• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT31| The Courted Oryx (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

Skele7on

Banned
as does the hand cannon

that why i dont bother reloading

just swap to special/heavy for 4-5 secs

swap back

fully reloaded

RAID STUFFS

Yeah usually that's true, but when you're hammering DPS at golgaroth my sniper is usually done in two seconds as I spam the shots, although granted I was using a sword, I need a machine gun, buying thunderlord with marks, it has to be done.

Damn I like the perk on those. Is there a way to get them with a quest or anything or is it a matter of Xur/engram?

They're not year two loot tables (i think) so pray for legacy engram or them showing with Xur.

Also Red Bull finally replied to the faulty codes email, and sent me new codes, and they worked.

A little too late though, all my characters are already 300+ and leveled up.

RAID STUFFS

Yeah usually that's true, but when you're hammering DPS at golgaroth my sniper is usually done in two seconds as I spam the shots, although granted I was using a sword, I need a machine gun, buying thunderlord with marks, it has to be done.

you need the raid machine gun with cocoon

never have to reload

Skele7on

Banned
Also Red Bull finally replied to the faulty codes email, and sent me new codes, and they worked.

A little too late though, all my characters are already 300+ and leveled up.

waiting on my emails at the moment, it's partially the reason I've held off ranking hunter/titan for so long.

you need the raid machine gun with cocoon

never have to reload

I know right! Tell that to RNG!!!!

JHall

Damn I like the perk on those. Is there a way to get them with a quest or anything or is it a matter of Xur/engram?

As of right now the only way to get them would be to run Prison of Elders and pray to RNGesus since they are a year 1 exotic.

Skele7on

Banned
one code gives 6x focus light so that's good i suppose.

rng loves giving out dupes. so smart

That's cool, will keep scanning my emails for them then.

haha I know which is why I need to Level my hunter so much!!!

Will probably bite the bullet and just start it today.

Praying for ghost shell and Machine gun.

Feorax

Popped my antiquated rune into the CoO just then.

Got to admit, did not expect what came out of that portal. Don't think the blueberries I was with knew what hit them.

Think that one is going to need a proper fireteam though.

shem935

Banned
Final step in the exotic sword quest bugged on me. Killed both targets within 5 seconds. Only gave me credit for the secondary boss and not Alahkul. This sucks.

Just ordered my Ps4. Got the limited edition Destiny bundle with mgsv on amazon.

Does the game still require you to get to level 15 to pick a different subclass on the first character? I'm making a Hunter and I prefer bladedancer (or even nightstalker if I can get it earlier than 25).

Quoting my question, this OT moves so fast!

shenze

Banned
Any raids going? I'm not experienced at all in the raid but I am a quick learner and I am kinda hoping to get in one that has experienced people so it goes fast (don't have much time). Any takers? PSN:eek:ptimus8936

EL CUCO

Dailies have become a poop show. 3 of 6 teammates AFK'ing at spawn. After melee'ing them a few times, they started moving. Shortly after I caught them hiding in a corner...

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
160 Wormspore from drops in strikes. Thank fuck for these perks on ghosts. Need one for Helium Filaments.

After Sunday-ish, armsday orders disappear from the Gunsmith :(

Oh thanks for that. Better keep a closer eye from now on.

Does anyone have a spare Red Bull code?

Just to let you know there is huge delays with these arriving to the postmaster. I've done 11 over 3 weeks and still waiting. It has it mentioned on Bungie.net but no eta on a fix.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Anyone want to team up and finish off this sword quest? I can almost taste my exotic sword now!

PSN = Ikkarus

Me! my psn is ultrajari (we were in the raid together yesterday :))

edit: I see you're full, anyone else doing it?

DarKshodaN

Anyone up for the Exotic Quest?
Light Level 295 no mic but i read what to do at the end, don't want to do that with randoms to get screwed up :)

Skele7on

Banned
Just ordered my Ps4. Got the limited edition Destiny bundle with mgsv on amazon.

Does the game still require you to get to level 15 to pick a different subclass on the first character? I'm making a Hunter and I prefer bladedancer (or even nightstalker if I can get it earlier than 25).

you get one free boost to 25 with TTK ;)

But I would actually just play through the first story and use the boost for a second character.

Does anyone know if those boosts rank subclasses as my titan was always just a bubble bro he was only meant for crota.

Dunlop

Dailies have become a poop show. 3 of 6 teammates AFK'ing at spawn. After melee'ing them a few times, they started moving. Shortly after I caught them hiding in a corner...

I tried 3 heroic strikes last night

3/3 had a person AFK at the boss and then the other member leave

Fantastic waste of over an hour of my time.

I hope Destiny 2 has better team management tools

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Exotic sword quest for people who have finished it. What do we do at boss?

Apparently he never teleports if you just melee. So 3 people just go in with the sword and block his attacks. swing, swing, block.

This is purely theoretical btw. Haven't done it yet.

Kyoufu

I don't understand what to do. We killed the major and the boss within 30 seconds of each other and the quest didn't complete.

Skele7on

Banned
Heroic strikes with randoms the worst, got the one when you had to carry the relic.

Ended up soloing it, fuck my life it was tough, thank god for storm grenades, Jesus.

then those two assholes disconnected and I had a couple of guys although not the greatest at least helped me kill the boss.

Bungie please.

need a perk that grants hadium flakes.

x1000

X-Frame

I'm going to need to group up with GAF after work today to do the exotic sword quest. I don't trust randoms.

I need my Dark-Drinker!

you get one free boost to 25 with TTK ;)

But I would actually just play through the first story and use the boost for a second character.

Does anyone know if those boosts rank subclasses as my titan was always just a bubble bro he was only meant for crota.

Yea I was planning to play all the way from level 1. Looking forward to being a noob again haha

DarKshodaN

This is from the Bungie Forum, thats how its done i guess:

Yes it's its own strike, 300 Darkblade with the Epic modifier. Everything is more or less the same up until the boss fight, where about every 20% into Alak-Hul's health a Yellow Knight will spawn. They're all unique, the first (For the Arc Sword) having an arc shield and sword, the second (For the Void Sword) having a void shield and boomer, and the third (For the Fire Sword) with an Fire Shield, Hive shredder, and the obnoxious ability to spam the flame font that Taken Knights throw out.

They're all fairly easy to kill (which could be considered a bad thing because of the whole 30 seconds to kill Alak-Hul)(Cursed thralls absolutely will kill them with splash damage), only taking about 10 swings with the sword tailored to their shields to down, so you essentially have to avoid all the ones you need for the quest chain until Alak-Hul is below 10%, kill the knight(first, we assumed if we killed Alak-Hul first they'd just despawn), then Alak-Hul.

The Arc blade R1/RT ability felt like it was described incorrectly, it fires more like a discus with range for almost any encounter in Destiny.

Edit: when anyone wants to do this with my just add: darkshodan84
but no mic at the moment

What's this exotic sword quest I'm hearing about?

And man, I need to run the raid today; spent all weekend grinding my Titan to 292. Anyone down to do a fresh run around 6pm EST?

Top Bottom