• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT31| The Courted Oryx (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

LF someone to help me and my partner with running the daily heroic for the exotic sniper rifle. We are both around 255 Light so should be doable.

Message me on PSN: CmdrN7Shepard

noomi

Curious if any of the upgrade nodes on the new black hammer require the rune from dismantling the Black Hammer 1.0?

Shito

Shit is hard.
We failed once already, no time left.
Also, it seems you have to kill the ogre before it is taken for the door to be opened.

ocean

Banned
Naw man, I think the scope is bugged on the Black Spindle. It doesn't change from default even after selecting another one
Exotic Snipers tend to have a single scope, and first-column barrels to chose from instead.

This one might be bugged for the moment. Wouldn't be surprised to see those change to let you select barrels instead of scopes.
Everyone is talking about getting exotic black hammer, but no one bothers to tell how to start quest for it.

FFS, don't leave me hanging! :(
The video was posted like a half dozen times in the last page. You load up the Daily Heroic and take an alternative route (the same teleported elevator you use during Taniks strike) to enter a time trial against Taken.

It's speculated that getting the weapon requires reaching that room with no deaths and under a certain amount of time but little has been confirmed. People here have gotten it already.

P44

LF someone to help me and my partner with running the daily heroic for the exotic sniper rifle. We are both around 255 Light so should be doable.

Message me on PSN: CmdrN7Shepard

You might want to get some more light or something.

That last room does not fuck around. It is a pretty high DPS check.

So..on a scale of 1 to fear's embrace, how tough is the black hammer 2.0 mission to solo?

lol

ocean

Banned
I see - I've yet to even use the sword I've got much less upgrade it. I don't even know where or when I'd use an exotic sword so I'm in no rush.

I'm vaguely aware that something called Black Hammer was pretty good but I never got one myself. But I managed to find a 310 exotic sniper from an engram late last night - I had just hit 301 during the raid and immediately went 3oC farming. I was super excited as it was the last thing that dropped, exactly what I wanted, and everything before it had decoded as 290. So while I would definitely have a use for this item I am kind of annoyed that my Hereafter might be irrelevant before I even get to try it out.
Swords are amazingly effective at dealing with Majors in your face, where using a rocket would be suicide. They're also fun to use, and let you block incoming damage (at the expense of "ammo"). Start swording man, it's extremely cool.

Your hereafter is not irrelevant. Exotics in general are all worth owning and tend to shine in different circumstances. There will be places where you'll want to use one, places for the other.

noomi

The New Black Hammer just became the best PvE sniper in TTK.

Especially for Kings Fall Raid.

Buh-bye, Hereafter

PuMa

ORYX down. ready to sleep

Pulse rifle
Hand cannon
chest piece
butt towel

Yesss GET WRECKED ORYX hahaha killed
your whole FAMILY now punk

Hit 295
Ghost, lmg, cloak, pulse. I love the lmg, and with extended mag it'll rock for my skyburners build. Not sure about Smite of Marian, might use it for some sweet infusing.
:)

Sorry I'll take all complaints under consideration but the raid is straight up phenomenal stuff.

up too late dead Oryx 301 hype

Congrats! Sorry I had to bail. Glad you were all able to get it done.

Waldini

Now that the cat if out of the hat ... I mean, the Hammer 2.0 is here ... it makes me wonder what else Bungie might've "hidden" away in the Daily Heroics.

Carl

not sure I'm gonna bother. maybe if I find a team who knows what to do, i'll join.

It's pretty simple if you watch the video. When you get to the area where the Tanneks mission is, board his Ketch and fight the shitload of ads. Looks tough as balls though

LiK

It's pretty simple if you watch the video. When you get to the area where the Tanneks mission is, board his Ketch and fight the shitload of ads. Looks tough as balls though

I'm only 250. probably won't survive that if people here who have higher light is struggling. i'll help whoever just for the marks.

Did you solo it or group up? Looking to do the Daily for the sniper too if you are down.

The strike will matchmake. One guy that I went in with started a party right away and we talked it through. It's tough so you absolutely can't solo that thing.

I am at work now so can't play :(

Daily, sniper? What sniper? I am just getting on here now..what did I miss?

Top Bottom