• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT31| The Courted Oryx (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

From doing CoO Tier 3 yesterday maybe 5 times, I'm convinced no blueberry has ever fought Crota. Not a single one knew how to do it or could figure it out based on watching me or the text prompt on the screen.

*Insert raid match making argument here*

I'm sure these guys had never done it. 7 man running at him with swords and he just one hits them all. Instead of thinking hmm something's going on here, they just do it again and again. That was a rage quit for me.

Looks like I'll be grinding for tier 3 runes too this week fannnnnnntastic.

Although I do have 25 fragments so will see if I can do it without it.

I missed the Tier 3 fragment from last week, so I have to get this one to get to 45.
It's super easy, but I had the luck to find 7 man that shared one brain cell.

Met up with a guy from LFG who needed to complete CoO 3. When we arrived 5 others were already taking part so we joined in. He used his rune for stage 3 and all the others did was attack the immune enemies. The guy from LFG raged so hard and quit 😄

I admit, I raged and quit out as well. There was even a guy that picked up the sword and went to hiding behind a rock...he must have taken over the OG swordbearer's role.

Nuszka

.... errr ... GAF?

dkYLuJl.jpg

Ok , i need it.

Raybunny

Source on that exotic sniper pls, everything is fake until we have proof!

*edit*

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyThe...ust_received_black_spindle_from_daily_heroic/

He his saying that he just boarded the ketch at the end of the mission. Will try to do that today. BTW what daily mission is it today?

http://destinystatus.com/psn/tackiesttaco

He's got a Classified Special. The only classified weapon I've seen so far is Touch of Malice and that goes in the Primary slot.

Could be legit?

I supose Bungie has hidden some weapons in their armory to avoid a way to analyse how to get it ( flavor text and such). Maybe its true.

Skele7on

Banned
It's Ace of Spades day! :D

You have to be the person who put the rune in to get the fragment. Don't have to get the last hit or whatever.

danke

Honestly the main story is so much more enjoyable when you don't have to worry about gear or levelling up. That 25 boost with all the stuff that came with it was amazing. I wouldn't even bother waiting to use it on another character

absolutely loads of confirmations on reddit GO GAF GO

noomi

Ok , i need it.

Well, I know what we are doing today :D

My lunch break is at 11 in case you want to try for this, or I'll be home after 3:30PM

http://destinystatus.com/psn/tackiesttaco

He's got a Classified Special. The only classified weapon I've seen so far is Touch of Malice and that goes in the Primary slot.

Could be legit?

He his saying that he just boarded the ketch at the end of the mission. Will try to do that today. BTW what daily mission is it today?

Details seem a bit confusing at the moment, we will know shortly. I'm sure someone is trying to get this as we speak.

ocean

Banned
I wonder why this Black Spindle wasn't data-mined....

hmmm.....
Like Touch of Malice, it's "classified" and not viewable through the API. You can't even see or transfer ToM with the companion app or loadouts or any of that.

This guy's Secondary slot is showing the same "empty" a lot I've got on my Primary for equipping ToM on Dstatus.

I

noomi

So many exotics, will be picking up exotic sword after work, and hopefully exotic sniper during lunch.

Will come in handy for Kings Fall Raid :D

ocean

Banned
Only bad thing about Classified guns is 1) they're a pain to move to an alt, gotta do it in-game and 2) goddamn shame they don't get a Grimoire card with some lore

Jinjo

haha I used them shits in the raid no shame

just for jumping of course

Yesterday I forgot to take 'em off after. Was doing the totem/plate section at 275 without knowing lol.

Also, holy shit at that BH exotic. Most coveted exotic in the game if true?

Skele7on

Banned
Only bad thing about Classified guns is 1) they're a pain to move to an alt, gotta do it in-game and 2) goddamn shame they don't get a Grimoire card with some lore

I would expect these classified ones to receive love once they become known or the next DLC? Surely.

maomaoIYP

The rank 3 scout seems pretty damn good. All three selections for the high impact pulse were mediocre, all three for the shotgun were just shit. Anyone with rank 3 have info on the low impact pulse?

Jinjo

I dismantled a Black Hammer after TTK release, but Eris only gave me some rep for the item I got. Maybe you need to use that item to upgrade it?

We'll get this shit later!

I'll be home early today. Like 3pm GMT early lol.

bitsurugi

can someone who has finished the raid this week do me a favor and see if on the app it shows them completing it, also on selecting the raid does it still say you can get stuff?
As after completing yesterday it shows as it not being finished and still says "raid gear" on the rewards, I think by some miracle I may get another shot at loot on my warlock this week!

The app is off, was also off last week. It's just a bug atm, hope they fix it soon.

Skele7on

Banned
I dismantled a Black Hammer after TTK release, but Eris only gave me some rep for the item I got. Maybe you need to use that item to upgrade it?

I'll be home early today. Like 3pm GMT early lol.

mother of god please no.

CPUes51WoAAIkqI.jpg

MY IRL Dark Drinker Exotic Sword.

ocean

Banned
WHat's a classified gun
Apparently Bungie didn't want us to know about every single Exotic weapon and quest before TTK released. So they coded some stuff in a way that doesn't let the data mining APIs see it.

My Hunter has a Touch of Malice equipped right now, but if you try checking out my gear in Destinystatus or any tracker page, or even the official Destiny Companion App, it just shows as blank.

Are you killing them with sword blows, I think that matters.

No it does not.

Have to kill boss after killing warden.

Make sure you kill the correct warden. There are three of them, one for each damage type. The one you have to kill is the one with the same shield element as your legendary sword. Check the quest description for his name.

Yup, if you have void sword, kill the void warden, and so on.

Good afternoon Gaf.

So how is the new sword and its particular mechanics?

At 4.30 GMT I will be at home ready to tackle 3x NF and 6xDailies before a Raid. Anyone up to join on me and finish those?

6x dailies? what are you smoking ray? :p

I can do 1 nightfall and we can do the sword quest as well.

From doing CoO Tier 3 yesterday maybe 5 times, I'm convinced no blueberry has ever fought Crota. Not a single one knew how to do it or could figure it out based on watching me or the text prompt on the screen.

*Insert raid match making argument here*

Mistakes were made. By you. For assuming blueberries know anything :p

Is your warlock raid ready yet?

Ji66a and I did't get anything from Oryx on our 2nd run last night, same as you :(

Just double drops on loot we already have. 3 x gloves, 2 x chest, 3 x pulse rifle. ugh.

.... errr ... GAF?

dkYLuJl.jpg

Clearly fake. That's a photoshopped blackhammer

Top Bottom