• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT31| The Courted Oryx (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

EL CUCO

Black Spindle get. Thanks to Optimus and Broodshadow running it with me. The Taken section was alot tougher than I expected. Basically need to clear through Thieves Den strike (minus the Devil Walker) in under 10min. That includes killing any adds alive after the boss dies. Secret things like this are making this game awesome.
nuWakuP.jpg

ocean

Banned
Maybe we can get this 3x using alts? This looks super useful and since classified weapons can't be moved via apps it would be easier to just keep one on each character.

The Black Spindle? Can you tell me what exactly did you do to accomplish it? From the start of the heroic mission.

Do the daily. After the second door you need to unlock go to the fallen ship like you are doing the HoW strike. You will board the ship and then have 10 minutes to clear it of taken.

deoee

What are the requirements to get it? I don't have any gunsmith rank or anything...

Just do the daily, get the shard and then run until you get to the room where you need to place the 3 relics.
Instead of doing that run across the room in the direction of the strike.
The transport is waiting for you :)

God this renders so slow: 18% D:

Ambitious

The Black Spindle? Can you tell me what exactly did you do to accomplish it? From the start of the heroic mission.

Just play until the room where you have to use three tomb husks to open the door. That's the circulat room with the big Hive pillar thing in the center. Don't open the door, but head for the location of the Taniks strike. It's the stairs at the opposite end of the room.

At some point, Taken will appear and a countdown starts. Use your best weapons, because the time limit is tight. In Tanik's room, you will encounter an Taken Ultra and bazillions of adds. Clear the adds until you have a clear shot at the boss. Do as much damage to him and keep clearing adds if you have to. Killing the boss is not enough, you have to kill the adds as well. Chain your supers all the time. Use heavy synths.

deoee

Just play until the room where you have to use three tomb husks to open the door. That's the circulat room with the big Hive pillar thing in the center. Don't open the door, but head for the location of the Taniks strike. It's the stairs at the opposite end of the room.

At some point, Taken will appear and a countdown starts. Use your best weapons, because the time limit is tight. In Tanik's room, you will encounter an Taken Ultra and bazillions of adds. Clear the adds until you have a clear shot at the boss. Do as much damage to him and keep clearing adds if you have to. Killing the boss is not enough, you have to kill the adds as well. Chain your supers all the time. Use heavy synths.

Also I found that AR are better than slow shooting rifles.

Switched from the DO Scout to Suros and then we finally did it

Edit:

Got the ship too, looks so nice *_*

deoee

What's that Vienna thingy you got?

See my edit, it was the ship :D

Also we tried 5 times I think. You get to orbit every time the countdown gets to 0.
We made it this time with about 6:30 on the clock entering the final boss room and had 20 sec. left when we did it.

Impulsor

I can upload a video!
Gimme 15 minutes :)

Rendering now.

It starts after you get the Shard.

I like you!

We are 300+ guardians, got the raid twice, we are effing doing this, no doubt about it.

jacket320

I read an unconfirmed report that you don't have to do the daily to get it and can just do it from the 240 light mission on the map - trying now and will report back

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Wow, so today's daily has its own exotic if you do the mission a certain way? That's pretty cool!

noomi

So how does the full mission for the Black Hammer 2.0 take, over 20min?

Trying to determine if I can squeeze it in during lunch or not.

Wallach

So how does the full mission for the Black Hammer 2.0 take, over 20min?

Trying to determine if I can squeeze it in during lunch or not.

Probably around 20 minutes if you get it on the first try. You only have 10 minutes once you reach the ketch, so however fast you can get through the mission to that point.

Not easy though. Definitely focus on the shadow orbs, especially in the boss room, or you'll get pinned down by adds eventually. Destroying the orbs will stop enemies from spawning in that location for at least a while, and you need the breathing room.

Ambitious

See my edit, it was the ship :D

Also we tried 5 times I think. You get to orbit every time the countdown gets to 0.
We made it this time with about 6:30 on the clock entering the final boss room and had 20 sec. left when we did it.

Could you upload a screenshot of the ship? Did Ape get one too?

Top Bottom