• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT31| The Courted Oryx (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

SpecX

Seriously what's going on. Just finished the daily then hear about an exotic black hammer? Who's running this and needs another to join?

ocean

Banned
What happened today that everyone is able to get an exotic sword suddenly?

And for the love of god can someone post some kind of details about this sniper rifle other than a youtube link? It's like hearing only one side of a conversation.
Once you Infuse your Exotic sword past 280 a final upgrade is made available. Unlock that upgrade and Shax will have a new quest. This long as fuck and tedious quest required waiting until Armaday (Wednesday) to keep moving. Today, the next step arrived, and people are doing it for their 310 Exotic Sword reward.

As for Exotic: it's a 310 Exotic Sniper Rifle with the same stats and perks as Black Hammer (which sort of explains why they'd bother to nerf White Nail in 2.0). It's a guaranteed reward from taking an alternative path in today's Daily, leading to a time-trial fight against some Taken.

SnakeEyes

Banned
what's the method to get it?
Nothing confirmed, but from the section where you have to run from the Hive,
my team ran past everything and no one died in the process. Once we reached the 3-rune door room, the side room to Taniks' Ketch was already open (no scanning required), so we ran up to the lift, reloaded all ammo, then went up and fought everything.

FYI, for the final fight, rockets are preferred - they make dealing with Driviks and his MONSTEROUS number of adds easier to deal with.

How? There's so many enemies. We killed the boss and they don't despawn.
They don't. You have to kill ALL enemies in that room before the timer expires.

Also, it registers in the Exotic Weapons Collection screen once you get it as a Level 40 weapon at 300 Attack. The one that drops from the fight is a Level 30 version, but at 310 Attack.

nOoblet16

- Got to level 40, gave my guy 300+ weapons, a 290 exotic chest and a 298 helm.

- Decrypted some 15-20 engrams that I had saved up for this moment.

- My final alt is now 290.

Lol

I even got a 275 artefact out of random so that 200 one you get from vanguard isn't holding me back. Will do Court some time later to get the 300 artefact

Damn, reading some of the above posts I prob shouldn't even bother joining a team at 278 :(

Would have been a nice boost and certainly helped with a few sections of the raid.

Omni

Got the sniper.

It's actually funny because I ran into that area on launch but it was closed off. Suppose I didn't get there in time. Or maybe it's just heroic only. Oh well. Woooo!

Damn it, we can kill the Ultra but you have to take out all the Taken?
Yep. We must have spent maybe 5 minutes in that room alone. Powered through the others very quickly. Make sure you focus on the rift things first

SnakeEyes

Banned
Damn it, we can kill the Ultra but you have to take out all the Taken?
4255240-yuuup.jpg

Omni

Naw man, I think the scope is bugged on the Black Spindle. It doesn't change from default even after selecting another one

Tovarisc

Everyone is talking about getting exotic black hammer, but no one bothers to tell how to start quest for it.

FFS, don't leave me hanging! :(

MrS

Banned
Can you run straight through to the Ultra in the final room or is every room gated til you take out all the Taken?

Mupod

Once you Infuse your Exotic sword past 280 a final upgrade is made available. Unlock that upgrade and Shax will have a new quest. This long as fuck and tedious quest required waiting until Armaday (Wednesday) to keep moving. Today, the next step arrived, and people are doing it for their 310 Exotic Sword reward.

As for Exotic: it's a 310 Exotic Sniper Rifle with the same stats and perks as Black Hammer (which sort of explains why they'd bother to nerf White Nail in 2.0). It's a guaranteed reward from taking an alternative path in today's Daily, leading to a time-trial fight against some Taken.

I see - I've yet to even use the sword I've got much less upgrade it. I don't even know where or when I'd use an exotic sword so I'm in no rush.

I'm vaguely aware that something called Black Hammer was pretty good but I never got one myself. But I managed to find a 310 exotic sniper from an engram late last night - I had just hit 301 during the raid and immediately went 3oC farming. I was super excited as it was the last thing that dropped, exactly what I wanted, and everything before it had decoded as 290. So while I would definitely have a use for this item I am kind of annoyed that my Hereafter might be irrelevant before I even get to try it out.

Zoidberg

So you can do it on the story heroic mission apparently, doesnt need to be the daily.

Makes me wonder what other surprises there are.

Top Bottom