• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT31| The Courted Oryx (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

Jinjo

No idea, I think someone said they were going to the gym tonight?
But I will probably be online after 6 (+1 gmt) if there will be a continuation of last nights pwnage!

Edit:

Aha! There's the culprit! But 9:30 would work for me, got ~2 hours or so as well. On Friday I got from 5 -> whenever.

I can do from 6 pm (GMT+1) to 7:30pm as well. Then I have to go though. Already missed last week due to being sick. No more Destiny gains over real-life gains lol.

Maybe tomorrow? peeps seem to have more time then xD don't want anyone to miss out.

Tomorrow 8:30 GMT+1 (7:30 UK) is perfect. I like to focus and just keep going in a longer sitting.

Whelp, today was a big milestone. Fun new light level and fun new weapon!

D5pjGMy.jpg

My guardian is looking very festive for the Halloween season!

Marvel

could never
Awesome, with such little time I don't think we would have knocked out that new section anyway. Need to learn it.

Jinjo

Awesome, with such little time I don't think we would have knocked out that new section anyway. Need to learn it.

Yeah, think so too. Time better spend on doing some other things in Destiny and then settle in the groove on thursday and go hard on that Oryx paint at 7:30 GMT

I am ready to start my alt now.

Anyone else wants to level up to 40 ?

From 5pm GMT+1 I'll be on levelling my baby Titan probably. I'm at restoration story mission lol. If you use that spark of light though, you'll immediately go to lv 25 though and unlock all missions on the map.

I used it on a previously made Titan, but then 2 days later decided I didn't like the look and rerolled agan lol.

ocean

Banned
I actually haven't done CoO at all yet! Is it unlocked through a quest or do I just go to the place with my rune?

This is good to know. I thought you couldn't even get in below 290. There might be one of us a bit below the 290 level.
Go there and participate in an event. It can be your rune or a random's, doesn't matter. Then go back and talk to Eris at the tower. She won't have an icon over her but talking to her should prompt her to give you the ToO quest.

Doing 6 Tier 1 (Reciprocal Rune), 3 Tier 2 (Stolen Rune) and a Tier 3 (Antiquated Rune) completed the quest and gives you a 300 Light Artifact. Even without that quest just playing there for a while should drop a bunch of engrams. And it's pretty fun if you're not solo.

Btw for the quest the runes don't have to be yours. If I use my Antiquated Rune and you complete the event with me, it will count for us both for the Eris quest.

I suck at crucible but had gotten okay with The Last Word but now I'm not so sure I'll beat this Chaperone quest. It blows.

Only equip TLW when you have your super/heavy (basically times when you are guaranteed a kill) and unequip it otherwise. I finished it by spamming hammers and making sure I got the heavy each time it popped.

Skele7on

Banned
Cool. I have 16 atm. Might just buy 2 from Eris, then get another 2 from
Deathsingers
and then when clearing Oryx first time I'll have a double drop.

unless you already got the 50 you need plus spares don't bother they're too much to grind IMO, need a ghost that can double the drops seriously.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
wow the degree to which I shouldn't be awake right now is so real. finished at 296 for the night, thanks vaalbar and dhruv for the help with errythang

sexy new fusion to play with tomorrow

Jinjo

unless you already got the 50 you need plus spares don't bother they're too much to grind IMO, need a ghost that can double the drops seriously.

There's Hadium flakes ghosts?

And yeah, I saw you need 50 flakes as part of the Malice questline too. And then another 30 to fully upgrade...

nOoblet16

Yeah, think so too. Time better spend on doing some other things in Destiny and then settle in the groove on thursday and go hard on that Oryx paint at 7:30 GMT

From 5pm GMT+1 I'll be on levelling my baby Titan probably. I'm at restoration story mission lol. If you use that spark of light though, you'll immediately go to lv 25 though and unlock all missions on the map.

I used it on a previously made Titan, but then 2 days later decided I didn't like the look and rerolled agan lol.
I am levelling up from 34. All my alts were 34 before TTK.

Never running the main story again ever.

Waldini

So ... when Trials of Osiris launches ... how are they going to fix the power balance between those who completed the Raid (and received 300+ weapons/gear) and those who did not?

Trials of Osiris, the HoW version, did the right thing IMO. They gave you the ability to ascend gear that was best for PvP. Now, with TTK and the shift from Level to Light ... I worry that players will use Raid Gear instead of Infused Gear. Dont' get me wrong, I'd do the same but I'm a filthy-casual player and currently at 285 light. "Light" goes up slow, but steady.

I don't think Bungie will lock Trials of Osiris at 300 light though ... here's hoping!

Jinjo

I am levelling up from 34. All my ALTs were 34 before TTK.

Ow haha.... Yeah mine were too, but deleted and rolled a new Titan for fun. It's a whopping level 3 now lol. Still, this + TTK should keep me busy till next DLC for sure.

So ... when Trials of Osiris launches ... how are they going to fix the power balance between those who completed the Raid (and received 300+ weapons/gear) and those who did not?

Trials of Osiris, the HoW version, did the right thing IMO. They gave you the ability to ascend gear that was best for PvP. Now, with TTK and the shift from Level to Light ... I worry that players will use Raid Gear instead of Infused Gear. Dont' get me wrong, I'd do the same but I'm a filthy-casual player and currently at 285 light. "Light" goes up slow, but steady.

I don't think Bungie will lock Trials of Osiris at 300 light though ... here's hoping!

I got 300 legendary gear from regular drops so I wouldn't worry about that. But what about the people that bought HoW only and not TTK. Their ToO will be pretty much impossible with a 6 level + 130 light gap. Fair thing would be to have a legacy ToO, but more likely they'll fuck over the non-TTK playerbase.

Bradach

Go there and participate in an event. It can be your rune or a random's, doesn't matter. Then go back and talk to Eris at the tower. She won't have an icon over her but talking to her should prompt her to give you the ToO quest.

Doing 6 Tier 1 (Reciprocal Rune), 3 Tier 2 (Stolen Rune) and a Tier 3 (Antiquated Rune) completed the quest and gives you a 300 Light Artifact. Even without that quest just playing there for a while should drop a bunch of engrams. And it's pretty fun if you're not solo.

Btw for the quest the runes don't have to be yours. If I use my Antiquated Rune and you complete the event with me, it will count for us both for the Eris quest.

Brilliant. My current artifact is a piece of junk. I'm currently at the top end of 289 so that will be the item that gets me over the line for the raid at the weekend.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Shit forgot to order from the gunsmith last night. If I order now will they arrive instantly today or not until next week?

Also how do I get a 300 artifact? Someone said rank 5 with Eris will give you one.

ocean

Banned

Raid weapons are looking more and more as just stuff to use for Infusion. But yeah Iron Banner favored PvE players because going in the only way to be level 30 was using Raid armor. I expect this to be no different. Power advantages enabled should mean exactly that.

There's Hadium flakes ghosts?

And yeah, I saw you need 50 flakes as part of the Malice questline too. And then another 30 to fully upgrade...

If you do a lot of Court of Oryx Eris gives you 10-15 for a level up along with Stolen and Antiquated runes. Ended up getting I think 3 levels running tier 3 trains the last couple days.

Jinjo

Raid weapons are looking more and more as just stuff to use for Infusion. But yeah Iron Banner favored PvE players because going in the only way to be level 30 was using Raid armor. I expect this to be no different. Power advantages enabled should mean exactly that.

ToO will probably grant 310 light gear though. The discrepancy between say 295 (average pre/non-raid players) and 305 (average post-raid players) light won't be that much of a disadvantage. And you don't need a full 9 flawless wins for armor or the weapon. Think of the HoW-only crowd though lol.

If you do a lot of Court of Oryx Eris gives you 10-15 for a level up along with Stolen and Antiquated runes. Ended up getting I think 3 levels running tier 3 trains the last couple days.

If only these antiquated runes would drop for me. :(

so i should infuse this shitty ass raid fusion rifle right? hate this thing lol

nOoblet16

They are stuff for infusion. Good weapons but nothing exceptional about them except for the cocoon perk which works downright amazing for some of the tense fights when switching between Machine gun and primary.

wow the degree to which I shouldn't be awake right now is so real. finished at 296 for the night, thanks vaalbar and dhruv for the help with errythang

sexy new fusion to play with tomorrow

You guys beat
Oryx
? Congrats! Sorry I had to bounce but I've been sleep deprived the last several days playing this damn game, lol.

I kinda agree. I've gotten
the fusion, pulse and shotgun
so far. All have been used to infuse other guns. They aren't really that good in my opinion. The only one I'd really like to have would be the
sniper. Having ammo reload on stow would be great for all aspects of the raid.

You can get to 310 without doing any raid I thought. Non raid drops go to 300,and once you're 300 exotic engrams have a chance to drop at 310 unless I'm mistaken.

nOoblet16

You can get to 310 without doing any raid I thought. Non raid drops go to 300,and once you're 300 exotic engrams have a chance to drop at 310 unless I'm mistaken.
Yea but you can only have one exotic weapon and armour at any given time, two of them at 310 while the rest at 300 would mean you end up somewhere around 302-303.

Skele7on

Banned

Exotic grind would be tough though I'd much rather put my faith in raid RNG.

Yea but you can only have one exotic weapon and armour at any given time, two of them at 310 while the rest at 300 would mean you end up somewhere around 302-303.

I believe you can use exotics to rank up legendary items

Top Bottom