• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT31| The Courted Oryx (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

Beat the raid in 2 hours yesterday (Touch of malice in the last area in the raid makes it a joke), got a 310 supercell from crucible weekly bounties, beat mini crota T3 encounter in 1 sword last night, 304 light on my warlock, started up my hunter, got her to 293, about passed out decrypting engrams.

I'd say it was a fairly successful day yesterday. and now i wake up and hear you can get an exotic black hammer.

But where tha fuk is sleeper simulant
I have been searching every corner of the Internet for leads for the sleeper. So far very little progress but many theories to test.

Wallach

Just for those on the hunt, the White Nail perk is the post-nerf Black Hammer version. It'll still be a good boss sniper, and a great way to level sub-300 weapons from the kiosk. Unfortunately the real Black Hammer was too good for this world and ascended to a higher plane, out of our mortal reach.

SnakeEyes

Banned
whats a black spindle
An Exotic Sniper that was discovered by a Redditor by accident by doing todays Daily Heroic Story. It's pretty much an Exotic Black Hammer 2.0.

Wait, you have to clear the adds after the boss is down?
Good lord... ^^
Yup, it does say "Kill ALL Taken" :)

My group got to the final boss with approx. 5mins to spare and we finished with 45secs left. That final room is nuts.

Ah shit. I hate being at work for things like this.

I'll be around this evening if anyone on DGAF can help me do this. I'm only at 293 light atm.

I'll post again looking for people later...

Namikaze1

Giving that sniper over to my Hunter. Keeping at least one 310 weapon on each guardian. Titan has her sword and Malice. Hunter will get Black Hammer 2.0. Warlock will have to wait for now.

MrS

Banned
Ah shit. I hate being at work for things like this.

I'll be around this evening if anyone on DGAF can help me do this. I'm only at 293 light atm.

I'll post again looking for people later...
Same. 293 should be fine. The first team to do it two-manned it earlier!

PSN is jen867530nine. No mic...

Is anybody doing the Black Spindle? I dont even know where/what that video is saying to do other than clear that room in 10 minutes or less.

Anyone want to drag me through it?

It's kinda cool how each sword is more suited to a specific class archetype that corresponds with the new supers. Like the Uppercut as a Titan feels so satisfying, like something you should do as a Titan.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
wow this weapon/quest is something that no one saw coming. Bravo Bungie, bravo whoever figured out how to hide things from database

Shows up at your Exotic Weapons Collection screen as a Level 40 weapon at 300 Attack. The one you get for beating the fight is a Level 30 at 310 Attack.
so you're also unlocking a source of 300 infusion material

wasn't even sure if I was gonna log in tonight but I MUST have it

GlamFM

Banned
BTW, random observation:

Sooooo many new faces in this thread, so many juniors!

TTK really brought a lot of new people in and I LOVE IT!

Tagyhag

Just started playing Destiny for the first time and I gotta say it's a lot of fun, especially the gunplay

I hear that Crucible is level balanced but when I play there's just a bunch of people running with swords destroying me, I assume I shouldn't play again much later?

Also, do you still need to get friends to do raids?

Just a thought, those saying your calcified fragments are glitched (as in your grimoire and you map don't corrolate), I think you may have picked one up with an alt. The grimoire is account wide but the map is by character.

Kal_El

You know what I love about this update. Up until last night I hadn't stepped foot into the raid and yet my light level was 295. I love seeing everyone in different gear and shaders. I hope that everyone doesn't eventually just have full raid gear because it's the highest. Who's going to infuse legendary gear with their raid set? I think I just might.

Top Bottom