• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT31| The Courted Oryx (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

Good idea. Thanks for the heads up!

Also kill medals/streaks give tons of percentage points (double kill, triple down, super specific multi-kills, marksman, etc). Just make sure to change it when you think you are about to die. I was scrambling a few times and just switched it before I ended up with the gun to my face, haha.

Tovarisc

Also by Datto;

You don't have to kill Darkblade in 30 seconds. You have to kill your warden and Darkblade within 30 seconds OF EACH OTHER.

Namikaze1

Sword done. But we fucked up. One of our guys had void sword while two of us had solar. Dhruv and I got our swords but flocki didn't. Doing it again to help him out with his sword.

Skele7on

Banned
can someone who has finished the raid this week do me a favor and see if on the app it shows them completing it, also on selecting the raid does it still say you can get stuff?
As after completing yesterday it shows as it not being finished and still says "raid gear" on the rewards, I think by some miracle I may get another shot at loot on my warlock this week!

Jinjo

If you placed an order last week, the packages will be in your inventory, in their respective weapon slots. Go to gunsmith and trade them for the weapons.

They are 280 and have terrible perks, oh well at least you get free shards.

Ugh. The fuck. Waiting a week for this? Thought they were gonna make Gunsmith viable. Guess you're done with that dude as soon as you hit rank 3 for the class-specific special & primary.

nOoblet16

The gunsmith weapons are 280 and they are terrible. Both in terms of stats and perks. I ordered the suros scout rifle and it's nothing but trash.

What the fuck?

Klyka

Banned
The gunsmith weapons are 280 and they are terrible. Both in terms of stats and perks. I ordered the suros scout rifle and it's just bad.

What the fuck?

Each order actually gives you a gun with different stats/perks to choose from per gunsmith level.
I got gunsmith lvl 3 and could choose between 3 scouts, 3 pulse and 3 shotguns, all with different stats perks.
I got a pretty cool häkke pulse rifle out of it that i will infuse up :D

can someone who has finished the raid this week do me a favor and see if on the app it shows them completing it, also on selecting the raid does it still say you can get stuff?
As after completing yesterday it shows as it not being finished and still says "raid gear" on the rewards, I think by some miracle I may get another shot at loot on my warlock this week!

Raid progression for King's fall on bungie.net and the app is bugged. Never shows any progress.

Ugh. The fuck. Waiting a week for this? Thought they were gonna make Gunsmith viable. Guess you're done with that dude as soon as you hit rank 3 for the class-specific special & primary.

The new packages this week have more variety, hopefully they will have decent perks next week and you can infuse higher level gear to use them.

But yea, this system is basically 2500 glimmer for 3 marks exchange :/

The hakke weapons are so bad

The gunsmith weapons are 280 and they are terrible. Both in terms of stats and perks. I ordered the suros scout rifle and it's nothing but trash.

What the fuck?

Yup, garbage, Got 3 weapons and all were trash. 9 marks for 7500 glimmer basically.

Waldini

Raid weapons are looking more and more as just stuff to use for Infusion. But yeah Iron Banner favored PvE players because going in the only way to be level 30 was using Raid armor. I expect this to be no different. Power advantages enabled should mean exactly that.

This is what bothers me the most. Bungie stepped away from this Raid-Gear = max level thing when they released House of Wolves. Yet, with TTK ... they appear to be going the same route they did before HoW.

O well. Can't complain yet. Dont even know how ToO will turn out :)

Skele7on

Banned
Raid progression for King's fall on bungie.net and the app is bugged. Never shows any progress.

and my heart sank, cheers I thought by some miracle I got a second chance at a ghost.
Will level hunter today/tomorrow and get him ready for raid in that case.

In regards to Gunsmith weapons, maybe it uses what you were last week to be a guide for the weapon you get this week?

Although probably not and it's rubbish.

and my heart sank, cheers I thought by some miracle I got a second chance at a ghost.
Will level hunter today/tomorrow and get him ready for raid in that case.

Few of us killed Oryx on our alts yesterday, we were in an instance before the reset but killed oryx 15-20 mins after reset. Since we were already in pre-reset instance, we should have received rewards for last week, but it counted as this week. :(

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
That was the hardest strike in the game by far lol. My group was trying to tackle them ALL at first - keeping each of the three wardens alive til we could smoke them all comfortably but geez

fortunately, we only had arc and void to get

more fortunately, we all had mics and were down to talk it out

took us three tries to get the two for one but we did it. fuuuuuuuu level 300 is not a suggestion. you will get WORKED in this strike if you're not 290 at the very least imo

edit: sword is 310!! OH WONDERFUL DAY

Skele7on

Banned
Few of us killed Oryx on our alts yesterday, we were in an instance before the reset but killed oryx 15-20 mins after reset. Since we were already in pre-reset instance, we should have received rewards for last week, but it counted as this week. :(

that's not cool at all. very much looking forward to people knowing what they're doing in raids, I couldn't remember how tiring it is to lead guardians through encounters.

Herding cats is a term I like to use. In regards to swords, are they then in the weapons vault to buy again if so what level are they?

nOoblet16

Each order actually gives you a gun with different stats/perks to choose from per gunsmith level.
I got gunsmith lvl 3 and could choose between 3 scouts, 3 pulse and 3 shotguns, all with different stats perks.
I got a pretty cool häkke pulse rifle out of it that i will infuse up :D
I didn't get to choose anything.

Namikaze1

that's not cool at all. very much looking forward to people knowing what they're doing in raids, I couldn't remember how tiring it is to lead guardians through encounters.

Herding cats is a term I like to use. In regards to swords, are they then in the weapons vault to buy again if so what level are they?
If they are in the blueprint kiosk, 280 like everything else. Touch of Mailce is a 310 drop but a 280 from blueprint.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
omg the bolt-caster is beautiful ;_;

all those arc kills

all that material gathering

crucible sword cheese

RIP bladedancer. this sword will carry on your legacy
because you are useless now

I'd say with TTK they've moved beyond that stage now?

Remains to be seen! :D Storywise it was an improvement for sure, and the "fill the bars" quests are good for giving something to do for a longer while.

I still think they will change mechanics and stuff like the Arms Day rewards.

Also the smart loot doesn't really work as i'm sure everyone of us has atleast 4 copies of Diluvian 10 heavy machinegun already :D

BraXzy

Shit forgot to order from the gunsmith last night. If I order now will they arrive instantly today or not until next week?

Also how do I get a 300 artifact? Someone said rank 5 with Eris will give you one.

After Sunday-ish, armsday orders disappear from the Gunsmith :(

Top Bottom