drag

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Trying to do a quest that needs Crucible wins with a Fireteam but no one is playing or wants to play Crucible. Any takers? We can play any list and I don't care how good you are.

i can hop on. no mic right now because its kinda late though

PSN: DY_nastyIV

Paertan

First part of Nightfall.

WTF??? Too hard.

Haha yes we struggled with that as well xD
The key we found was Titan bubble with helm of Saint 14 and just survive until Warsat was finished. We had no good Void weapons at all. If you have that it is way easier.
Rest of the Nightfall went pretty smoothly.

Haha yes we struggled with that as well xD
The key we found was Titan bubble with helm of Saint 14 and just survive until Warsat was finished. We had no good Void weapons at all. If you have that it is way easier.
Rest of the Nightfall went pretty smoothly.

Those fallen snipers man... pew pew pew DEAD

ocean

Banned
Did you guys figure out the missing calcified fragments thing? Looks like I finally got hit with it. Ghosthunter and destinystatus both show I have 44 right now but the dreadnaught director shows I have 43. As I've just finished oryx and am trying to get the malice, this is a problem. I can still get to 45 now that the new tier 3 CoO is out, but looks like I'll be 1 short of 50 in the end unless I'm missing something.

Also, 1 of the ones I'm missing is a tier 2 CoO. Is that just random? Do I just have to keep buying stolen ruins, charging them and doing them until I get it? I don't remember how I got the other 3. I did a couple tier 2s tonight and no frags dropped.
Hunger Pangs requires you get 45 Fragments on a character, as indicated on your Director.

Those websites check whether you have the Grimoire card for a fragment and this is account-wide. This means in your case there seems to be an alt who's picked up a Calcified Fragment your main hasn't. Unfortunately, unless you remember there's no telling which that was :p

As for the Court of Oryx: Tier 3 last week and this week give different Calcified Fragments. This means if you got last week's, the total obtainable number has gone up to 46 - meaning you could "skip" one for Hunger Pangs.

The 4 Calcified Fragments tied to Tier 2 events drop from specific boss combinations. If you don't get the combination you need, just abandon the event and try again so you don't use up your Rune. Took me a while to get the last one I needed but I got it done.

Having obtained the Tier 3 last week, I was able to get 45 Fragments without the need to open the Scent Chest :)

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Yesss GET WRECKED ORYX hahaha killed
your whole FAMILY now punk

Hit 295
Ghost, lmg, cloak, pulse. I love the lmg, and with extended mag it'll rock for my skyburners build. Not sure about Smite of Marian, might use it for some sweet infusing.
:)

Sorry I'll take all complaints under consideration but the raid is straight up phenomenal stuff.

T-0800

Can someone just tell me if I've finished the TK campaign? I just completed the mission where you fight Oryx and appears that's it. That was about 6 or 7 missions with 90% of it being reused content. If that was it that was very disappointing. I don't want to complain too much in case I'm wrong. It appears the first strike has unlocked so hopefully that brings something new.

I read about exploration and discovering new things etc etc and I feel I've had none of that.

Beat Oryx 3 minutes before my internet crashed. Thank god.

Titan is now 300 as well and I got the hand cannon a record breaking third time. Smart loot my fucking ass. How about a different primary?

Top Bottom