• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT31| The Courted Oryx (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

pssh fukk that. i'm talking about the weekly from shaxx. a lot of those are win dependent - i can get kills by myself just fine lol. its when you're forced to win games under conditions that kinda make it a drag

oh, right :D you should ask people for weekly crucible bounties then (weekly crucible playlist is still zone control)

Also thoughts on raid hand cannon and fusion rifle.

They both suck. Like really really bad. At least in PvE. Though I do like Cocoon perk so you never actually have to reload. Seems like it would be useful during raid.

I'm betting we have significant ammo nerfs in HM, hence the cocoon perk

Yesss GET WRECKED ORYX hahaha killed
your whole FAMILY now punk

Hit 295
Ghost, lmg, cloak, pulse. I love the lmg, and with extended mag it'll rock for my skyburners build. Not sure about Smite of Marian, might use it for some sweet infusing.
:)

Sorry I'll take all complaints under consideration but the raid is straight up phenomenal stuff.

Congrats, my two small complaints are too much
jumping, class makes a massive difference, its easy mode on my Hunter and equipping the bones but, I legit struggle on my warlock and start getting frustrated when everyones across and i'm falling to my death every 10 seconds and the flashing/shaking screen and depth perception at sisters and Oyrx when jumping the platforms they need to tone that down, apart from that I love it

Edit I used the 20
shards at Oyrx and got the machine gun I got earlier in the raid, the scout plus 2 shards, everyone else in the group got two drops from Oyrx so it wasn't any better

Hi guys I will be trying to kick off a raid in the next 30 minutes or 1 hour. We are mostly Aussies and likely have 4 people. Message PSN:Holycon if keen.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I'm betting we have significant ammo nerfs in HM, hence the cocoon perk

Congrats, my two small complaints are too much
jumping, class makes a massive difference, its easy mode on my Hunter and equipping the bones but, I legit struggle on my warlock and start getting frustrated when everyones across and i'm falling to my death every 10 seconds and the flashing/shaking screen and depth perception at sisters and Oyrx when jumping the platforms they need to tone that down, apart from that I love it

Edit I used the 20
shards at Oyrx and got the machine gun I got earlier in the raid, the scout plus 2 shards, everyone else in the group got two drops from Oyrx so it wasn't any better

more jumping

ALL THE JUMPING

Can someone just tell me if I've finished the TK campaign? I just completed the mission where you fight Oryx and appears that's it. That was about 6 or 7 missions with 90% of it being reused content. If that was it that was very disappointing. I don't want to complain too much in case I'm wrong. It appears the first strike has unlocked so hopefully that brings something new.

I read about exploration and discovering new things etc etc and I feel I've had none of that.

basically, but there are still a LOT of quests to do. Queen, Variks, all three Vanguard guys and Eris give new questlines to complete.

Trace

Banned
Can someone just tell me if I've finished the TK campaign? I just completed the mission where you fight Oryx and appears that's it. That was about 6 or 7 missions with 90% of it being reused content. If that was it that was very disappointing. I don't want to complain too much in case I'm wrong. It appears the first strike has unlocked so hopefully that brings something new.

I read about exploration and discovering new things etc etc and I feel I've had none of that.

You've done about 1/5th of the new stuff.

Great job everyone!
Got the hand cannon, shotgun, and a antiquated rune from the Oryx kill. May go ahead and upgrade my DO Scout Rifle with my Hand Cannon because it's looks gross. Warlocks for the win. :p

LTWood12

up too late dead Oryx 301 hype

Yesss GET WRECKED ORYX hahaha killed
your whole FAMILY now punk

Hit 295
Ghost, lmg, cloak, pulse. I love the lmg, and with extended mag it'll rock for my skyburners build. Not sure about Smite of Marian, might use it for some sweet infusing.
:)

Sorry I'll take all complaints under consideration but the raid is straight up phenomenal stuff.

ORYX down. ready to sleep

Pulse rifle
Hand cannon
chest piece
butt towel

Hell yes!!! I'm going for it on Thursday. Can't wait to have a go at it w/ you boys soon.

Midas

So... Can these fragments be bugged? Destiny ghost Hunter says I have 44 while Destiny tells me I have 39. Do I need to check all again to see which of them I'm "missing" or will I get the quest when I pickup the 45th?

Impulsor

We are already on raid farm mode, we compelted the whole raid yesterday for the second time.

Got up to level 300! (boots holding me down)

Smart loot system does not seem to be working that well, every boot engram I identify is lowe than what I have equipped.

What I got:
I got the Chest Piece, the Sniper Rifle, The Ghost Shell, the shotgun and a second Hunter Cloak.

We also had the 20 fragments and Oryx didn't drop anything special for anyone

So yeah, awesome raiding team.

So... Can these fragments be bugged? Destiny ghost Hunter says I have 44 while Destiny tells me I have 39. Do I need to check all again to see which of them I'm "missing" or will I get the quest when I pickup the 45th?

I think ghost hunter picks up the account wide ones, in game is character based

Impulsor

And by the way. About the last raid encounter:

After getting all the mechanics down and having everybody learn what to do, we killed oryx in like three tries yesterday. Feels soooo goood.

Lima

Gjallarhorn didn't even need to be left behind. It's not like DPS matters with the Oryx fight. You can't speed it up even if you wanted to.

GlamFM

Banned

You picked up 5 with an alt.

Just ordered my Ps4. Got the limited edition Destiny bundle with mgsv on amazon.

Does the game still require you to get to level 15 to pick a different subclass on the first character? I'm making a Hunter and I prefer bladedancer (or even nightstalker if I can get it earlier than 25).

ocean

Banned

90% reused content sounds a little strange. The main campaign quest kicks off in Phobos, takes you to the Devil's Spire above Cosmodrome, and takes place largely in the Dreadnaught - all of this is new. The only reused content I remember was the Hellmouth / Crota's End encounters, but coming back to these areas made sense narratively.

You don't have to apologize for being disappointed - we each have something in mind that we're looking for and it's up to the game to deliver, not up to us to just accept it.

But following this "main campaign", there are still numerous quest lines. These involve a combination of some Patrol objectives, a few new missions, 4 new Strikes, the Court of Oryx and eventually the epic, enormous King's Fall.

Off the top of my head, and I know I'm forgetting several, Ikora, Eris, Petra, Variks all have new missions (note: some of these are super hard, others are mini-missions) interspersed with bounty-type "do 5 Strikes" or "kill X on Patrol".

The exploration part you'll understand once you start patrolling the Dreadnaught. You'll often find a chest which needs a key, or get a Security Pass or Rune you don't know what to do this. The place has quite a few puzzles.

I also wish the main campaign had been longer but the sheer amount of stuff to do once those missions are over can be overwhelming. Some of it I really liked, other quests are collectathon filler shit. But doing it all got me ready for the Raid, and goddamn was that worth it.

Lima

Would make killing the Ogres to easy, and the sister would be even easier. Glad it's left behind.

Raid spoilers

I mean those are not even real Ogres. They are wimpy kids and die quickly anyway.

And well for the sisters I don't think Gjallarhorn would be quicker than a full team firing Touch of Malice at them.

nOoblet16

I'll start to work on my final alt today, it's my warlock...saved the worst for the last.

Anyone wants to do the same? It won't take any more than 3 hours or so to get to a decent enough level, I already have gear that should take me to ~270 the moment I hit 40.

Carl

I mean those are not even real Ogres. They are wimpy kids and die quickly anyway.

And well for the sisters I don't think Gjallarhorn would be quicker than a full team firing Touch of Malice at them

Did you miss the part where you're supposed to spoiler raid stuff?

Skele7on

Banned
308 scout
310 sniper
304 gauntlets with hand cannon speed reload!

No ghost yet :(
Overall pretty awesome haul last night.

Plus got it done in 1 hour 35 mins whilst messing around getting fragments and chests

Marvel

could never
I'll start to work on my final alt today, it's my warlock...saved the worst for the last.

Anyone wants to do the same? It won't take any more than 3 hours or so to get to a decent enough level, I already have gear that should take me to ~270 the moment I hit 40.
Happy to help mate.

GlamFM

Banned

That 90% reused content part makes me question if you have even played TTK or if you are just trolling.

bitsurugi

Touch of Malice GOT!

Too bad the game trolls you hard, by requiring you to get another 30 Hadiums, after you spent all your 50 to get the gun ><

So, yeah,
Oryx
died yet another time, my fifth kill and boy, this one was super smooth. Thanks to the American continent pr0 team: N00mi, Sparrows, XO, Gunnerz & Co. Was super late night for me (i look like straight from Dawn of the dead today at work), but i knew with this experienced team it would be a quick run. While sherpaing new ppl is very rewarding is also very time and energy consuming, so i was glad to not worry about explaining strats and teaching this time around.
We did the whole thing in less then 2 hours, while grabbing chests, swapping people and learning new roles. Pretty sure we can do it in about 1h, w/o the chests.

Getting confident with all the
jumping puzzles, hunter is my favourite, you just equit the Bones and there is no jump to be afraid of.

About the loot i discovered the following:

- Oryx 1st kill will net you at least 1 primary (plus emblem and quest item)
- 2nd kill and onward will not be a guaranteed drop of a primary (you can only get shards as on other bosses)
- the game will take your 20 shards and give you a RANDOM drop from any of the encounters (ghost, class item, primary, secondary, heavy, class armor etc).
- Oryx has a chance to drop a random exotic item

On my hunter i lost my 20 shards and got the class item, which drops from daughters.
This theory is confirmed by the reports i read from others.

My RNG was kinda off, got only doubles as last week: run the whole thing five times, still miss helmet, fusion, sniper, HMG, AR, Scout).

Got my titan to 307, Hunter is 304, Warlock 299. Can't wait for Hard and
challenge
mode!

ocean

Banned

I need to start my Warlock. Om only unlocked Stormcaller on him, haven't done anything after that and I've been dreading doing it alone :p

Let's do it! Once we get Dreadnaught Patrol we should try and group up with someone for Court of Oryx. That quest gives a 300 Artifact and will clear the main roadblock to getting these alts Raid ready.

I'll be home at around 18h CET, up for this or a raid or two.

Bradach

Myself and a few buddies are almost ready to raid.

How many of the team should be higher than 290? Would it be too frustrating with six 290 players?

Top Bottom